PDA

View Full Version : Official Tech Spec for Imperial Glory

jaywalker2309
28th Apr 2005, 14:14
System Requirements

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP (admin rights required)
(Windows® 95/98/ME/NT not supported)
CPU:
Pentium 3 1.0GHz (or AthlonXP equivalent)
RAM:
256MB System Memory
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9 compatible 64MB Direct3D Card (GeForce 3/Radeon 8500+)
SOUND:
100% DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
OPTICAL DRIVE:
8x speed CD-ROM drive (for CD versions)
-or-
DVD-ROM drive (for DVD versions)
HARD DRIVE:
2.5GB free disk space
INPUT DEVICES:
Keyboard and Mouse

Note: Laptops & Integrated graphic cards may function but are not supported.

Recommended Spec:

CPU:
Pentium IV 2.0GHz (or AthlonXP/64 equivalent)
RAM:
512MB System Memory
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support (GeForce 6 Series/Radeon X series)
OPTICAL DRIVE:
DVD-ROM drive
INTERNET:
LAN and Broadband Internet play supported.

ethanoah
28th Apr 2005, 21:24
my question is will a brand new computer with no added grafic or sound card work. If the demo starts, but the battle will not start is that a grafic card problem or something else?
thanks.

fat_man
29th Apr 2005, 22:02
well does the sceen go black or....just what happens exacly when you try to start a battle.
and do you play ROME TOTAL WAR because if your computer can handle that it can handle IG demo.
if you can play RTW then it is a demo thing

glad i could help

ethanoah
30th Apr 2005, 18:20
what happens is when i press start battle there is an error and a microsoft error comes up and says the program must end.
i do not have rome total war.
any way to fix that?
thanks.

fat_man
1st May 2005, 17:48
you might want to reinstall the demo and if it is still *****ed up then something is wrong with your computer

Razgriz 1
4th May 2005, 14:39
heh, I play every Total War game with ease. But not IG. I don't get it.

jaywalker2309
4th May 2005, 17:29
heh, I play every Total War game with ease. But not IG. I don't get it.

Completely different game, completely different specification requirements..

Hiddenmessege
6th May 2005, 08:57
My demo does the same, I can play rome fine. I have 749 mb ddr ram, 2.0 proc and a 64mb video card Direct X 9.0c compatible. Any reason why I cant play??

Picotrain
6th May 2005, 13:14
I have download the demo on two computers, one is a desktop 1.7Ghz, the other is my notebook 1.5Ghz, and the demo runs on both computers, but the two battles will not play on my notebook. When you try and run either battle on my notebook the game closes due to a Windows error, citing that the game must close. The main difference between the two systems is that the notebook has an integrated Intel graphics chipset, while the desktop has an actual video card, 64MB I do believe.

jaywalker2309
6th May 2005, 14:30
I have download the demo on two computers, one is a desktop 1.7Ghz, the other is my notebook 1.5Ghz, and the demo runs on both computers, but the two battles will not play on my notebook. When you try and run either battle on my notebook the game closes due to a Windows error, citing that the game must close. The main difference between the two systems is that the notebook has an integrated Intel graphics chipset, while the desktop has an actual video card, 64MB I do believe.

Unfortunately even the latest Intel Integrated chipsets lacks basic graphic card features.. They've recently added Pixel Shader support, however they seem to have removed TnL support which is a major requirement of the game.

Its affecting a LOT of games if you look at Intels website. Theres not much we can do when the hardware doesnt support the features we require (hence why the spec is written as such). We are currently talking to Intel about how to get around these limitations in their hardware.

raquinz
18th May 2005, 13:06
Does this game support geforce4 mx?
I had a problem with lego:star wars because my card cannot support pixel shader :( .I don't want to waste another 30 bucks on a game that i cannot play.

jaywalker2309
18th May 2005, 13:22
Does this game support geforce4 mx?
I had a problem with lego:star wars because my card cannot support pixel shader :( .I don't want to waste another 30 bucks on a game that i cannot play.

Have you tried the demo. The game `uses` pixel shader if it detects it, however it does run without. Its TnL required (hence why the intel chipset isn't supported, as altho it has a pixel shader it has no TnL)

Razgriz 1
18th May 2005, 14:56
Did Intel respond yet? I really wish to play the game when I get it, however it would be a shame if I couldn't due to my video card. :(

jaywalker2309
18th May 2005, 14:57
Did Intel respond yet? I really wish to play the game when I get it, however it would be a shame if I couldn't due to my video card. :(

Not heard anything yet :(

Razgriz 1
18th May 2005, 15:00
Aye, I'll be waiting then =)

Inara
19th May 2005, 02:21
so ya i just got it and everytime i try to play it an error message pops up saying "the application can't be initialized" :mad: any suggestions or anything?

Thecrisis5
19th May 2005, 02:24
If your talking about the demo, you need to reinstall it, i had this problem and a reinstall did the trick.

