PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Glory competitor "Cossacks 2" takes an AWFUL SCORE (2.5 out of 5 Stars)

Sotos
4th May 2005, 09:12
One of Imperial Glory competitors goes bad

Cossacks 2 Napoleon wars

Gamespy says it has many details but lacks significant things for today standarts (also the Graphics seems with a lot detail nice but old dated in quality)

They really destroyed the game with a Awful Score of 2.5 out of 5 saying it only "FAIR"

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/cossacks-ii-napoleonic-wars/608241p1.html

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 10:20
Gamespy says Cossacks2 met its Waterloo as Napoleon. :D

But hey, who cares about Cossacks2. I dont. Not anymore. :p

Berdan
4th May 2005, 14:28
haven't played it yet but thats a real shame as I quite enjoyed playing the original & was looking forward to this sequel for a few years. o well, back to imperial glory :cool:

mob
4th May 2005, 15:29
berdan remember when i said you should be hired by eidos
are you already hired by them?

HellAngel_666
4th May 2005, 16:03
i doupt their going to hire a modder! no offence but they wouldn't as akella never hired any of the modders for their games and we made a complete conversion of it. plus rtw and almost any other modded game out there... not going to happen

mob
4th May 2005, 16:17
dreadfull game

its like ig minus graphics and dept and the pic of a man makes him look funny

Berdan
4th May 2005, 17:33
berdan remember when i said you should be hired by eidos
are you already hired by them?

screw that, i'll start my own company :cool:

Joker II
4th May 2005, 18:05
One of Imperial Glory competitors goes bad Cossacks 2 Napoleon wars

Gamespy says it has many details but lacks significant things for today standarts (also the Graphics seems with a lot detail nice but old dated in quality)

They really destroyed the game with a Awful Score of 2.5 out of 5 saying it only "FAIR"

Well, read this and weep :p :

Gamershell-Review: "the greatest strategy game on the market"

In the Gamershell.com review Cossacks2 got an overallscore of 9,2 and a silver award.

REVIEW (Click Here) (http://www.gamershell.com/pc/cossacks_ii_napoleonic_wars/review.html) :D :D

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 18:13
Gamershell's review before or after Cossacks2 crashed them back to windows-menu? :D :D :D

Joker II
4th May 2005, 18:42
It never crashed, otherwise they wouldn't give a 92% :D Something that you can't say from IG now can you, demo wasn't really awe inspiring :p

Cossacks 2 got:
- Great pathfinding
- Great AI
- Superb introduction of moral/fatigue factor
- Huge battles, but, granted, not the 64.000 units, but, just wait untill the add-on comes out ;)
- Superb realistic battles (not arcadian like or fastpaced in wich units jump like rabits and run the 100 meters in 6.0 seconds flat)
- Great implementation of controling your economics.

But, then again, each it's own taste ;)

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 19:12
It never crashed, otherwise they wouldn't give a 92% :D Something that you can't say from IG now can you, demo wasn't really awe inspiring :p

I was talking about the demo and the full version of Cossacks2. Just take a look at the English and German forums of Cossacks2 and it's full with complaints, especialy about the agressive software behaviour of Cossacks2, meaning Cossacks2's software crashing gamers back to windows-menu without any reason at all is just of one of it's main popular features. :D

That's why I asked you about the before or after the Cossacks2 software crashed the reviewer when finishing playing.

And if one does not have 1 GigaByte of RAM, then the whole game lags at the total of 2.500 units (peasants & military) from both sides.

And you talk about Imperial Glory's demo, but Imperial Glory's demo is set on ATI Catalyst 5.1, meaning those gamers who follow instructions (in one of those sticky topics) will have no problems playing Imperial Glory's demo, while those who did not follow instructions will have problems of course.

