PDA

View Full Version : Capured enemy?

(type name here)
9th May 2005, 02:31
I was looking threw the older screenshots in tafn and i noticed that in the victory screen of one of the older pictures show a captured enemy and artillery thing at the victory screen. How (if this is in the game) would this be implemented? look here:

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/siteimages/screenshots/large/Imperial_screen131.jpg

Is it possible to take prisoner?

Oststar
9th May 2005, 08:51
Hmm interesting... I'm also wondering about a similar matter. Apparently morale isn't in the game and yet Jaycz said something along the lines of it being included. Therefore do units break and run, and if so will it happen often? I'd like to see a few Standard Bearers (Correct terminology for Napoleonic times, Khornish?) and a drummer in the centre, and rather than most units fighting to the death, see them retreat, surrender or even rout sometimes. Of course I like IG as is I was just curious.

jaywalker2309
9th May 2005, 11:56
Hmm interesting... I'm also wondering about a similar matter. Apparently morale isn't in the game and yet Jaycz said something along the lines of it being included. Therefore do units break and run, and if so will it happen often? I'd like to see a few Standard Bearers (Correct terminology for Napoleonic times, Khornish?) and a drummer in the centre, and rather than most units fighting to the death, see them retreat, surrender or even rout sometimes. Of course I like IG as is I was just curious.

Units will break and run, but not til very late into the battle, ie when really down. Its probably not as advanced as people think, but we could possibly fix it in a patch (as you say some people like how it plays, lets see what the consensus is once everyones played it for a bit)

Oststar
9th May 2005, 13:19
Thanks for the reply, i'm truly grateful. Will there be varying levels of morale for different battalions, for example will a Black Watch take more to break than a Line Infantry battalion?

jaywalker2309
9th May 2005, 13:41
Thanks for the reply, i'm truly grateful. Will there be varying levels of morale for different battalions, for example will a Black Watch take more to break than a Line Infantry battalion?

That am not sure about.. i'd have thought the different units ability would be a factor, but dont quote me on it ;)

Oststar
9th May 2005, 13:53
That am not sure about.. i'd have thought the different units ability would be a factor, but dont quote me on it ;)

Consider yourself quoted...

On another note does morale fluctuate or just decrease?

jaywalker2309
9th May 2005, 14:03
Consider yourself quoted...

On another note does morale fluctuate or just decrease?

The answer to all questions is 42 ;)

Khornish
9th May 2005, 18:21
I'd like to see a few Standard Bearers (Correct terminology for Napoleonic times, Khornish?) and a drummer in the centre, and rather than most units fighting to the death, see them retreat, surrender or even rout sometimes.

Pretty much what they were called, beyond the national differences due to language.

mob
9th May 2005, 19:21
if in campaign you manage to get sorounded and know you will loose heavily is their a good chance taht you will get them back if you sorounder as you release them when you captor them

(type name here)
9th May 2005, 19:46
Once again i am left with no answer, how exactly do you take prisoner?

mob
9th May 2005, 20:09
m8 we arent being answered lol

Bellum
9th May 2005, 20:12
I was looking threw the older screenshots in tafn and i noticed that in the victory screen of one of the older pictures show a captured enemy and artillery thing at the victory screen. How (if this is in the game) would this be implemented? look here:

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/siteimages/screenshots/large/Imperial_screen131.jpg

Is it possible to take prisoner?

Watching the screenshot I see two options with the captured enemies. It would be nice to have an option of imprisonment of captuted enemies for a future exchange (diplomacy)...

:)

sick
9th May 2005, 20:16
After the enemy decided to retreat the battles ends en you return to the management map. Here you get some notice saying that the enemy decided to retreat and blabla. Then it will ask you wether to persue them or not. If you decide to do, two things can happen: you will capture (a part of) their troops (then you can decided to let them free or execute them) or you won't capture a single unit. :)

Tomorrow I will update the FAQ, which should answer more of you people's questions. :) I would have done that already if it wasn't my birthday (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=50417) today. :D

(type name here)
9th May 2005, 21:12
Alright, that sounds cool! :D

Oststar
9th May 2005, 23:36
The answer to all questions is 42 ;)

You're only Vague if you're General...

saddletank
10th May 2005, 08:22
Units will break and run, but not til very late into the battle, ie when really down. Its probably not as advanced as people think, but we could possibly fix it in a patch (as you say some people like how it plays, lets see what the consensus is once everyones played it for a bit)

If a patch is being considered how about bringing in a more variable morale system but make it an option the player can toggle on/off? For MP the host would be the one to decide if morale was on or off for an online game.

Personally I'd really like to see an option to break off hand to hand combat, particularly for cavalry who often withdrew, reformed and resumed combat in a series of small actions rather than one big do or die charge.