Inara
19th May 2005, 02:37
no its the actual game,i just went to gamestop and picked it up and got all excited and now i cant even play it *sigh*

*is now trying reinstall*

Thecrisis5
19th May 2005, 02:39
If you have an anti virus, it might of deleted key files in the sytem 32 folder :( sorry mate, i dont know how to fix that. :(

Inara
19th May 2005, 03:06
well so much for reinstalling it,this wouldnt have anything to do with the intel chipset would it?cus if so they're gonna get an email with a couple complaints

(type name here)
19th May 2005, 03:10
I think it's the intel chip sets.

Razgriz 1
19th May 2005, 15:01
Yes, this is what I believe too. I havent got the game yet, not there yet. But, the demo wont work for me. I am hoping that it would work for the full. I worked so hard to get the money I wish I hadn't waste it if I can't play it. :(

raquinz
20th May 2005, 09:20
Have you tried the demo. The game `uses` pixel shader if it detects it, however it does run without. Its TnL required (hence why the intel chipset isn't supported, as altho it has a pixel shader it has no TnL)

Already tried the demo and now rushing to Software Boutique to buy it!.Need to shop for RAM as well.Too bad my card cannot support pixel shader but i'm not a graphically-challenged person.As long as it is playable it`s damn fine for me.

nickyjj_2004
20th May 2005, 10:19
Athlon FX 55
MSI SLI PLATIUM
4GB MEMORY
2 256MB 6800GT GRAPHICS CARD
WINXP PRO SP2
CREATIVE AD ZS 2 SOUND CARD

William the Conqueror
20th May 2005, 18:05
I got the same message when i tried to run the program :"the application can't be initialized"

Can you confirm for certain that this is a graphics card issue? To be honest im no computer genius, I'm not that sure exactly what the deal is with my graphics card. It is INTEL. Its DirectX9 compatible, and graphics memory is 64mb, processor speed 2597MHZ.

is this enough?
I will have to return the game if this is the problem. Cos i have no way got enough money to buy a new card.

Why was the game built with such strict requirements. RTW works fine on my laptop. but not IG. Most disappointed!! Pyros will lose alot of gamers over this. We can't all afford fancy graphics cards.

Cheers

Will

Inara
20th May 2005, 18:42
im going with will on this one,40 bucks for a game or 400 for a new card

circardr
21st May 2005, 01:32
When I go to play the game it comes up error application cannot be initialized. I have RTW and that runs fine whats the problem with this?

[WIZ]Vanluck
21st May 2005, 06:07
....The minimum system requirements are as follows:

CPU:
--------------------------------------------------
....Recommended Spec:

CPU:

huuu??? i hope its a typo :-)

BTW: anyone know exactly all correct UDP and TCP Ports for MP?

jaywalker2309
21st May 2005, 10:40
....The minimum system requirements are as follows:

CPU:
--------------------------------------------------
....Recommended Spec:

CPU:

huuu??? i hope its a typo :-)

BTW: anyone know exactly all correct UDP and TCP Ports for MP?

It just needs port 6601 open.

Min is a 1gig p3, and recommended is a 2gig p4.. it not a typo..

irishtexan
21st May 2005, 19:33
i have the same error initialization message pop up too, and it really ticks me off. i bought a brand new computer in december and run all the tw series games fine and many others, and now when i try to run this game i cant. i was all stoked for this game and i spent the freakin money for it, and now i have to buy a new graphics card for a new computer? no thanks, ill just take this freakin game back and refrain from buying anything from eidos again. I am seeing that more and more people are having this problem, and it is only going to get worse as time progresses, the friggin' game just cam out. why would someone make a game that only certain people have the requirements to play it. man im pissed!!!!!!!!

William the Conqueror
22nd May 2005, 20:38
What i dont get is, that when i read the reviews for this game, it was all "this game is not just for serious gamers" its supposed to attract people who aren't into RTW. personally i play RTW and MTW before that and i dont even have fancy graphics cards.
So why would a company that is aiming for a wide range of gamers bring out a game for which 75% of the average gamers will not have the equipment to use.
And yes i've seen the voting about who has what graphics cards and stuff. But its not a true reflection on gamers stats. As most of the people bothering to use chat rooms like this will not be your average pc gamer.

Most dissatisfied. Will now have to wait for Lordz to bring out the real Napoleonic RTS game: NTW2

irishtexan
22nd May 2005, 22:44
ditto on that. i already took the game back, im just waiting for the lordz edition also. i cant beleive that someone would put a game out that most people cant even play.

munchie7777
22nd May 2005, 22:54
i am about to take this thing back. they better come up with a fix or a patch or at least and explantion pretty quick. i just hope the ps3 can play games like this so i can fling all these pc headaches into the river.