Cossacks2 is not even 5 euros worth in my opinion, because you can use it only as Christmass tree decoration or just throw it away in the garbage can. :p

Joker II
4th May 2005, 19:31
. Just take a look at the English and German forums of Cossacks2 and it's full with complaints, especialy about the agressive software behaviour of Cossacks2, meaning Cossacks2's software crashing gamers back to windows-menu without any reason at all is just of one of it's main popular features. :D

I am and I do look at the boards of CDV, and while there WHERE problems, CDV/GSC has allready made a patch to alter this within a few weeks.
Not only that, may I remind you that overal, people who tend to have problems with there game, come over towards the forums to tell there problems, but the VERY BIG MAJORITY, who don't have problems never do and quiet happily play the wonderfull game of COSSACKS 2 ;)

And if one does not have 1 GigaByte of RAM, then the whole game lags at the total of 2.500 units (peasants & military) from both sides.
That's what patches are for, the amount of used memory is decreased towards a measely 25% now :p

And you talk about Imperial Glory's demo, but Imperial Glory's demo is set on ATI Catalyst 5.1, meaning those gamers who follow instruction (in one of those sticky topics) will have no problem playing Imperial Glory's demo, while those who did not follow instructions will have problems of course. :p
Seems not only Cossacks 2 had problems with there demo then hey :D

Cossacks2 is not even 5 euros worth in my opinion, because you can use it only as Christmass tree decoration or just throw it away in the garbage can. :cool:

Well each it's own taste ;)

Oh yes, just for the record, here's another review:
Gamerankings: 84%(Click here) (http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=491332)

Some small quotes of the review:

If you haven't figured it out already, then let me make it clear for you - Cossacks II is all about strategy. While it is true this era of war lends itself very well to many unique strategies not emphasised as much in RTS games based on modern day warfare, such as the morale and loaded weapon management, it was up to GSC Gameworld to capture these strategic elements and they have done so very well.

Again, unlike many other RTS titles in the past where the relation between the gameplay and the formations are questionable, CII really captures this aspect brilliantly. Want to move fast? Use the column formation - the movement speed increase is easily noticeable. Want a better chance at an offensive attack? Use the "Rank" formation, which spreads you out into a line. Want a formation that will allow for better defense against Cavalry attack? Use "Square". And it doesn't stop there - when in the "Rank" formation, you can go into a "Stand Ground" specific formation that provides excellent defense from front on attacks, and you can also order certain lines in your "Rank" formation to fire whilst leaving the others to hold fire. This is a useful strategy as reloading times are a huge factor in this era of war, so having a line of gunmen who are loaded at all times is a good idea.

Perhaps the most basic yet still very effective factor to consider in your strategies is your angle of attack - do you take them on head on? send two formations to flank both sides? entice them to attack first? It is all up to you. This is another aspect which really impacts the outcome of battles. You can, with an effective battle plan, literally take on an army twice or even three times your size, if you take advantage of your environments and your opponent's weaknesses. Many RTS titles in the past have proclaimed to capture this and similar elements in its gameplay, but none in recent memory execute quite like Cossacks II, it truly is an element of the gameplay you have to consider.

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 20:10
Your advertisement for Cossacks2 realy sux JokerII. Les Grognards fans have performed better advertisement for their pc game.

And in your advertisement you say how Cossacks2 gamers and buyers are in the clouds at the 7th Heaven. In reality Cossacks2 gamers and buyers are in the abyss down in the 7th floor of Hell!

Wanna see some topics from their forums on Cossacks2? See here:

* problem with patch

* The patch
- Dr. Watson: this patch sucks slowed the game down to unplayable.

* patch problem?

* Got it too, but disappointed

* Error Error Error Error Error Error Error

* Big Bug in BFE

* Lobby chat problems

* 3d ink splodge is ruining my game

* Crashing to Desktop

* this game sucks

* some problems

* I think I'll wait a bit!

* So Disappointed with C2

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to see some more topics from the Cossacks2 forums JokerII? It will make great advertisement for Cossacks2 you know. :D

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 20:15
That's what patches are for, the amount of used memory is decreased towards a measely 25% now :p
[/QUOTE]

They should have decreased the use of amount of RAM memory by 100% to make it run smoothly at a 512 Mb RAM not this meager 25%. What does this 25% decrease means anyway? That Cossacks2 lags 25% less?

