PDA

View Full Version : I love the democrazy, I love the republic!

Anakin Skywalker
3rd May 2005, 16:20
In the new (p)review there was said something about the different types of govern your country. But there was only said, that the sympathy between counries with the same system will increase. What about the inner effects on the country itself? For example an absolute ruler or dictator should have a higher income by taxes and less expense for welfere than a constituotonal ruler of a republic. And on the other hand a dictator would suffer more riots than a republican!
I hope the system of government will affect many points of the game, so you have to make a wise decision! :)

Anakin Skywalker
4th May 2005, 12:49
STAR WARS!!!! STAR WARS!!!!! STAR WARS!!!!! On the 19th of may!!!!!!

sick
4th May 2005, 12:58
I hope the system of government will affect many points of the game, so you have to make a wise decision! :)

In the long run you will notice significant differences.

BlackCoat
7th May 2005, 13:27
In the long run you will notice significant differences.

Such as?
Feel free to elaborate ;)

Sieur_Drewry
11th May 2005, 05:30
Well it all depends. Republics tend to open the views of the people more, so you hear about more opposition. Especially during this period in time the concept of democracy was fairly new. The uneducated masses (farmers, stable boys, etc). Would look at these elected men representing *them* as probable nobility or close to it. These bureaucracies (nobility), would be very influential on the country as a whole. So you would have a lot of rebellions in miniscule villages (remember napoleon got fame from putting down riots and rebellions using artillery methods.) So every nation will have its flaws as the masses become unruly. But a dicatorship would give the user full power to administure a proper technique of putting down rebellions instutiting total control over the nation. If you - like napoleon - are able to put down these rebellions you can obtain total power and total control. So its really up to the user which government would work best, but this is my outlook on it.

(type name here)
11th May 2005, 13:34
Dictatorship forever!