PDA

View Full Version : 'Tomb Raider Legend' trailer ONLINE!!!!

MissLara2U
29th Apr 2005, 15:16
http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/peep_show/index.jhtml

OMG! CAN'T BREATHE!!!

M.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

Notts Raider
29th Apr 2005, 15:39
OMG it wont play and I have WMP 10 and the plugin :eek:

MissLara2U
29th Apr 2005, 15:46
Click HERE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies.html)

Note, this may be only temporary. I'm speaking to Eidos atm.

M.

Mike_B
29th Apr 2005, 15:49
Don't know in which browser you tried it but give it a try in IE. It didn't work here in Opera.

Notts Raider
29th Apr 2005, 15:52
I just downloaded it from TRC, OMG looks fraking awsome

Tipsko
29th Apr 2005, 15:55
OMFG

that was AWESOME!!!

the jumps, the environments, the action...even a motor...
This game just can't fail!

MissLara2U
29th Apr 2005, 15:58
Can anyone provide a mirror? This is a CLEAN copy of the trailer.

My server just spat out 6GB in 10 minutes. :(

M.

Tipsko
29th Apr 2005, 16:01
I'm sorry to hear that, M :(

if I had the space and my provider gave me some more bandwith I could have hosted it

enoch
29th Apr 2005, 16:16
Hmm... Some very short clips. Difficult to say if it's any good. :confused:

Notts Raider
29th Apr 2005, 16:22
There were plenty of ingame shots, it looks very smooth and sleek

Tipsko
29th Apr 2005, 16:26
I only disliked the point where she is surrounded by enemies where her aiming goes a bit crappy, almost AOD style... :S

Notts Raider
29th Apr 2005, 16:33
I only disliked the point where she is surrounded by enemies where her aiming goes a bit crappy, almost AOD style... :S

That was one of the main problems of AOD, I doubt it will be repeated, it was most likely a change target button like it used to be

Tipsko
29th Apr 2005, 16:42
I doubt that too, it just looked a bit 'buggy' ;)

midroth
29th Apr 2005, 16:48
To all Non-IE users, try this: http://www.larasgeneration.de/Videos/legendtrailer_1.zip

St.Natla
29th Apr 2005, 16:48
you can take it from our site also:

Moderator Edit.
Links removed until copyright complaint resolved!!

Johnny
29th Apr 2005, 16:52
:eek: OMG!!! The game looks AMAZING!! I want it, I want it now! :D

enoch
29th Apr 2005, 17:17
Funny. In that interview in (I think) PSM2, Toby Guard said that they should be careful about placing Lara in city environments. In the trailer she doesn't look to careful when jumping around in Kuala Lumpur :D

Anyway I am not complaining - on the contrary, I am looking forward to explore the capital of Malaysia!

Another thing, it looks like a totally new storyline - anyone to disagree with me on that?

midroth
29th Apr 2005, 17:24
Looks very, very good... Congrats Toby, CD.
Hope the game is HUGE, long, good to play, too.

GeorgeMaciver
29th Apr 2005, 17:33
Happy!!

:D

uzigirl
29th Apr 2005, 17:45
Were those her pistols back or am I seeing things? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link. :cool:

yesrushdt
29th Apr 2005, 18:02
If you look at the description on the MTV Games site, it mentions that an enemy returns from Lara's past that was thought to be dead and buried. Someone from TR1 perhaps (Ms. Natla)?

Amazing looking trailer! The level of detail in the graphics is stunning and Lara has never moved more smoothly. Great to see a return to the larger environments. It is definitley going to be a long wait for this one.

LARAMANIAC
29th Apr 2005, 18:06
WOWZERS!!!! :eek: Looks to me like they are giving us what we asked for - LARA IS BACK!!!!! :D Beautiful, very sleek!!! ;)

imported_Mark_
29th Apr 2005, 18:42
New mirror here:

http://tr7.tombraiderfans.com/movies/tr7_trailer_01.zip

BlueSkiesXXV
29th Apr 2005, 20:34
Thanks so much for the download link MissLara2U.

It looks truly wonderful!
Twin Pistols, motorbikes, rockect launchers, mounted machine guns, traps, temples, cities...and, and, and...WOW!!!!!
It looks like TR: Legend is going to be great!!!

Welcome back Lara!!!

LaraAngelOfDarkness
29th Apr 2005, 20:46
If you look at the description on the MTV Games site, it mentions that an enemy returns from Lara's past that was thought to be dead and buried. Someone from TR1 perhaps (Ms. Natla)?

