PDA

View Full Version : Stuck bouncing between screens on Retake Theed

leo_zelig
1st May 2005, 02:32
When I get to the bottom of the center of the three staircases (the ones on the right and left had bots), and go through the doorway to the right, I can see the next room momentarily and then it transitions me back to the bottom of the stairs.

If I go back to the right, the same thing always happens! AARGH!!

I'm really having fun with the game, but either I'm missing something or something's screwy here.

Can anybody help?

TIA

Zelig

leo_zelig
1st May 2005, 03:04
Not sure how this happened, but my resolutiond changed from 1024x768 without me noticing immediately. I changed it back to 1024x768 and it works fine now. Hope this helps someone else.

Zelig

PaulVinten
12th May 2005, 15:23
I'm also having this bouncing problem... it's the bit where you go out the great dining haul bit, down the little corridor and kill the droidika thing. you then blow up the statue and press the button directly in front of you, go down a little passage and take a door to the right. As soon as I'm through, whichever character is on the right nudges the whole group, nudging the guy who is closest to the door back through again :( Anyone got any thoughts about this? and I kinda fail to see how screen resolution would adjust this... (I have changed it to all the available ones and it's still the same)

cupanther
25th May 2005, 02:07
I'm having the same problem. I've tried to switch characters, use two players, mash buttons. Nothing helps. I walk into the archway, and see the next area, but get warped back through.

Is there a fix to this, or does this only happen to certain people?

jnathus
26th Dec 2006, 21:00
Ok, last post in this issue was a year and a half ago? Is there any kind of a fix?

I was given the game for X-Mas (started with the second game because of the demo). I found the patch, and that didn't do anything to fix the situation.

Anybody conquer this bouncing between screens issue?

Raesh
13th Jan 2007, 22:15
Ok, last post in this issue was a year and a half ago? Is there any kind of a fix?

I was given the game for X-Mas (started with the second game because of the demo). I found the patch, and that didn't do anything to fix the situation.

Anybody conquer this bouncing between screens issue?

I just installed this game this week, and also encountered the issue. The patch did a couple of things - Strangely enough it removed the music from the level (there was music before, but not after I patched the game) - but didn't seem to help with the zoning mechanics.

What I found worked for me is to switch to Qui-gon Jinn (who appears to be the one that's getting shoved back into the other room, causing the bouncing) and then use the light saber to smack my lego collegues into little lego pieces for knocking be back into the room. I would start hitting them in the room with the stairs (usually whaling on the guy with the red hat) and go through the door, constantly swinging. Eventually, you'll cause the one that pushes you back through the door to break up, and that allows you to get through the door and far enough away that you don't get pulled back into the room with the stairs again. This is not the ideal solution, but it did provide stress relief, (the guy with the red hat has a nasty habit of shooting me when he's supposed to be helping) and eventually got me into the next room.

I hope that helps you out.

Roddy
22nd Oct 2007, 00:20
Thanks Raesh,

My 10 year old will try your suggestion.

However I have found at least three other threads that relate to this problem:

1. Can't finish Episode I, Chapter 5!

2. bug in retake theed palace

3. this thread.

Yours is the first offered solution!

Cheers, Roddy, NZ

jon-sa corea
13th Jan 2008, 11:53
This worked for me:

When I got to the bottom of the center of the three staircases and went through the doorway to the right, I immediately tagged one of my friends who was already in the room ahead of me. That kept us all there and kept us from bouncing back to the other room.