PDA

View Full Version : Game's videos at beginning - so slow

Crusty2005
2nd May 2005, 11:20
Seems like I have a similar problem to some others. Lego Star Wars runs past the copy protection, but then the video with the logos on and the nvidea play the game message are so slow and when eventually they finish, the menu is unusable as it takes numerous key presses to get it to do anything.

I have an XP2000, ATI 9600XT with 256mb ram, 512mb DDR, onboard 5.1 sound, dx 9.0c and running catalyst 5.4. Any suggestions?

jaywalker2309
2nd May 2005, 11:22
Seems like I have a similar problem to some others. Lego Star Wars runs past the copy protection, but then the video with the logos on and the nvidea play the game message are so slow and when eventually they finish, the menu is unusable as it takes numerous key presses to get it to do anything.

I have an XP2000, ATI 9600XT with 256mb ram, 512mb DDR, onboard 5.1 sound, dx 9.0c and running catalyst 5.4. Any suggestions?

Very strange, we had no issues with the video playback at all. Are you trying the game after a clean boot?

Crusty2005
2nd May 2005, 11:26
Yes, installed now about 4 times, with virus & firewall turned off etc. Uninstalled all codecs, just in case.

QuickDraw2005
3rd May 2005, 12:45
Check your on-board audio drivers. Get the latest. Built in audio usually is not hardware accelerated, or acceleration is very limited, and can use a lot of CPU cycles. Try lowering the number of playback channels (sample rate at "good" instead of "best"). If using surround sound, try 2 speaker stereo.

Stoo2005
25th May 2005, 20:22
I had exactly the same problem with the game - it was only running at 1 or 2 frames per second despite me having an athlon 3200+, 1gb ddr ram and a geforce 6800gt card. I had tried everything and was just about to go get a refund when I tried it without my joypad plugged in - now it worked! The joypad is a thrustmaster dual storm, I see in another thread that its thought not to work with this game. However I took my gamepad to a friends house and it worked perfectly with this game. Perhaps I have the wrong driver installed for it (although it works fine in other games). The game is still not perfect on my machine tho - some of the textures 'twitch' and it takes ages to leave the controls menu. Occasionally the transition from one scene to another doesn't work properly. I will continue trying to tweak the settings on my machine to solve these. I think its pretty incredible how difficult to run this game actually is. I hope the developers are working on a patch to improve these matters.

Stu