I noticed that too, I hope its her! ^_^

John Carter
29th Apr 2005, 20:52
Oh. My. Goodness.

:)

Hot damn, back in business, she is!

dhama
29th Apr 2005, 21:34
I'm still not impressed, maybe it's just me but it still looks dated, I think AOD looked prettier (just the controls that sucked). I think i'll reserve judgement though till I play it. ;)

Trinity34
30th Apr 2005, 00:34

Amazing looking trailer! The level of detail in the graphics is stunning and Lara has never moved more smoothly. Great to see a return to the larger environments. It is definitley going to be a long wait for this one.

I am trying to remember if Natla was buried at the end of TR1... did the Atlanteans bury her? I forget... :o

Trinity34
30th Apr 2005, 00:40
Can anyone provide a mirror? This is a CLEAN copy of the trailer.

My server just spat out 6GB in 10 minutes. :(

M.

When I downloaded it was up to 20Gb... well one good thing is at least its the end of the month, doesn't the bandwidth quota reset every month? :)

DKSM
30th Apr 2005, 00:59
I am trying to remember if Natla was buried at the end of TR1... did the Atlanteans bury her? I forget... :o

Well didn't the whole thing she was in get destroyed? It being demolished could be the equivalent of 'buried'.

Johnny
30th Apr 2005, 03:46
I'm still not impressed, maybe it's just me but it still looks dated, I think AOD looked prettier (just the controls that sucked). I think i'll reserve judgement though till I play it. ;)

I thought the same thing at first, but now that I've seen more screenshots of TR: Legend, I definitely see it's more detailed and prettier than AOD. :)

GoranAgar
30th Apr 2005, 09:54
It is a tiny compressed movie file. So talking about the quality of the graphics is quite a waste of time. I think the 3D screens showed a much nicer graphic and nothing to complain about.

We seem to get back a lot of real Tomb Raider stuff in this game. :)

But what is up with the red cross target thingy? Helping hand got replaced by a red cross?

Trinity34
30th Apr 2005, 14:43
There is one part of the trailer where you can see writing in the top left hand corner. Makes me think part of the tomb is a training section or maybe another tomb is the training section????

LARAMANIAC
30th Apr 2005, 15:38
But what is up with the red cross target thingy? Helping hand got replaced by a red cross?

That was my thought too - gawd I hope we're wrong!!! :(

DKSM
30th Apr 2005, 18:56
On top of the red target there are also arrows on the left or right of the screen when there is a target in the area she is in. It may help if you're disoriented, but I much prefer figuring that out myself.

jayel
30th Apr 2005, 21:21
OMG! I take a couple of days off to work and gifts rain from the heavens. Thanks for the sharing, it was a magnificent minute (and two seconds).

I am so looking forward to this game!

MissLara2U
1st May 2005, 00:28
Greetings fine forum folk.

A glorious HQ version of the 'Tomb Raider Legend' trailer – with digitally enhanced surround sound – is now available from our web site. Resolution is 640x480 and the clip weighs in at 14Mb:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies.html

HDTV version coming soon. (once demand slackens off, we’re getting hammered atm. :( )

Enjoy!

M.

P.S In the immortal words of McD, "I'm lovin' it!!"

Rose662
1st May 2005, 02:37
WOW!!!

I want it! When is it supposed to come out in the USA? (Sorry if this has been answered before.)

Is there going to be an online demo?

MissLara2U
1st May 2005, 03:03
Hi Rose662.

Nothing confirmed on a release date, some suggest end of 2005. I would expect a demo, esecially after what happened with AOD.

M.

Nybis
1st May 2005, 08:04
Looks very promising. :) I like what I see so far.
It even got my husbaand interested. And he never really liked any of the other TR games. :D

MissLara2U
1st May 2005, 09:26
Someone from our forum has said that the 'Legend' trailer will be on the cover DVD of next month's PSM2 mag.

M.

Trinity34
1st May 2005, 12:31
Is that the UK mag?

Deckard
1st May 2005, 12:33
Thanks a LOT ML2Ufor the HQ trailer! The trailer really shows a very promising game (me=happy²). Red cross target thingy: It looks like we will loose auto aiming. I don't complain about this - played MP and MP2 :cool: . I did see some funny chevrons/symbols at the sides of the screen ... I'm under the impression that they indicate "hot-spots" Lara is supposed to interact with :( . If so, I really hope this "help" can be switched on/off in gameplay :) . If it's used as replacement for the compass: welcome! :D

DaveJ
1st May 2005, 14:08
Looks familiar enough to keep fans happy whilst hopefully containing enough elsewhere to deter critics from saying "Same old same old".

