PDA

View Full Version : eidos (being sold out)

mob
30th Apr 2005, 22:26
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/22/news_6122793.html

we as customers deserve to be told this
what about patches etc...

you usally let us talk but its time you told us a few things
please look at CA they said nothing for the last 2 months and have lost 1000s of sales
an honest company does better then dishonest

quantic
30th Apr 2005, 22:48
Urr....wtf are you on about. Eidos are being taken over by SCI; a well respected games publisher. The Eidos games in development are all to be completed and I'm sure the games in the pipeline will be too. There is just going to be a total management take over and hopefully the finances will be improved.

Imperial Glory is safe; a lot safer than if Elevation had got hold of the company too!

mob
30th Apr 2005, 23:05
thanks for the reasurence im simply worried we wont see a patch or an expanansion with 3v3 and america

Mike_B
1st May 2005, 08:52
They're not taken over yet & who says they are allowed to talk about it?

BANANAMAN
1st May 2005, 09:01
Take it easy mob. I wouldnt worry if I were you too much about the future of Pyrostudios, because those guys produce high quality fun games on pc & console. And a take over of publisher Eidos by company A or company B or company C, etc. doesnt realy matter that much well does it?

mob
1st May 2005, 09:59
yay it does

alot of companys thats publishers have been takin over have been forced into the consol market

BANANAMAN
1st May 2005, 11:42
Oh.

I hope Pyrostudios will keep on making pc games regardless which publisher they have.

mob
1st May 2005, 12:14
i have reason to believe that the ig lobby will be very similier to rtws one as i got access to it via gamespy
it seems to be under construction as the entry box is simply green but this is a good sign

jaywalker2309
1st May 2005, 12:29
i have reason to believe that the ig lobby will be very similier to rtws one as i got access to it via gamespy
it seems to be under construction as the entry box is simply green but this is a good sign

Hey there mob,

Dont worry about the sale of Eidos to SCI (let us worry about that internally for our jobs sake hehe) - Yes it is hard for us to discuss it as there is certainly going to be redundancies etc, and obviously no one wants to lose their job.

SCI have openly discussed its position on what it wants to do with Eidos' product line up.

IG has gone to manufacture so will make its release date of Week ending May 20th.

mob
1st May 2005, 13:01
im just hoping this game isnt release fullstop i hope it brings more out but the publishers have a say in how much time they have and i hope they have alot of time because rushed jobs are crap

jaywalker2309
1st May 2005, 13:02
im just hoping this game isnt release fullstop i hope it brings more out but the publishers have a say in how much time they have and i hope they have alot of time because rushed jobs are crap

Erm from what you just wrote there you are saying you dont want IG released at all..

mob
1st May 2005, 13:21
no i didnt i said i want it out but i want a patch and expansion

jaywalker2309
1st May 2005, 13:26
no i didnt i said i want it out but i want a patch and expansion

Quote "im just hoping this game isnt release fullstop" to me that says never released :)

i understand what you were trying to say now tho :)

mob
1st May 2005, 13:49
oops amazing how the word "just" can change a sentence upside down

jaywalker2309
1st May 2005, 13:58
oops amazing how the word "just" can change a sentence upside down

It was actually the use of the word fullstop.. that means `at all` in this context. What you meant to say is "im just hoping this game isnt released then left/forgotten"

jeffdan9
1st May 2005, 15:06
But i think after CA is bought by sega they have no good games because of big corportations money making. Also with eidos, but I think the effect will be only minimal like some bad project in 10 years probalby will be scrapped. I don't think IG2 will be scrapped or IG expansion pack.

Mike_B
1st May 2005, 15:53
I don't think IG2 will be scrapped or IG expansion pack.

For it to be scrapped it must first be planned :cool:

Zeus Commander
1st May 2005, 16:04
IG expansion will only be made if IG1 sales are good which we all can help with [SEND EMAILS TO HEAVENGAMES ;) ]

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 17:52
LOL.
Ridiculous!!!!

Eidos was in the middle of a BIDDING war!!!
BIDDING!!! Not selling!
Bono's (yes- that -U2's- Bono) company Elevation made a significant offer that was completely trumped by SCi. Something like $145 Million dollars!!!

Eidos isn't being 'sold'! It's being courted by bidders like the last hot chick at closing time! It's HIGHLY attractive. It's "Championship Manager" rights alone are worth a frikkin' fortune! Isn't it one of the most highly regarded franchises in the world?

Even so, any company that needs to coddle their customers (let alone those who don't plan on buying IG, or anything else from Eidos) everytime someone farts in the office!

"There-there!!! It wasn't a fire alarm, and the building isn't burning down! We just passed wind! Don't worry, Imperial Glory will still be avalible for you NOT to buy this month!"

mob
1st May 2005, 18:08
LOL.
Ridiculous!!!!

BIDDING!!! Not selling!
Bono's (yes- that -U2's- Bono) company Elevation made a significant offer that was completely trumped by SCi. Something like $145 Million dollars!!!

Eidos isn't being 'sold'! It's being courted by bidders like the last hot chick at closing time! It's HIGHLY attractive. It's "Championship Manager" rights alone are worth a frikkin' fortune! Isn't it one of the most highly regarded franchises in the world?

Even so, any company that needs to coddle their customers (let alone those who don't plan on buying IG, or anything else from Eidos) everytime someone farts in the office!

"There-there!!! It wasn't a fire alarm, and the building isn't burning down! We just passed wind! Don't worry, Imperial Glory will still be avalible for you NOT to buy this month!"
who are you talking to you wierdo

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 18:13
Talking to? How about not YOU, for starters. ;)

Then again, I doubt that stops someone as charming as you!

PS- Just a little 'snippet' would have been sufficient. Cut a section to quote next time. Does Mommy let you have scissors, sweetie?

jaywalker2309
1st May 2005, 18:22
LOL.
Ridiculous!!!!

BIDDING!!! Not selling!

I read this post, then read it again, then again a few seconds ago, it still makes no sense what you are actually trying to say :)

We are most definitely being SOLD, or BOUGHT depending on which side of the employment fence you sit (to me i am being bought). Unless someone comes in with a last minute bid it WILL go to SCI.

Its not Bono's company, he is just a partner in the company, and it would have been the companies resident games expert handling the bidding (ie John `ex EA` Riccitiello).

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 18:46
Very well, I'll grant you your point. But if so, then what 'side of the fence' are you on if Eidos "sold out"?

No offence, but I'm a stickler for semantics. And what is said, is sometimes less important than how it' is.

Allow me to illaberate my position more carefully. To my mind, mearly having something that is for sale, does not mean you've "sold out". Completely different meanings.

And for heavens sake, will my entire statement be quoted back to me in it's complete entirety every time it's to be refered to!

The details of who is doing what for whom really isn't relevant. The simple point of the matter is: Is the company of which you are currently employed under a HOSTILE corporate takeover, a forced selling of company assets or is this a voluntary merger?

mob
1st May 2005, 19:00
i didnt read it but very impressive

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 19:57
On closer inspection my original post WAS a bit of a 'non sequitur' in regards to the conversation held between Mob and jaycw2309. My bad, and personal apology to any and all offended.

With that said, Mob- I have ZERO interest in maintaining a flamewar or feud with you. I'm willing to let this go, if you are.

If you're a fan of Imperial Glory, then you're ok in my books! But if your not fan of Imperial Glory, then either I'm in the wrong forum or you are.

mob
1st May 2005, 20:25
you're like me
a basterd when i dont know you but cool when i do ;)