PDA

View Full Version : New Fansite

jeffdan9
5th May 2005, 19:15
Look at my cool new fansite! For now, it only has 2 pages & an forum, but any fansite has to start somewhere. If you've been looking, it's here (http://www.geocities.com/weirdperson11/Imperial_Glory_fansite.html)
It's nice, but still needing much more construction :)

sqall
5th May 2005, 19:20
Nice stuff, but I suggest you use invisionfree for your forum :)

jeffdan9
6th May 2005, 20:46
My new InvisionFree forum is out right here (http://s11.invisionfree.com/IGFansiteForum/index.php) . Please start posting! I deleated my old horrible Proboards forum after I found out squall's suggestion. Still under construction, but now links & updates page is up!

mob
7th May 2005, 08:27
to be honest a fan site is a boring idea make or join a clan if you wanna discuss something

www.imperialassassins.tk or if that doesnt work click here (www.freewebs.com/imperialassassins)

sqall
7th May 2005, 09:21
Mob that was just a lousy excuse to advertise your clan.

mob
7th May 2005, 11:29
im sorry the admin took away my sig for no ****ing reason i gota come up with lousy excuses

sqall
7th May 2005, 11:33
This may fix it.

Edit your post then go to the show signature bit and tick the box, then do save. Hope it helps

mob
7th May 2005, 11:40
yay yay yay

Mike_B
7th May 2005, 11:57
im sorry the admin took away my sig

Well not really. After the forum was upgraded to this some permissions and options where changed back to default. One of them being that the show signature box was automaticly ticked by every post there where it was previously chosen to set it default to off to not have hundreth times showing a sig in a thread. This has simply been restored.

jeffdan9
7th May 2005, 12:53
Stop getting off topic about mob's ranting & advertising. Go back & see if you join my forum. It's now open. My fansite, still under construction, but the basics are almost done, I just have to put in the "info" page.

mob
7th May 2005, 13:10
this was also the orgianl meaning of clans
to be honest a fan site is a boring idea make or join a clan if you wanna discuss something

jeffdan9
8th May 2005, 13:49
Stop flaming me, mob with no basis. I could just say a clan has no point & a fansite has lots of meaning. Give reasons why you think a clan is better & a fansite sucks! Really, mob

mob
8th May 2005, 16:16
no not really clans offer more the fansites as they offer chances to enter tournys wich fansites cant do

they offer people more and have a better feeling about them
and with clans you have all the same type of people together and nobody is gonna start picking as much as 'fansites'

overall clans beat fanysites

jeffdan9
8th May 2005, 16:36
NO, stop using my fansite as a method for your advertising your clan. How come TAFN is a great fansite, , & they don't have Tourney's but they have a forum like me & they're successful. Now stop flaming me & advertise in your own thread.
Overall fansites beat clans
because they get exclusive preview
educate about the game
have lots of people in their forums
are usually more known

Why clans are bad
they don't give any info about the game
who cares what your enemy & allie is
I can't read even read in your forum but you can read in mine
your site is full of misspellings & also your posts
more diversity is good, how come you only like people like you
your not the best like you lie on your site
you only have 13 unlucky members
you don't mod your games

You get the idea, fansites rule & clans suck

Khornish
8th May 2005, 21:22
Jeffdan9,

Words of advice, "don't feed the trolls."

Good luck with your site.

Picotrain
8th May 2005, 22:12
I would not like to use expletives against you, so calm down. So give some basis for your poor judgment against my brand new fansite. So stop disencouraging me & saying my site is gay without any judgment or basis. All your complaints have been subjective advertisments, now give an objective look & see, we both have good sites. That should settle it, I have a good site & you have a good site.

Why would you want someone like that visiting your new site, anyways? If it were my site, I'd discourage him from visiting. It's bad enough he's around here all the time, if he makes himself comfortable at your place, he might never leave... sort of like a stray pooch...

mob
9th May 2005, 12:12
mmmm no ones laughing at all

jeffdan9
10th May 2005, 19:27
New information availiable in the "Info" section. I'm behind schedule, sorry about that, but I put up my own original descriptions about the Great Britain & Austrian Cavalry & Infantry. I didn't put in France, Prussia, or Russia units because they are untested & I want to get their strengthes & weaknesses, not just the official description because I want something original. Same goes for Ships, because I didn't test them. I don't have time to put in the Artillery yet, but I will put my tested ones up in a few days. Thank you for your great response, just I have to put my new updates here!

saddletank
10th May 2005, 23:02
jeffdan9 - stop talking to him. If we all simply ignore his posts and carry on any thread like his post never existed he'll soon get bored and just go away. Don't rise to his bait, it's what he wants. Trolling must the world's 3rd oldest profession :)

mob
11th May 2005, 14:57
i like the no posting till accepted thing is there nice touch aldo if you dont mind me sugesting

people may get a touch anoyed at not being able to post straight away but having said that it will weed out the ones who only post once or twice all in all i think thats a good idea

need more topics and a petition area

what games have you played prior to this (back to flaming) because political talk is private between clans top members and they wont be talking where everyone can see i recomend removing that

if you want help with the forum ask me or les if you dont trust me ;)

jeffdan9
12th May 2005, 18:34
If all you could do is flame, mob, just ban him pernamently. It will solve the problem after flaming for no reason & can clean up all the problems with this forum. So ban him now, I banned him from my site so he can't join but still need to clean up this site please.

