PDA

View Full Version : Worst game experience in a long time.

Timmay2112
6th May 2005, 04:23
I just purchased the PC version for me and my son and the darn thing wouldn't load on my wife's computer. said we didn't have the shadow 1.1 thing or whatever.

Her computer is a P4 2.0Mhz, GeFource2 MX/MX 400.

So couldn't find any support on line for $Y|t, so loaded on my system.

P4 3.2 w/ GeForce 6600GT and I get to the end of install and get:

"The wizard was interrupted before Lego Starwars coupld be completly installed." Click Finish to exit.

I haven't been able to find resolutions to either of these yet?!

Thanks,

Timmay

:)

jaywalker2309
6th May 2005, 07:07
I just purchased the PC version for me and my son and the darn thing wouldn't load on my wife's computer. said we didn't have the shadow 1.1 thing or whatever.

Her computer is a P4 2.0Mhz, GeFource2 MX/MX 400.

So couldn't find any support on line for $Y|t, so loaded on my system.

P4 3.2 w/ GeForce 6600GT and I get to the end of install and get:

"The wizard was interrupted before Lego Starwars coupld be completly installed." Click Finish to exit.

I haven't been able to find resolutions to either of these yet?!

Thanks,

Timmay

:)

Your first machine has a very very old graphics card, which is not supported am afraid.

Is your machine part of a domain network? (ie like a work machine)

The interrupted error is usually related to not having correct permissions to install.

Timmay2112
6th May 2005, 17:17
Thanks.

Based on your response I replaced the video card in my Wife's machine with a Radeon 9600pro. Game loaded fine and so far looks good.

On my machine, I verified that I'm in the administrators group. The machine isn't in a domain. I shut down all applications and everything in my task bar. (so no spam blockers/ virus protection or anything that should keep it from finishing.)

Still at the end of the install I get the error above.

Timmay

jaywalker2309
7th May 2005, 09:38
Thanks.

Based on your response I replaced the video card in my Wife's machine with a Radeon 9600pro. Game loaded fine and so far looks good.

On my machine, I verified that I'm in the administrators group. The machine isn't in a domain. I shut down all applications and everything in my task bar. (so no spam blockers/ virus protection or anything that should keep it from finishing.)

Still at the end of the install I get the error above.

Timmay

If you do a search on google for `Installshield interrupt error" it will give you a few sites with advice. however the `easiest` fix is simply reinstall service pack 2 (MS and IS both claim the other is responsible for the problem).

LegoRulez
5th Jun 2005, 03:03
Read the specs on the website before you buy it (too late?): :(
- DirectX9 compatible graphics card
- Graphics card must have pixel shader 1.1 or greater
- Examples are the GeForece 3 and the Radeon 9600.

mom2m&a
5th Jun 2005, 17:07
I have all the necessary specs for this game. GeForce 5200 graphics card (supports Directx 9), does pixel shader 1.1, and it still doesn't work. I finally have the graphics and sound synchronized, but the game still opens up with lines through the graphics and less than five minutes in the computer reboots itself. I tried improving the airflow to the tower but I don't think that's the only problem. This is ridiculous! This may be the coolest game in a long time, but I think Eidos needs to do an update for it so it's easier to run! You have a LOT of unhappy customers out here!

DMA57361
6th Jun 2005, 10:36
Graphics corruption and crashes after a short time . . . Is this the only (recent) game this happens with? (or maybe it's the only one you acutally use your PC for?)

Basically, that's the identical problem I had when I forgot to plug the molex power connector into my new graphics card (d'oh!). Of course it could be something totally unrelated altogether (driver, conflict, direct x, game itself, etc) but I thought I'd mention it as I know that the GeForce 5 range (and above) need the additional power connectors. Might be worth a check if it's a problem you have had before!

Obviously if it's a machine you bought whole, rather than one you've built or upgraded then this is probably irrelivant as it would have been connected from the outset.