PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Glory2. Victorian Times.

BANANAMAN
5th May 2005, 20:41
I know I know, it's a bit too early to come up with ideas for a Imperial Glory part2, but it's better too early than too late. :D

I would like to ask Pyro Studios & Eidos to reconsider the idea of starting a Imperial Glory part2, while the original Imperial Glory is selling. Many would just love to see an Imperial Glory2: Victorian Era. :)

Victorian Era: 1830-1900. Great stuff! Turn base strategy board of the world, because back then in Victorian times battles would be fought at home in the Western world as well as in the colonies of the European empires. You can make playable:

* U.S. Northern States.
* U.S. Southern States.
* Portugal
* Spain
* France
* Great Britain
* Germany
* Austria
* Russia
* Ottoman Empire
* Japan

And the Victorian era was about the beginning/inventions of many things, such as: the steam engine, the steam railwaytrain, the first iron sailing ships (which existed next to the wooden sailing ships), the very first primitive machine gun which is almost immobile and short ranged (the gattlain I think), the very first Atlantic telephone line connection, Thomas Edison who researched electricity and the light bolt, the golden age of international trade, and so on. With all these changes there are just some things that did not change during the Victorian era: the ambition to expand ones own empire and the Napoleonic way of fighting with formations. And the only way they saw fit to fuel their ambitions in those times (Victorian times) was to colonize as much as possible of the world.

Well? Pyro Studios, Eidos.. what do you think of such an idea? Cool idea, yes?! :cool: :)

And what about the fans in here? Let your voices be heard! :cool:

Irish2
5th May 2005, 20:47
^^^Lets see what needs to be fixed in IG before we start asking for a different game. I want every nation playable in an add-on as well as larger battle sizes before I want them to commit making an entirely different game. Also there are some things that will undoubtedly need patching.....

Yorkie
6th May 2005, 16:14
[QUOTE=BANANAMAN]I With all these changes there are just some things that did not change during the Victorian era: the ambition to expand ones own empire and the Napoleonic way of fighting with formations. And the only way they saw fit to fuel their ambitions in those times (Victorian times) was to colonize as much as possible of the world.
[QUOTE]

The map was painted red indeed :)

dont forget that airships was floating around france too ..

BANANAMAN
7th May 2005, 12:34
^^^Lets see what needs to be fixed in IG before we start asking for a different game. I want every nation playable in an add-on as well as larger battle sizes before I want them to commit making an entirely different game. Also there are some things that will undoubtedly need patching.....

An add-on???? :confused:

I dont think there will be IG add-ons when being successfull, but sequels like an Imperial Glory part2. That's why I came up with the idea of a IG2. I think we can ask from Pyro Studios for IG2 to be a little more realistic in gameplay and the max. units on screen. ;)

And IG2 would be more exotic also, just imagine: landbattles on the beaches of the Caribean islands, all kinds of deserts, North-American landscape, near tropical jungles with waterfalls, landscapes of India, near the ruins of the Mayas in South-America, the great plains of South-Africa inhabited by Zulus, the deep snow of Alaska & Siberia, and so on.

And sea-battles would be exotic as well, such as: sea-battles in the Pacific Ocean where there are Atol islands (an Atol island is a very small island which most of its surface is half metre under water) as background decoration, sea-battles in the Atlantic Ocean where waves can realy be metres high & huge, sea-battles near the North-Pole & South-Pole where you have ice-bergs and all kind of ice drifting around, sea-battles in the Caribean sea where you have not only your enemy (or enemies) but also pirates!

Well, have I kindled a little more enthusiasm for a Imperial Glory2 in here? :D

Oststar
7th May 2005, 13:54
Shoosh! Don't encourage them! The last thing we need right now is for Pyro Studio/Eidos to lose interest in fixing the IG flaws and begin making a new game. While the Victorian era would be nice it would be a lot more complicated: the American Civil War saw the end of Napoleonic tactics because of Gattlings, Breechloader Rifles and Rifled Artillery. After a some years the game would need a whole shift in gameplay to trench warfare.

mob
7th May 2005, 15:10
An add-on???? :confused:

I dont think there will be IG add-ons when being successfull, but sequels like an Imperial Glory part2. That's why I came up with the idea of a IG2. I think we can ask from Pyro Studios for IG2 to be a little more realistic in gameplay and the max. units on screen. ;)

And IG2 would be more exotic also, just imagine: landbattles on the beaches of the Caribean islands, all kinds of deserts, North-American landscape, near tropical jungles with waterfalls, landscapes of India, near the ruins of the Mayas in South-America, the great plains of South-Africa inhabited by Zulus, the deep snow of Alaska & Siberia, and so on.