William the Conqueror
23rd May 2005, 09:41
Agreed. Thats one thing i like about my xbox. when a game comes out and it says "XBOX" on it. you know its gonna work. It does exactly what it says on the tin.
Unfortunatley, RTS and general strategy type games dont come out on consoles. perhaps one day...

indeed
23rd May 2005, 16:37
i brought the game and it says application not initilazied or sumfin, and im not prepared to buy a £400 graphics card just to play one game. the way theyve done this is awful, they were in too much of a rush to bring it out and forgot that normall gamers do not have fancy graphics card. ive been lookin forward to this game and now it doesnt work!! thnx alot Eidos!! now im goin to paintball cya :p

munchie7777
25th May 2005, 05:00
are any of you tech guys going to respond to this pobllem or not??

jaywalker2309
25th May 2005, 08:49
are any of you tech guys going to respond to this pobllem or not??

Pyro is investigating the issue to see if we can make a fix. It seems to be related to the lack of TnL and also lack of AGP texturing.

The chipset is underspecced for the game (TnL and AGP texturing have been staple features of graphics cards for many years now), so if we do get a `workaround` for this chipset theres a change it will be more taxing on the CPU to make up for the graphics cards shortfalls - altho in all honesty most CPUs are more then powerful enough to mean you probably wouldnt notice

Will keep you all updated.

indeed
27th May 2005, 16:35
have u got a reply yet from intel!!!!

jaywalker2309
27th May 2005, 17:29
have u got a reply yet from intel!!!!

Theres not a lot they can do as its their hardware which is lacking the features, they cannot give `software` upgrades to fix these :(

indeed
27th May 2005, 18:48
gutted now. ahh well gonna have to sell the game. chrz anyway :(

Coax74
27th May 2005, 19:01
Agreed. Thats one thing i like about my xbox. when a game comes out and it says "XBOX" on it. you know its gonna work. It does exactly what it says on the tin.
Unfortunatley, RTS and general strategy type games dont come out on consoles. perhaps one day...

Your XBOX is a pure gaming console. Comparing it to a PC is like apples and oranges.

I'm running a Pentium 4 1.6Ghz, 1 gig Ram, GeForce 64 meg vid card, and am doing fine. Last night was my first major problem (the game crashed) but I had been playing for over 7 hours. With my computer, I was expecting the crash to come much earlier! :)

Matt1987
27th May 2005, 20:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everytime i play Imperial Glory i meanged to get roughly 20-30 min playing time, then i get hit by the following error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error:

Program...gram Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Imperial Glory.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

This is very annoying and having RTW, which works fine with no problems at all, any help would be appreciated, im sure it is a problem with my comp though.

Specs:

Windows XP
Pentium 4
1.3ghz
384mb ram
Direct X9.0c
ATI Radeon 9000 pro agp

Broadside
27th May 2005, 21:55
I had that exact same error message once only when I played a quick battle on the English castle map. After it occured I dived back into the same scenario and it never repeated. Have now finished a campaign and it never showed up again - very odd. Only way to get out of it was a reboot. Hope you get it fixed.

jaywalker2309
27th May 2005, 22:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everytime i play Imperial Glory i meanged to get roughly 20-30 min playing time, then i get hit by the following error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error:

Program...gram Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Imperial Glory.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

This is very annoying and having RTW, which works fine with no problems at all, any help would be appreciated, im sure it is a problem with my comp though.

Specs:

Windows XP
Pentium 4
1.3ghz
384mb ram
Direct X9.0c
ATI Radeon 9000 pro agp

Make sure you are running latest drivers, for both Sound and Graphics.

One thing many people really underestimate is cooling on a modern PC. I'd been helping a guy for ages on a completely different product and we did everything but replace the pc itself, and then by sheer chance he mentioned about it working fine with the case off but had same issue when he put case back on. This guy was running other 3d games `fine` but that doesnt mean the system handles all games the same..

Older pc's that have been upgraded, and some big make pc's (not mentioning any names) have not had cooling thought about properly so overheating is a major issue.

parman
4th Jun 2005, 15:15
I had the same" error can't initialize".This was on the full game and after I had played the game for a couple of times and all of a sudden get this message when starting the game! I have a 2.4 Ghz and a FX 5700 with 256 meg. I reinstalled over the original and then the game ran without the message.Haven't tried it again to see if I still get the message .I did go into my video card and changed the vibrance of the colors since they where washed out looking in the game.That is when I started to get the message.

jaywalker2309
4th Jun 2005, 15:25
I had the same" error can't initialize".This was on the full game and after I had played the game for a couple of times and all of a sudden get this message when starting the game! I have a 2.4 Ghz and a FX 5700 with 256 meg. I reinstalled over the original and then the game ran without the message.Haven't tried it again to see if I still get the message .I did go into my video card and changed the vibrance of the colors since they where washed out looking in the game.That is when I started to get the message.

Interesting problem. The only time i've had can't initialise come up on `supported` hardware was when I had failed to start a multiplayer game via Gamespy and tried to run game immediately after before game had had chance to finishing unloading itself (ie trying to run twice)