PDA

View Full Version : Customize Web Tool

SlatheDoomer
1st May 2005, 17:39
Hey this is my first post.

I have an idea which i think would be cool, yes i acknowledge the suggestion thread, but theres too many posts for my suggestion to be even looked at. Besides, my suggestion doesn't really pertain to the game. However, I think it'd be cool if Eidos made a web-based tool that allowed you to make a customized character online so you can see all of the gear and stuff in the game, and just update it as new material was created.

Just a thought.

--SlatheDoomer

Clumsyorchid
1st May 2005, 17:51
Suggestion thread is a better place for this. Still, the point of having a web based app that basically does what the game does is sort of strange. What are the advantages to having it on the web. Also note, that anything done on the web app would have to be done again within the game, the characters will not be saved server side, so there's really no point in having a preview online. My 2cents.

SlatheDoomer
1st May 2005, 21:22
That's true, however it could be used to build hype as well as something to tide the community over from all of these release date push backs.

blackcourage
1st May 2005, 22:42
i think this would be good if we could see the all the clothing and create a person

and see him to BUILD HYPE *NOTE* to be more gangster have different bandana posititon

back left pocket, back right pocket, folded to the front Etc. . .

Clumsyorchid
2nd May 2005, 00:59
That's true, however it could be used to build hype as well as something to tide the community over from all of these release date push backs.

Since there hasn't been an officially announced date yet, there hasn't really been any "push backs."

intrepid_soul
4th May 2005, 16:46
The idea of a online version of the character creation would go better with a Gangster Sim or a Cop Sim, since this is not a gangster/cop sim the idea doesn't quite fit.

According to the last interview I read they are supposed to be rewarding the users for playing the single player campaign, so only the top players will be able to dress in the best threads. Giving that away on a free website would really defeat the purpose of unlocking it. Just my opinion.

Shugart BHD
5th May 2005, 05:19
I agree with intrepid; showing the unlocked stuff online will defeat the purpose of unlocking it and it ruins the surprise of seeing it in game.

I do think that you guys need to keep coming out with a steady stream of trailers, screenshots, interactive online things, SOMETHING to keep the hype up.

blackcourage
5th May 2005, 12:13
that works also, more srceens and trailers