And sea-battles would be exotic as well, such as: sea-battles in the Pacific Ocean where there are Atol islands (an Atol island is a very small island which most of its surface is half metre under water) as background decoration, sea-battles in the Atlantic Ocean where waves can realy be metres high & huge, sea-battles near the North-Pole & South-Pole where you have ice-bergs and all kind of ice drifting around, sea-battles in the Caribean sea where you have not only your enemy (or enemies) but also pirates!

Well, have I kindled a little more enthusiasm for a Imperial Glory2 in here? :D

m8 they havent made patch 1.1 or 1.2 and 1.3 even do i doubt there will be 1.3 they havent made an expansion they havent released map making tools or mod making of any kind and you are asking to consider making a new game please please please shut up

BANANAMAN
7th May 2005, 18:24
In victorian times they still fought in 'Napoleonic' formations, so I dont see any reason why there wont be any in a possible IG2.

And nooooooo, I wont hush up (shut up). :p

I realy hope Pyro Studios & Eidos will pick up this great idea of an Imperial Glory2. :)

mob
7th May 2005, 20:02
an expansion is cheaper and will have alot of that please just shut up

Anakin Skywalker
7th May 2005, 20:38
@BANANAMAN:
I need your help, son. I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on this forum.

BANANAMAN
7th May 2005, 23:52
an expansion is cheaper and will have alot of that please just shut up

An expansion doesnt make it to the storeshelves, a sequel does. :D

By the way: YOOOHOOOO! PYROSTUDIOS! EIDOS! I'M HERE! HAVE YOU READ MY THREAD? I HOPE SOOOOOOOOO! :D

Anakin Skywalker
8th May 2005, 09:14
Learn to know the dark side of the force and you'll achieve a power, greater than any Jedi!

BANANAMAN
13th May 2005, 20:08
I realy hope to see an Imperial Glory 2 from Pyro Studios & Eidos: that would be soooooo cool! :cool: :D

BANANAMAN
13th May 2005, 20:10
Learn to know the dark side of the force and you'll achieve a power, greater than any Jedi!

No thanks. :D

Dravin
13th May 2005, 22:32
No thanks. :D

*Listens to the choking/gagging noises coming from Bananaman's direction*

Maybe not the best choice that one. :)

BANANAMAN
13th May 2005, 22:38
*Listens to the choking/gagging noises coming from Bananaman's direction*

Maybe not the best choice that one. :)

What are you talking about? :confused:

What do you mean?

And why are you picking on me, hmmm?

Dravin
13th May 2005, 23:02
The exchange just made me think of the Dark Side M&M commercials I've been seeing lately that's all. I can describe the commercial if you aren't familiar with it and really want me to, but just chalk the exchange up as a failed attempt at humor, not picking on. :)

Oststar
14th May 2005, 05:13
I sense a thread falling into spamland. Now Bananaman what was meant by "Expasions don't reach store shelves"?

BANANAMAN
14th May 2005, 17:54
The exchange just made me think of the Dark Side M&M commercials I've been seeing lately that's all. I can describe the commercial if you aren't familiar with it and really want me to, but just chalk the exchange up as a failed attempt at humor, not picking on. :)

Thanks for enlightening me Dravin. Now I see what you mean. Sorry I didnt see the humor though. :o

BANANAMAN
14th May 2005, 18:31
I sense a thread falling into spamland. Now Bananaman what was meant by "Expasions don't reach store shelves"?