mob
12th May 2005, 20:12
hahaha you dont even know me im a **** to people i dont know its the way i am i help them if they need help but they dont like my honesty either

look m8 im not a *** to show it heres a present i use invision alot and nothing beats a skin at making a forum look great
just go to

admin cp > manage style sheets (under skining and styles about 3/4 of the way down on the left) > copy and paste this over whatever is in "edit CSS"

it took a while to find a nice one enjoy

and save by clicking the
Edit CSS buton

html { overflow-x: auto; }

form { display: inline; }
img { vertical-align: middle;border: 0px; }
BODY { font-family:Verdana;font-size: 7.5pt;margin: 30px 70px 0px 70px;color: #FFFFFF;background-color: #000000; }
TABLE, TR, TD { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 11px;color: #FFFFFF; }
a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: underline;color: #cc0000; }
a:hover { text-decoration: none;color: #990000; }

fieldset.search { padding: 6px;line-height: 150%; }
label { cursor: pointer; }

img.attach { padding: 2px;border: 2px outset #000000; }

.googleroot { padding: 6px;line-height: 130%; }
.googlechild { padding: 6px;margin-left: 30px;line-height: 130%; }
.googleparent { padding: 6px;margin-left: 30px;line-height: 130%; color:#12271; }
.googlebottom, .googlebottom a:link, .googlebottom a:visited, .googlebottom a:active { font-size: 8.5pt;color: #666666; }
.googlish, .googlish a:link, .googlish a:visited, .googlish a:active { font-size: 8.5pt;font-weight: bold;color: #666666; }
.googlepagelinks { font-size: 8.5pt;letter-spacing: 1px; }
.googlesmall, .googlesmall a:link, .googlesmall a:active, .googlesmall a:visited { font-size: 7.5pt;color: #666666; }

li.helprow { padding: 0px;margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
ul#help { padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; }
option.cat { font-weight: bold; }
option.sub { font-weight: bold;color: #000000; }

.caldate { text-align: right;font-weight: bold;font-size: 8.5pt;padding: 4px;margin: 0px;color: #ffffff;background-color: #990000; }

#padandcenter { margin-left: auto;margin-right: auto;text-align: center;padding: 14px 0px 14px 0px; }
#profilename { font-size: 9pt;font-weight: bold; }
#calendarname { font-size: 9pt;color:#FFFFFF;font-weight: bold; }
#photowrap { padding: 6px; }
#phototitle { font-size: 9pt;border-bottom: 1px solid black; }
#photoimg { text-align: center;margin-top: 15px; }

#ucpmenu { line-height: 150%;width: 22%;background-color: #000;border: 1px solid #990000; }
#ucpmenu p { padding: 2px 5px 6px 9px;margin: 0px; }
#ucpcontent { line-height: 150%;width: auto;background-color: #000;border: 1px solid #990000; }
#ucpcontent p { padding: 10px;margin: 0px; }

#ipsbanner { position: absolute;top: 1px;right: 5%; }

#logostrip { border: 2px solid #990000;padding: 2px;margin: 0px;background-color:#000000}

#submenu { font-size: 7.5pt;margin: 3px 0px 3px 0px;font-weight: bold;color: #ffffff;background-color: #000000;border: 2px solid #990000; }
#submenu a:link, #submenu a:visited, #submenu a:active { font-weight: bold;font-size: 7.5pt;text-decoration: none;color: #cc0000; }

#userlinks { background-color: #000000;border: 2px solid #990000}

#navstrip { font-weight: bold;padding: 6px 0px 6px 0px; }

.activeuserstrip { padding: 6px;background-image: url(http://sweet100.users.btopenworld.com/redooze/tile_back.gif); }

.pformstrip { height: 18px;font-weight: bold;margin: 0px;color: #ffffff;background-color:#333333 }
.pformleft { padding: 6px;margin-top: 1px;width: 25%;border-top: 1px solid #eeeeee;border-right: 1px solid #eeeeee;background-color: #000000; }
.pformleftw { padding: 6px;margin-top: 1px;width: 40%;border-top: 1px solid #eeeeee;border-right: 1px solid #eeeeee;background-color: #000000; }
.pformright { padding: 6px;margin-top: 1px;border-top: 1px solid #eeeeee;background-color: #000000; }

.post1 { background-color: #000000;border: 1px solid #555555}
.post2 { background-color: #000000;border: 1px solid #555555}
.postlinksbar { padding: 7px;margin-top: 1px;font-size: 7.5pt;background-image: url(http://sweet100.users.btopenworld.com/redooze/tile_sub.gif) }

.postlinksbar a:link, .postlinksbar a:visited, .postlinksbar a:active { text-decoration: none;color: #ffffff; }
.postlinksbar a:hover { text-decoration: underline; }