Joker II
4th May 2005, 20:25
Your advertisement for Cossacks2 realy sux JokerII. Les Grognards fans have performed better advertisement for their pc game.

First of all, learn some manners, I never called you any names, please restrain yourself from doing so yourself and grow up.

Second, my "advertising" as you may speak of is simply a result of the constant bashing of the game on this forum! If that is the way you advertise or break a game, then I really feel sorry for you!

I understand each has it's own opinion about a game and everyone has it's own taste, but the way it is allowed on this forum to bash another game has gone beyond my comprehension. Hence my reaction towards it!!

And in your advertisement you say how Cossacks2 gamers and buyers are in the clouds at the 7th Heaven. In reality Cossacks2 gamers and buyers are in the abyss down in the 7th floor of Hell!

Instead of rambling on, read my post carefully, I stated that there where problems and probably some people will still have problems even after this patch, BUT, those who are quiet happy with the game and are playing it won't come over to the forum.

AGAIN, I never said there where no problems! As ALL games have these days because they have to be rushed out to get those sales up!

Do you want to see some more topics from the Cossacks2 forums JokerII? It will make great advertisement for Cossacks2 you know. :D

What I want is for you to grow up, but, I think that'll take to long for me to stay around and witness.

Seriously, say whatever you want, COSSACKS II is a great game and if IG will even come near it, it will be a great game aswell!

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 20:48
First of all, learn some manners, I never called you any names, please restrain yourself from doing so yourself and grow up.

I only said that your advertisement for Cossacks2 sux not you. LOL! :D

And you call it manners to invade this very centre/forum of Imperial Glory? This is not the OT you know. OT which stands for: OFF TOPICS. :rolleyes:

And my only reaction on Cossacks2 in this topic was 'I dont care for Cossacks2. Not anymore'. That's it. But you had to start a whole list of advertisement for Cossacks2, didnt you?

For advertising other pc games please go to the OFF TOPICS or GENERAL TOPICS. If not, then you should take some heavy criticism on your advertisement in here in this IMPERIAL GLORY forum. :cool:

Joker II
4th May 2005, 21:46
I only said that your advertisement for Cossacks2 sux not you. LOL! :D

It was ment as a personal insult, and you know it :rolleyes:

And you call it manners to invade this very centre/forum of Imperial Glory? This is not the OT you know. OT which stands for: OFF TOPICS. :rolleyes:

As you probably will notice, I did NOT start this tread, or is it only allowed to go of topic here when your bashing another game :rolleyes:

If you are so eager to hold on towards the rules of these boards, then why did you participate in this tread, again, probably because you saw another opportunity for a quick bash on a game you utterly dislike :rolleyes:

And my only reaction on Cossacks2 in this topic was 'I dont care for Cossacks2. Not anymore'. That's it. But you had to start a whole list of advertisement for Cossacks2, didnt you?

I'm actually starting to wonder why I'm wasting my time, but again, as said before, the reason for my posting was because of the constant bashing of Cossacks 2 on this forum!!!!!!!

And don't play the innocent, I visit this forum quiet regularly and have seen other treads with Cossacks 2 mentioned in them in wich YOU in THIS forum participate on bashing it aswell.

For advertising other pc games please go to the OFF TOPICS or GENERAL TOPICS. If not, then you should take some heavy criticism on your advertisement in here in this IMPERIAL GLORY forum. :cool:

Before you lecture someone else on house board rules, see that you live up to them yourself first :rolleyes:

Cracker Mouth
4th May 2005, 22:00
Quit being such an arrogant ass. You went on this thread just so you could express your feelings about it, and he did, too.

Joker II
4th May 2005, 22:18
Quit being such an arrogant ass. You went on this thread just so you could express your feelings about it, and he did, too.

Seems you're being the arrogant ass. I replied because I was sick and tired of seeing treads on this site bashing another game :rolleyes:

What is arrogant about that :rolleyes:

Cracker Mouth
4th May 2005, 22:29
Because you constantly roll your eyes and act as if you are superior to him, and me.