Sorry for being too simple minded Oststar, expansions do reach store-shelves but they (expansions) tend to reach bottom price faster then a sequel so a sequel would financialy be more attractive being on the store-shelves for devs & publishers than an expansion. An expansion is realy meant to sqeeze out those last pennys & cents from the hardcore fans of a certain title. ;) But a sequel on the other hand is a total new game although it feels somewhat familiar with the last title of the same series. So, a sequel is not meant to sqeeze out some pennys & cents from some hardcore fans: it (a sequel) is meant to pour in buckets of banknotes from everyone's pocket outthere. ;)

So, a sequel would in principe have a bigger priority to hit the shelves than an expansion. Although sometimes expansions reach store shelves but not that much as sequels do. Expansions are largerly available from the internet stores which is a method of buying which I do not prefer. I prefer handing cash money at a store for a product mano O mano, eye to eye. :D

saddletank
15th May 2005, 02:20
Generally these days I think customers expect an expansion CD, and even feel cheated if one isn't produced. It also gives the devs an opportunity to make some changes to the original game if they wish.

BANANAMAN
22nd May 2005, 12:54
I think seeing the many design related complaints like having no pause & giving orders during pause and the hold/stand ground option in Imperial Glory they should and can be implemented into a possible Imperial Glory2 which is actualy a second chance for Pyro Studios & Eidos of pleasing their consumers.

Am I right or not? :D

Oststar
22nd May 2005, 13:55
I think seeing the many design related complaints like having no pause & giving orders during pause and the hold/stand ground option in Imperial Glory they should and can be implemented into a possible Imperial Glory2 which is actualy a second chance for Pyro Studios & Eidos of pleasing their consumers.

Am I right or not? :D

You are not. These issues should be addressed with the damn game, not pull an EA and just ignore the issues and run headlong towards "BUT WE'RE MAKING A NEW GAME THAT WILL KICK THE ASS OF EVERYTHING OUT THERE!" excuse. Battlefield 1942 was dropped so that DICE Canada (My god did they get a bad rep) could make BF:V, the hype was "The reskin will kill BF42" etc etc. Well more than a year on and BF:V has failed to enter my CD rack. Why? Because the game had major issues on release and they were only partially addressed. Now everyone has the opinion of "But BF2 will kill everything out there, why bother with BF:V?"

Hmm sound familiar? Sure my enthusiasm for it is undulled, especially after the stripped down videos sent to me of it, but I have grave misgivings.

Your comments are encouraging Pyros/Eidos to tell us all to forget IG and run out and buy IG2.

I agree on the expansion comments though. A good footnote about expansions is the very nature of them. They are usually items and elements that could be put in the game via patches, but the company choses to make a quick dollar off the ideas. More good examples by EA are the BF42 expansions The Road to Rome and [Secret Weapons of World War Two[/i], both of which had a half a dozen new vehicles and guns, two new countries and eight new maps. They recieved no patching and popularity was low. If DICE had taken the time to have sixteen new maps and rearm the whole countries rather than just the little fop offs then they might have been more like United Offensive which while staying very much like the Original CoD is almost a new game. UO will be popular while RtR and SW are dead as doornails and BF42 continues to die a painful death.

By nature an expansion is a way to line the pockets of the company while keeping the workload low. BF2 already has an expansion planned by the infamous DICE Canada, already, before the game is out, dozens are swearing not to buy it. If people expect expansions, very soon they will not want them anyway, expected or not.

sullivan252avn
22nd May 2005, 17:19
I agree with you!! I would love to see a Victorian era implemented in this game some how.
I haven’t bought the game yet having trouble locating it been to more than 6 stores everyone is either sold out or haven’t got it in yet.

BANANAMAN
22nd May 2005, 21:24
You are not. These issues should be addressed with the damn game, not pull an EA and just ignore the issues and run headlong towards "BUT WE'RE MAKING A NEW GAME THAT WILL KICK THE ASS OF EVERYTHING OUT THERE!" excuse. Battlefield 1942 was dropped so that DICE Canada (My god did they get a bad rep) could make BF:V, the hype was "The reskin will kill BF42" etc etc. Well more than a year on and BF:V has failed to enter my CD rack. Why? Because the game had major issues on release and they were only partially addressed. Now everyone has the opinion of "But BF2 will kill everything out there, why bother with BF:V?"

Hmm sound familiar? Sure my enthusiasm for it is undulled, especially after the stripped down videos sent to me of it, but I have grave misgivings.

