PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars = perfect!!

Godfather
5th May 2005, 16:33
Hello there,

I was just wondering ...

Am I in fact the only person in the whole wide world who thinks all 5 (and soon to be 6) Star Wars movies are simply perfect? 5 stars outta 5?

I think all of them are as good as "The Godfather", "Memento", "The Lord of the Rings", "The terminator", "Aliens", "Casablanca" and "Ladri di biciclette" just to name a few.

What is your opinion regarding these wonderful films, please?

Bye for now

millnatla
5th May 2005, 16:37
4,5 and 6 superb.1 and 2 not ones i could watch over and over like the 4,5 and 6 am hoping for better things in the new one. Agree with u about Lord of the Rings tho all superb films.

Godfather
5th May 2005, 17:47
What is it that you didn't like about 1 and 2? I never understand why people dislike the new ones ... I think they're as good (and in some ways even better) than the old ones. I respect everybody's opinion, but I'm very glad that I love them all. :-D

Bye for now

millnatla
5th May 2005, 18:24
I think it must be how u remember them .I remember going to watch all 3 at once in the 80s and being blown away by the se and story ( oh the shock and horror when we found out that Vader was Lukes dad :eek: ). If 1 and 2 where ur first then that is why maybe ur opinion is the way it is. Tr is the same we all have our fav but if u played the original 1st then u will have the fondest memories of that one (i do anyways) . I am not saying i didnt like 1 and 2 ,they just disappointed me compared to 4,5 and 6.

Godfather
5th May 2005, 22:00
I am not saying i didnt like 1 and 2 ,they just disappointed me compared to 4,5 and 6.

That's a more positive opinion regarding the new Star Wars films than most people. But I think IMHO the reason as to why I really love them all is not what film I watched first and what last, but simply because I never knew Star Wars as a kid.

I watched/discovered Star Wars for the very first time after Jurassic Park had been released back in 1993 and I saw some footage of Star Wars because, just like Jurassic Park, it was a very important movie on special effects/CGI. And when I saw those images, I remembered that I had actually never seen any of George Lucas' masterpieces. Truly outragous if you know that I'm a huge science-fantasy fan. I love everything from Aliens and Terminators to Mummy's and Lord of the Rings. So: I only first saw Star Wars a little over 10 years ago and back then I wasn't a kid anymore ... I was 17 years old!! Maybe that's the main and perhaps even the only reason as to why I happen to be the only who thinks all 5 Star Wars movies are sheer brilliance!

And regarding the Tomb Raider games? Even though I think the first one is the best due to its wonderful story and the genius impact of its never-seen before 3D third-person adventure-impact in PC videogames, I DO believe however that the third Tomb Raider game is the best because it's simply the most beautiful Tomb Raider to date IMHO ... offering so many unpredictable and different worlds!

But eventually to put it in the words of Willem Dafoe in the film "Spider-man ...

To each his own. ;)

Bye for now

txa1265
6th May 2005, 14:33
I saw Star Wars in theaters in 1977 ... probably about a dozen times during that year it was in theaters ... and saw the others in theaters as well.

So I'm part of the generation who is *supposed * to feel that Lucas 'raped our youth' with the later films.

But I don't.

OK, I'm not a huge fan of The Phantom Menace - I feel that it is a great battle and some cool lightsaber action wrapped around an otherwise very uneven movie, and even moreso like it was not an efficient use of 2 or the 12 total hours in the series. My kids love it, and we still watch it occasionally.

Attack of the Clones I *love*. For me it is right there with Empire Strikes Back ... I go back and forth over which I like better. I love Ewan McGregor, for me he *is* ObiWan, moreso than Alec Guinness. I also really liked HAyden Christianson, although Natalie Portman left me somewhat cold with some of her acting.

I am very much looking forward to the new one ... my wife and I plan to take the kids on the first day.

Mike

bobgirl
6th May 2005, 15:14
i really didnt like star wars that much, lord of the rings was very good though

Umah Bloodomen
19th May 2005, 07:34
The entire saga is excellent, IMO. (And as I've just returned from the latest installment (which ranks high on my list of favorites), I can actually say that all six are great). :)