.row1 { background-color:#000;color: #cc0000}
.row2 { background-color:#222222; color:#ffffff}
.row3 { background-color: #000; }
.row4 { background-color:#000000; color:#ffffff }

.darkrow1 { color: #000000;background-color: #000000; }
.darkrow2 { color: #000000;background-color:#990000}
.darkrow3 { color: #000000;background-color: #444444; }

.hlight { background-color: #eeeeee; }
.dlight { background-color: #eeeeee; }

.titlemedium { height: 18px;font-weight: bold;color:#ffffff;padding:6px;margin: 0px;background-image: url(http://sweet100.users.btopenworld.com/redooze/tile_sub.gif) }
.titlemedium a:link, .titlemedium a:visited, .titlemedium a:active { text-decoration: underline;color: #666666; }

.maintitle { border-bottom: 1px solid black;font-size: 8.5pt;font-weight: bold;vertical-align: middle;letter-spacing: 1px;padding: 7px;height: 20px;color: #fff;background-image: url(http://sweet100.users.btopenworld.com/redooze/tile_back.gif); }
.maintitle a:link, .maintitle a:visited, .maintitle a:active { text-decoration: none;color: #ffffff; }
.maintitle a:hover { text-decoration: underline; }

.plainborder { background-color: #000000;border: 2px solid #000000; }
.tableborder { border:2px solid #990000;background-color:#333333; padding:2; margin:0;width: 100% }

.tablefill { padding: 6px;background-color: #000000;border: 1px solid #990000; }
.tablepad { padding: 6px;background-color: #000; }
.tablebasic { width: 100%;padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;margin: 0px;border: 0px; }

.wrapmini { float: left;line-height: 1.5em;width: 25%; }
.pagelinks { float: left;line-height: 1.2em;width: 35%; }
.desc { font-size: 7.5pt;color: #ffffff; }
.edit { font-size: 7.5pt; }
.signature { font-size: 7.5px; color: #000000; line-height:150% }
.postdetails { font-size: 7.5pt; }
.postcolor { font-size: 8.5pt;color:#ffffff;line-height: 160%; }
.normalname { font-size: 9pt;font-weight: bold;color: #000000; }
.normalname a:link, .normalname a:visited, .normalname a:active { font-size: 9pt; }
.unreg { font-size: 9pt;font-weight: bold;color: #666666; }
.searchlite { font-weight: bold;color: #000000;background-color: #f5f5f5; }
#QUOTE { font-family: Verdana, Arial;font-size: 7.5pt;padding-top: 2px;padding-right: 2px;padding-bottom: 2px;padding-left: 2px;color: #000000;background-color: #eeeeee;border: 1px dotted #000; }
#CODE { font-family: Courier, Courier New, Verdana, Arial;font-size: 7.5pt;padding-top: 2px;padding-right: 2px;padding-bottom: 2px;padding-left: 2px;color: #000000;background-color: #eeeeee;border: 1px dotted #000; }
.copyright { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 7pt;line-height: 12px; }

.codebuttons { font-size: 8.5pt;font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;vertical-align: middle; }
.forminput, .textinput, .radiobutton, .checkbox { font-size: 8.5pt;font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;vertical-align: middle;background-color: #000;color: #cc0000 }

.thin { padding: 6px 0px 6px 0px;line-height: 140%;margin: 2px 0px 2px 0px;border-top: 1px solid #990000;border-bottom: 1px solid #990000; }

.purple { font-weight: bold;color: purple; }
.red { font-weight: bold;color: red; }
.green { font-weight: bold;color: green; }
.blue { font-weight: bold;color: blue; }
.orange { font-weight: bold;color: #F90; }

jeffdan9
13th May 2005, 20:04
Hey mob, I don't like your attempts to join my forum & copy your forum look, so stop trying to join forum by winning over me with the copy of your forum skin, & also don't flame me for no reason. Well anyway, I have added the original artillery descriptions to the "Info" page. So check my new work, & possibly join the forum! Discussion is beginning, site will be much updated when game comes out on May 17.

mob
13th May 2005, 20:15
mate thats not my forum skin i searched for like 20 mins to find a nice one my connection seems to be gone atm so its hard i didnt copy my one

im trying very hard to show you im not a ***ot
and what you take for flaming, i am only giving my opinion on what could be good for you

Mike_B
14th May 2005, 09:51
Guys this has been going on long enough. If you want to discuss this further do it via pm but keep your fight out of this thread and let it get back to what the original purpose.

jeffdan9
15th May 2005, 00:31
I got a domain name now, check here:
http://imperialgloryfansite.tk Some ads, but it's what you get for free, so it's now easier to get to my site. Thanks for sick for the great suggestion. Also, join my forum, people are discussing stuff now, just it takes a little while to get things going for forum discussion. So far 5 members including me, hope it'll be 10 by next week!

jeffdan9
16th May 2005, 01:15
Site is complete until game is released. Just 2 days untill release of the greteast R:TW threat there is. Anyway, BTW my favorite game all time is really Halo 1 for the PC, but Imperial Glory might overtake it!