Your comments are encouraging Pyros/Eidos to tell us all to forget IG and run out and buy IG2.

I agree on the expansion comments though. A good footnote about expansions is the very nature of them. They are usually items and elements that could be put in the game via patches, but the company choses to make a quick dollar off the ideas. More good examples by EA are the BF42 expansions The Road to Rome and [Secret Weapons of World War Two[/i], both of which had a half a dozen new vehicles and guns, two new countries and eight new maps. They recieved no patching and popularity was low. If DICE had taken the time to have sixteen new maps and rearm the whole countries rather than just the little fop offs then they might have been more like United Offensive which while staying very much like the Original CoD is almost a new game. UO will be popular while RtR and SW are dead as doornails and BF42 continues to die a painful death.

By nature an expansion is a way to line the pockets of the company while keeping the workload low. BF2 already has an expansion planned by the infamous DICE Canada, already, before the game is out, dozens are swearing not to buy it. If people expect expansions, very soon they will not want them anyway, expected or not.

Thanx for the reaction, but I'm not for an expansion I'm for a sequel: a sequel. :rolleyes:

BANANAMAN
22nd May 2005, 21:28
And should Pyro Studios & Eidos start for example today with Imperial Glory2 then it would take 2 to 3 years for it to be released on the storeshelves, so talking about an possible Imperial Glory2 will not harm Imperial Glory in any way.

Smithy021
22nd May 2005, 22:27
SCreww all of tha ti want a WW2 IG type game with tanks and Stuff that would be AWSOME give them abilitys 2 ding in
oooooooo man that would be sweet it would be more shooting but yea

Oststar
22nd May 2005, 22:57
The IG engine is not geared towards WWII style weapons and would take a lot to change it.

IRT BANANANAMAN

If Pyros/Eidos began working on IG2 a large portion of the IG team would be pulled and put on that project, therefore the team for patching IG would be reduced in its ability to add and repair the content we want.

Sir Crow
22nd May 2005, 23:06
Well don't you think if they don't address the issues now people might be put off buying IG2? And what happens if there are some minor faults with IGS will you still be screaming for IG3 after you have spent out for two games?

BANANAMAN
22nd May 2005, 23:41
SCreww all of tha ti want a WW2 IG type game with tanks and Stuff that would be AWSOME give them abilitys 2 ding in
oooooooo man that would be sweet it would be more shooting but yea

I think some of you guys didnt read this thread that well, I'm of opinion that Imperial Glory2 should be about the Victorian Era of 1830-1900 not about the WWII, lol.

Victorian Era = no tanks. The gattling (the very first primitive machinegun) would be the most dangerous weapon in Imperial Glory2 but it is not that accurate as the present day machineguns and not so mobile also, so that cavalry can take out the gattling easily.

I repeat: Victorian Era, not WWII. Please, next time try to read the whole thread before saying anything because it just makes some of you look stupid.

Oststar
23rd May 2005, 00:49
Well don't you think if they don't address the issues now people might be put off buying IG2? And what happens if there are some minor faults with IGS will you still be screaming for IG3 after you have spent out for two games?

Many will: BF42 still had issues when they stopped patching, BF:V still has issues, but everyone is screaming for BF2 like a saviour.

Oststar
23rd May 2005, 00:54
IRT BANANANAMAN

Given that post I can't be certain, but i'll bet you they're either a young teenager or a deliberate troll. Look at the typing and general gist of the post "I want, I want, stuff you, cause I want this, not that"

Either someone who likes to create problems on forums by trolling, or a total idiot young teenager.

BANANAMAN
23rd May 2005, 01:15
IRT BANANANAMAN

Given that post I can't be certain, but i'll bet you they're either a young teenager or a deliberate troll. Look at the typing and general gist of the post "I want, I want, stuff you, cause I want this, not that"

Either someone who likes to create problems on forums by trolling, or a total idiot young teenager.

