PDA

View Full Version : i heard it was delayed again

mob
7th May 2005, 11:43
is this true til autumn?????

pawnsacrifice
7th May 2005, 15:35
I'm hoping the game is delayed until they fix the massive problems with the game. The demo showed that this was clearly a rush job by the developer to get the game out. Once they tweek the game a little it may be enjoyable, and any delay that will prevent me from wasting $50.00 on junk will be appreciated. What the developers need to remember is that if they rush a game out to get some money, then all of those who purchase that game and hate it will be more likely not to buy future games from said developer. Not just an eidos problem others do it also.

fat_man
7th May 2005, 15:59
yah but on the other hand a game cannot be delayed too long....otherwise other games from said genre (or a different genre) will come out and you might buy those instead.

when a game is announced hype builds. if it gets delayed too long or too many times, hype can diminish and less people will care

for some games hype can stay for very long (if you have a good marketing team). But for example starcraft:ghosts when i heard this game was coming out i got so excited but it kept on getting delayed so now i bearly give a rats a$$ if and when it comes out.

And i am already tempted to use the money i saved to get IG for other games or dvds.

If they want to fix a problem fine but dont say it is coming out on one date and then change that date especially all the way to autumn that is just too long.(if anything do as much as you can and put out a patch when the game is out)

Mike_B
7th May 2005, 17:56
As long as there isn't any source for this it's still the 20th of May.

quantic
7th May 2005, 18:32
pawnsacrifice don't be an arse. If you don't like the game don't buy it. I doubt Eidos/Pyro could care less either way. There are certainly not 'massive' problems with this game.

jaywalker2309
7th May 2005, 19:18
is this true til autumn?????

News to me.. we announced it went gold officially on friday i believe

Khornish
7th May 2005, 21:02
News to me.. we announced it went gold officially on friday i believe

Where was this announced? Certainly not here, at least not in any place one could easily notice.

Please, communicate with the community... use these forums as a method to reach your customers and potential customers. One would think you would announce something like " IG has gone Gold!" here and sticky it, regardless of wherever else you announced the news.

mob
7th May 2005, 22:34
ya its too much botehr checking everywhere

Khornish
7th May 2005, 22:51
ya its too much botehr checking everywhere

Forget about it being a bother, that's a non issue.

This is an official Eidos forum though and really isn't used by Eidos for much in the way of communicating with its potential customer base.

They would probably do better to just close these forums down and use a customer service phone line. They could then answer the phone whenever they felt like dealing with a call. It would save them time, effort, and therefore money.

Hell, they could even use the phone with the ringer turned off, so they could randomly pick up the phone when they felt like it, and if someone happened to be on the other end, then Eidos could handle the call.

mob
8th May 2005, 07:39
lol or they could spend there money better and use invision free instead of paying so much fir vbulletin but still please post here on topics such as news

Mike_B
8th May 2005, 09:05
lol or they could spend there money better and use invision free instead of paying so much fir vbulletin

Yeah that will give a great url and great forum..

You could of course check out a gamesite to see if a game is gold it will always be faster than looking on a forum for it.

jaywalker2309
8th May 2005, 09:14
Where was this announced? Certainly not here, at least not in any place one could easily notice.

Please, communicate with the community... use these forums as a method to reach your customers and potential customers. One would think you would announce something like " IG has gone Gold!" here and sticky it, regardless of wherever else you announced the news.

I was trying to find where we'd made the announcement :) i am not marketing remember..

i'd mentioned a few days ago that we'd mastered the game to you guys `first` before we'd said anything anywhere else.

Its funny whenever i see `gone gold` news on gamespot and it says `will hit streets next tuesday` because i know how long it takes to manufacture/duplicate a game, and for that date to be true it means the game has been finished possibly as much as a month, depending on platform.

I am on these forums as often as i can :)

zzxxcc
8th May 2005, 12:14
Yup, It sure spun my head around when he dropped the news of IG's having gone 'gold master' on the forum!

Sorry, if anyone missed it but personally I was worried he had done us a big favour by dropping the news 'unofficially' here first but he might have been letting the cat out of the bag before it's time.

Khornish
8th May 2005, 12:17
I was trying to find where we'd made the announcement :) i am not marketing remember..

Kinda reminds me of that movie with a title similar to, "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came."

I've been reading these forums daily, trying to get any word, and word at all, of what was changed in IG since the demo release.

I missed the word of it going gold prior to noticing your remark in this thread. Just an FWIW, in the future, please sticky any commend you have about the content or release of a game and link it to whatever thread you're replying to.

As critical as I have been about IG, I do want the game to do well and Eidos is dropping the ball on using all avenues of marketing available to them, especially when it comes to this forum.

Khornish
8th May 2005, 12:23
Yeah that will give a great url and great forum..

You could of course check out a gamesite to see if a game is gold it will always be faster than looking on a forum for it.

What is the purpose of a forum that isn't being used in an official capacity? Fansites often do a better job promoting the game than ones that aren't used by the companies who "support" them.

I check Strategy Game Informer, Fileshack, and Fileplanet daily for news, in addition to checking on developer/producer/publisher forums. I need the information as my job is to sell the products these people produce. If the "gone gold" press release/email/forum posting was mentioned at Gamespot then it was for a very brief moment in their news section, as I checked that immediately once I saw the comment here.

sqall
8th May 2005, 12:42
Should of put it on the IG website, or atleast on the forums.

zzxxcc
8th May 2005, 13:45
Jaded.

It wasn't enough that they OFFICIALLY stated the game would be released on May 17?

Oh no, that's not enough! So many game companies broke their words in the past that no one believes anything anyone say's...

And YET it seems that here- everyone believes everything any one says.

Good grief!

This thread started with the ominious: "I heard..."

And NO ONE thought to ask: 1) Who was hearing? 2) Where did they claim to hear it? And What EXACTLY was it they thought they were hearing?"

'I heard' is one step above: "Well...I had a friend, who had a friend who's sister know a guy, and he says..."

sqall
8th May 2005, 14:00
Im talking about it going gold

Khornish
8th May 2005, 15:41
and I was talking about the lack of an announcement being posted here, on the IG homepage (where the news blurbs go..last one being 4/20/05) or the Eidos main site.

(type name here)
8th May 2005, 16:26
Well, the north american release has been delayed to the 18th of may. look
here http://www.eidosinteractive.com/

jaywalker2309
8th May 2005, 16:42
Well, the north american release has been delayed to the 18th of may. look
here http://www.eidosinteractive.com/

Its released on Tuesdays in US, however due to minor issue of the US being a bloody huge place it takes a while for distribution to hit the chains, therefore SOME places will have on Tuesday (very very lucky places) the rest will start getting the stock from the Wednesday.

Sol Invictus
8th May 2005, 16:47
I don't think that is a delay, only that it will ship on the 17th and be on the shelves on the 18th. That's the typical release schedule in the U.S.

You beat me to it jaycw.

(type name here)
8th May 2005, 19:15
Then why wouldn't they say the 18th in the first place?

jaywalker2309
8th May 2005, 19:58
Then why wouldn't they say the 18th in the first place?

Did it definitely say 17th before? i dont recall it saying that.. Some people will quote the day we release it to the chains (17th), others quote the day they expect the chains to have it in stock (18th), some say the 20th just to be safe.

Oststar
9th May 2005, 04:20
Despite Eidos not really listening to the community i'll point out that they've upped the ante on EA: one dev(?) participating on the forums, compared to EA's fantastic performance of not one EA admin ever logging in.

Congrats to jcay...