Joker II
4th May 2005, 22:37
That's why you think I'm being arrogant :D You really are a funny person.

If that's how you see this, then there's nothing I can do about it, except not using the roll eye smilly anymore ;)

Just for the record, I'm certainly not arrogant, just felt that this bashing has to be stopped, that's it.

Wish you all the best of fun with IG ;)

Cracker Mouth
4th May 2005, 22:43
Because you constantly roll your eyes and act as if you are superior to him, and me.

Reading comprehension?

BANANAMAN
4th May 2005, 23:19
@JokerII

I was bashing Cossacks2 some weeks ago and after that I forgot all about that piece of trash, until today. Today I told in this topic that I dont care for Cossacks2, not anymore. That's all to it, the end.

Until you came around and put an advertisement list full of play features of Cossacks2 and I put an anti-advertisement list full of complaint features of Cossacks2. So, now you accuse me of bashing Cossacks2: you bet ya I am.

And now you are taking things personaly, if so then you are indeed arrogant. An arrogant hardcore Cossacks2 fan that is.

And if you put any of your Cossacks2 advertisement I will certainly bash it again and again, until you either talk about Imperial Glory or you keep yourself at the background. This is no Cossacks2 or Off Topics forum, this is the IMPERIAL GLORY forum. Which of the words did you not understand?

jaywalker2309
4th May 2005, 23:41
Guys guys guys.. calm down a bit yeh :)

Everyone is entitled to own opinion.. Theres nothing wrong with healthy competition, altho i think personally they may share a time in history they dont share game mechanics etc.. So there is room for both games.

(type name here)
4th May 2005, 23:47
Not in this forum

BANANAMAN
5th May 2005, 00:00
In this forum I talk about Imperial Glory and things which are connected with Imperial Glory, and believe me Cossacks2 has nothing to do with Imperial Glory because the whole gameplay, the whole campaign for Europe, the whole graphics, the whole software, the whole company is totaly different between these two.

BANANAMAN
5th May 2005, 00:07
And the only thread by me that's not Imperial Glory related is about the developers of the TotalWar series CreativeAssembly where I was talking about their very slow pace of going towards making a Napoleonic pc game.

But even then: a Napoleonic TotalWar would be more closely related to Imperial Glory then that Cossacks2 thing.

Joker II
5th May 2005, 08:55
@JokerII

I was bashing Cossacks2 some weeks ago and after that I forgot all about that piece of trash, until today. Today I told in this topic that I dont care for Cossacks2, not anymore. That's all to it, the end.

LOL, like I said, it'll take a loooong time for you to grow up :D

Until you came around and put an advertisement list full of play features of Cossacks2 and I put an anti-advertisement list full of complaint features of Cossacks2. So, now you accuse me of bashing Cossacks2: you bet ya I am.

I'll say it again, Ive allways been around here, because, on the contrary to you, I don't feel the need to bash other games and behave like an IG FANBOY.

And now you are taking things personaly, if so then you are indeed arrogant. An arrogant hardcore Cossacks2 fan that is.

If you accuse me of being a 'sucker' in advertising, then yes, I do take it personally!
It is you who are defending IG as if your life depends upon it, it is you who's trashing a competitive game and it is you who's acting like a FANBOY!
I'll say it again, the only reason I reacted the way I did, is because this bashing of another game is just pittyfull and should be stopped, but, you don't even take the time to read before you react!

And if you put any of your Cossacks2 advertisement I will certainly bash it again and again, until you either talk about Imperial Glory or you keep yourself at the background. This is no Cossacks2 or Off Topics forum, this is the IMPERIAL GLORY forum.

AND, if you feel the need to bash Cossacks 2 again, then I'LL CERTAINLY bash you again and again, untill you've grown up abit and understand that doing such things is acting really childish!!!!!

I KNOW this is not a Cossacks 2 forum, I do believe that's something your co-posters and you did'nt see when posting it in here!!!!

Which of the words did you not understand?

Seems the one who's being arrogant is you, my young friend ;)

Originally Posted by Cracker Mouth

Reading comprehension?

If because of some posts that I have made, make you feel as if I'm being superior, either you have a low esteem of yourself or your reading things that are simply not there.

I do hope and believe it's the second point ;)

Mike_B
5th May 2005, 10:27
Knock it off guys it doesn't lead anywhere..

It is to be expected that when you post about another game in a particular game forum you'll have people defending the title. It's only logic, people that hang out in that forum are generally interested in that title. That however doesn't justify bashing but that works both ways.

Joker II
5th May 2005, 11:11
Hi @m,

As said before, I understand each has it's own taste and preferences and while I agree that CII isn't perfect, it's a fun game.

What I don't understand is people trashing a game, wich by the way, they didn't even play and do this in a forum wich isn't even related to that game.

There's a big difference between, expressing your opinion of a game in a serious manner and trashing it when you even haven't played it.

So, for the sake of this forum, let's just AGREE to DISAGREE ok :)

Anyway, I could go on and on about it, but, out of respect for Eidos and the moderators here, I'm willing to lett this go.

REally hope that Imperial Glory will become a GREAT game and if so, I'll surely buy it ;)

As far as I'm concerned, discussion closed!

BANANAMAN
5th May 2005, 12:38
@JokerII.

Speaking about immature and fanboys, just go and take good look in the mirror. And if you dont have any mirror then use that Cossacks2 CD as a mirror because otherwise you'll have to throw it away in the trash-can which is a real shame of your money isnt it?

BANANAMAN
5th May 2005, 12:39
@JokerII.

Grow up yourself. :D

Mike_B
5th May 2005, 12:51
What I don't understand is people trashing a game, wich by the way, they didn't even play and do this in a forum wich isn't even related to that game.

There's a big difference between, expressing your opinion of a game in a serious manner and trashing it when you even haven't played it.

I should have been more clearly in my post but I agree with the above. It is indeed not encouraged to slam another game just as it's not encouraged to slam IG.

BANANAMAN,

JokerII decided to let it rest so maybe you can do that too, if you're not interested in the game then just ignore it, it's what I do when I'm not interested in a title.

BANANAMAN
5th May 2005, 15:18
Everytime JokerII says that but comes back for some more. But, okey if he stops I stop, it's just as simple as that. :cool:

fat_man
8th May 2005, 04:19
I DONT CARE PLAY JOKER PLAY COSSACKS 2 UNTIL YOUR EYES BLEED DUE TO THE HORRIBLENESS OF THAT C*AP-TASTIC GAME BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IG NOT S*IT ON A STIC....I MEAN COSSACKS 2.WHAT DO YOU CARE IF WE BASH YOUR GAME OR NOT? :mad:

YOU MUST HAVE A LOT OF TIME ON YOUR HANDS TO GO TO THIS FORUM AND TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD YOUR GAME IS, WHEN MOST OF US THINK IT SHOULD BE USE FOR TARGET PRACTISE. :p

got that out of my system LOL :)

mob
8th May 2005, 07:49
screw that, i'll start my own company :cool:

ahhahahaa

cool can i work for you i need a job ehhehehe

Mike_B
8th May 2005, 09:01
got that out of my system LOL :)

Yeah well next time try to keep it in, there's no need to resurrect this disussion.

Sir Crow
9th May 2005, 16:09
Having bought Cossacks II myself I feel there are a few problems with it and stated so on their forum. There are some nice touches though but for me a Napoleonic game MUST include Naval combat. I am looking forward to Imperial Glory but have heard a lot of negative comments on the CDV forum as well as others for example the lack of a morale system but as I like the Naval side I will still buy it, time will tell if it's better than Cossacks II but for me the game would have to be really awful for it to be so.

NaPoLeOn_FusilieR
13th May 2005, 19:04
Gamespy says Cossacks2 met its Waterloo as Napoleon. :D

But hey, who cares about Cossacks2. I dont. Not anymore. :p

LOL yeah, Imperial Glory has everything :p Much more than Cossacks 2 Napoleonic Wars.