I'm not here to cause problems but you are, because this thread is about a possible Imperial Glory2: Victorian Era. And you talk about WWII: Gee! I wonder who the real idiot & troll is inhere. :rolleyes:

Stay on topic and dont stray like some drunk behind wheels is my advice to you. But hey! Who cares about staying on topic nowadays, yes?! :rolleyes:

Smithy021
23rd May 2005, 02:43
I think some of you guys didnt read this thread that well, I'm of opinion that Imperial Glory2 should be about the Victorian Era of 1830-1900 not about the WWII, lol.

Victorian Era = no tanks. The gattling (the very first primitive machinegun) would be the most dangerous weapon in Imperial Glory2 but it is not that accurate as the present day machineguns and not so mobile also, so that cavalry can take out the gattling easily.

I repeat: Victorian Era, not WWII. Please, next time try to read the whole thread before saying anything because it just makes some of you look stupid.
hey i said it would be cool 2 have it ww2 just saying my view

u want it victorian times i would like it ww2 thats all i ment 2 say

Oststar
23rd May 2005, 03:09
I'm not here to cause problems but you are, because this thread is about a possible Imperial Glory2: Victorian Era. And you talk about WWII: Gee! I wonder who the real idiot & troll is inhere. :rolleyes:

Stay on topic and dont stray like some drunk behind wheels is my advice to you. But hey! Who cares about staying on topic nowadays, yes?! :rolleyes:

I don't understand? I wasn't talking about you, the IRT meant I was talking to you, not about you. Smithy 021 or whatever is who I meant, you spoke kindly to him and he called you an *******. I'm pointing out that Smithy is either a troll or a Teenager who is very ignorant. I'm not talking about you, I think the Victorian Era would be fun to play, but now is not the time for it.

As for causing trouble; yes pointing out trollls usually results in flaming, but this forum is rather naieve regarding such matters.

BANANAMAN
23rd May 2005, 11:45
I don't understand? I wasn't talking about you, the IRT meant I was talking to you, not about you. Smithy 021 or whatever is who I meant, you spoke kindly to him and he called you an *******. I'm pointing out that Smithy is either a troll or a Teenager who is very ignorant. I'm not talking about you, I think the Victorian Era would be fun to play, but now is not the time for it.

As for causing trouble; yes pointing out trollls usually results in flaming, but this forum is rather naieve regarding such matters.

Sorry about that Oststar, I have this urge to attack anyone talking about something else which strays away from the topic. Please consider my posts to you as friendly fire. ;) :D

BANANAMAN
23rd May 2005, 11:47
And Smithy.. I'll take that illiterate back but I still think you're an idiot: grow up and make your own thread. :cool:

BANANAMAN
17th Jun 2005, 18:58
@ Pyro Studios & Eidos.

Now back on topic: please dont forget to make an Imperial Glory2. ;)

pawnsacrifice
17th Jun 2005, 19:25
It would be cool to have a good game based on the Victorian Era. Strategy First tried but failed with age of Victoria. I agree that IG needs to be seriously revamped before they even considering the next game. If they don't fix some of the more basic problems with the original, i'd have little faith left in the ability to improve the game by making another. based on the current IG engine and gameplay, I would disinclined to purchase another. Pause, hold, art..... all need fixing. If they do eventually take the step of making the next IG though they need to include the rest of the world. Nothing is more frustrating than being Britain and suffering from a lack of money when at the time Britain was the richest country in the world. Colonies and vassals were the mainstay of many a European countries economies up until the middle of the 20th century. Also allow us to play any power. If I want to try and conquer the world as Portugal, that should be my right. And get rid of the stupid tech tree where different governments have different technologies. Democrats are just as capable of healing soldiers as Despots are. To be honest, democracies tend to have better health care because of scientific freedom. got a bit off track but oh well.

Billy Fish
17th Jun 2005, 22:52
I know I know, it's a bit too early to come up with ideas for a Imperial Glory part2, but it's better too early than too late. :D

And what about the fans in here? Let your voices be heard! :cool:

I would say that considering the bugginess of this game I won't be holding my breath for a sequel. Seems like a whole lot more people are visiting the tech forum rather than the gameplay forum says something about the stability of this game. :mad:

I've pretty much tried everything to get this game to run without it lagging six ways to Sunday after 4-5 turns and considering I'm running a system well beyond recommended specs, that shouldn't be the case. :confused: