PDA

View Full Version : budget title?

Kontrocity22
6th May 2005, 18:35
i just read that if i pre-order this game it'll cost $39.99... does this mean that the game is budget cut? i havn't heard anything but all new games are useally $50.

http://www.actiontrip.com/gamedownload/25tolife.phtml

i'm not sure if this site is correct because like i said in a different post... thier saying the XB version is teen.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3533390&cat=63389&type=22&dept=2636&path=0%3A2636%3A37874%3A37875%3A63389

Walmart says $29.82...

I guess there hasn't been a price point yet...

imonlygonnausethisonce
9th May 2005, 15:00
well, honestly... this game looks pretty much like a budget title... I'm only going to get it if it comes out before Fear & Respect, and even then it will be just to tide me over until F&R comes out... This game isn't going to be that great.

Kontrocity22
9th May 2005, 20:29
1. you don't know if its not going to be that great... its not out yet. 2. if you think the game isn't going to be that great then why did you sign up for an account on a forum about this game... seriously. 3. The game has a sound track with real songs in it... i don't think its budget cut. the perpose of this post was so that mabye one of the mods could tell me if it is or not. not someone whos not even looking forward for the game's release. the moderators know what their talking about.

intrepid_soul
9th May 2005, 21:32
1. you don't know if its not going to be that great... its not out yet. 2. if you think the game isn't going to be that great then why did you sign up for an account on a forum about this game... seriously. 3. The game has a sound track with real songs in it... i don't think its budget cut. the perpose of this post was so that mabye one of the mods could tell me if it is or not. not someone whos not even looking forward for the game's release. the moderators know what their talking about.

2. You can sign up for an account and post to any forum, so its possible people could have signed up for something else.

3. The words you are searching for is "budget title" this is not a budget title. Most budget titles are $20. The price point is usually determined by marketing.

Killa_Cam'ron
10th May 2005, 03:59
well, honestly... this game looks pretty much like a budget title... I'm only going to get it if it comes out before Fear & Respect, and even then it will be just to tide me over until F&R comes out... This game isn't going to be that great.

whoa u got a long time to wait cuz fear and respect wont be out til christmas
or new years i forgot which one

imonlygonnausethisonce
10th May 2005, 14:46

Why are you getting all defensive? I'm sorry, but this game just looks like one of those thats going to go almost undetected. As for me signing up to the forum, I was excited for it's release, until I actually looked into the game... The graphics don't look that great, and it's kinda like SOCOM with a paint job. And one more thing - a lot of games have real songs in them, and while it may enhance gameplay, it wont save the game if it bombs. Maybe/hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm just going on what I've seen already.

And Killa_Cam'ron, Remember when this game was supposed to come out? If they keep pushing the release date back, and it releases with/before 25tl (unlikely), I know what I will be spending my money on. Of course, F&R's release date will most likely be pushed back a couple of times also...

anyways... sorry for making such a big stink... guess I'm sort of a pessimist.

imonlygonnausethisonce
10th May 2005, 14:53
Wow. Well, I think I stand corrected. I just took a look at the second trailer... It's redeemable to say the least. The only problem I have with it now is that silly laser on the cops' weapons. I think what really did it for me though was seeing how in-depth character creation is... The spark is back.

Kontrocity22
10th May 2005, 18:47
Wow. Well, I think I stand corrected. I just took a look at the second trailer... It's redeemable to say the least. The only problem I have with it now is that silly laser on the cops' weapons. I think what really did it for me though was seeing how in-depth character creation is... The spark is back.
i know songs don't make games but to get a lincence on a song cost alot of money and if it was a budget title i don't think they would pay that much money for the licences for all thoughs songs.

That trailors old and your telling me you just now saw it? lol well no hard feelings it just kinda pissed me off when what you were say wasn't true

imonlygonnausethisonce
11th May 2005, 14:28
Yeah dude, I was on the official site about a month back, when there were only two videos, the first trailor and the interview. I was in computer science yesterday, and i finally saw that they had a newer trailor and watched it.

...Kontrocity, we should battle it out when this game comes out, are you down?

Kontrocity22
11th May 2005, 20:20
Yeah dude, I was on the official site about a month back, when there were only two videos, the first trailor and the interview. I was in computer science yesterday, and i finally saw that they had a newer trailor and watched it.

...Kontrocity, we should battle it out when this game comes out, are you down?
yeah i'm down is your name gonna be the same of different... mines gonna be KoniKon... yeah i know i hate it but i'm stuck with the account for now... wait... what system you getting it for? I'm getting it on xbox.

imonlygonnausethisonce
13th May 2005, 14:56
nope, sorry dude, I have PS2 :(

Kontrocity22
13th May 2005, 21:25
nope, sorry dude, I have PS2 :(
yeah must ppl r... cuz its cheaper i guess... but 50 bucks ain't bad for all the good things in xbox