My first thoughts were as dhama's....it looks a little dated.

Promising WIP though.

Acceber
1st May 2005, 14:29
I even managed to stay connected long enough to download the entire trailer which is definitely a good sign .... looking great! Lovely fluid movements from Lara... and perhaps the red arrow thing is related to a difficulty setting or something. It's so exciting not knowing! :D :eek:

Mangar The Dark
1st May 2005, 15:25
If the red cross is like the Hand Icon, that's fine with me. Actually, I never really understood why people hated the Hand Icon in AOD... it didn't hurt the gameplay at all. If anything, it just helped you recognize interactive spots, preventing a lot of annoying trial and error. In the earlier TR games, finding interactive spots was very simple because, well, they all looked the same. In AOD, though, there was a lot more variety, and sometimes it would have been hard to tell what was decoration and what was useable. And, if you were standing next to a useable item, but not lined up properly, you might never know it without the Hand Icon.

Acceber
3rd May 2005, 10:03
If the red cross is like the Hand Icon, that's fine with me. Actually, I never really understood why people hated the Hand Icon in AOD... it didn't hurt the gameplay at all. If anything, it just helped you recognize interactive spots, preventing a lot of annoying trial and error. In the earlier TR games, finding interactive spots was very simple because, well, they all looked the same. In AOD, though, there was a lot more variety, and sometimes it would have been hard to tell what was decoration and what was useable. And, if you were standing next to a useable item, but not lined up properly, you might never know it without the Hand Icon.

That's a good point. :) But I found that the hand icon zapped my brain energy. Whereas in the older games it was such fun to run around and try pulling and pushing at objects from all angles, figuring it out, with AoD it was a question of 'run in, run round, wait for hand signal to appear, progress'. Especially on lazy days. When presented with the option in-game I will take it, so I would prefer that before the game is loaded that little 'help/brain zapper' could be turned off. I don't like to feel too lazy. Besides, that's what walk-throughs are for. :D

jayel
3rd May 2005, 13:26
GameSpot has the trailer as a lead article this morning. They still say the game is due out this fall - wouldn't that be wonderful!

Tomb Raider Trailer at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/02/news_6123433.html)

Mangar The Dark
3rd May 2005, 15:12
GameSpot has the trailer as a lead article this morning. They still say the game is due out this fall - wouldn't that be wonderful!

Tomb Raider Trailer at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/02/news_6123433.html)

Well, if they follow the AOD interpretation of "this fall," that means it should be ready in time for the 2012 Olympics! I wonder if they'll do a promotional tie-in?

MissLara2U
3rd May 2005, 16:12
"Well, if they follow the AOD interpretation of "this fall," that means it should be ready in time for the 2012 Olympics! I wonder if they'll do a promotional tie-in?"

Hehe.

jayel
3rd May 2005, 19:32
*grin* Yes, AOD was a long, long, wait.

I have pre-ordered 'Legend' and on time or tardy will be okay. Actually I prefer CD takes its time, rather than send out a game that disappoints or requires numerous patches before it runs properly.

But once it ships, I will definitely be standing in the front yard waiting on FedEx.

bene1
3rd May 2005, 19:32
We all want it sooner than later but I do want a demo first.
Don't know if that will happen.
Surprised and pleased some of the old moves are back!
It's looking good! :D

MissLara2U
4th May 2005, 07:30
Greetings fine forum folk.

As promised, our HDTV 'Tomb Raider Legend' trailer is now online. This is full screen (648x480) and comes direct from the 1.5GB source. Both audio and visuals are stunning, and the footage does justice to the wonderful job Crystal Dynamics are doing with our leading lady.

I've replaced the original. Our HDTV 'Tomb Raider Legend' trailer can be downloaded from here:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies.html

Enjoy!

M.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

socom
4th May 2005, 22:52
All I can say is WOW! The new game looks fantastic, the moves, the environments, the weapons, and Lara, VaVoom! I think she might need some fries to go with that shake...geez!? Nice trailer.... :eek: :D :cool:

Very excited about the new game!

Thanks for the link MissLara2U...

storm shadow
10th May 2005, 21:07
Speechless... All of a sudden I got OLD SCHOOL feelings... like those with Tomb Raider Original. This game will roxx0rs :D