PDA

View Full Version : How to make Teleport

YohnY
28th Apr 2005, 12:06
Hello there again, I want to some links or advices about making easy teleport - to move Garrett from one point to other point.... Than :confused: ks

John D.
28th Apr 2005, 12:23
Easy :cool:
1. Make a teleport trap and place it where you want to go.
2. Make a control device link from it to your starting point.
3. Make a button/switch/concrete room brush and control device link it to the teleport trap. :)

YohnY
28th Apr 2005, 16:12
Can you more explain it? Which attributes in Flavor, From, To... And what about concrete room? I am sorry, I not understand so good... :eek:

YohnY
28th Apr 2005, 16:16
Yeah, I know...

You mean:
1. step - Make Teleport trap (in place where I want to be placed...)
2. step - Make a Button/Switch/Concreet Room and...
3. step - Link it Flavor: Control device From: Starting Point To: TeleportTrap

Is this allright? If yes, I thank you very much, If not, please try to explain it to me again...

R_Soul
28th Apr 2005, 17:59
The last link should be the other way round.

Yandros
28th Apr 2005, 18:06
You also forgot the ControlDevice link from the button/switch/etc. to the TeleportTrap. So 1 trap, 1 trigger device, and 2 links.

YohnY
17th May 2005, 16:48
So I am not more clever.. Please, reply here all the way to make a teleport and let it be more educative. Write here please, what links what and etc.

Thanks very much... :confused:

R_Soul
17th May 2005, 19:52
I suppose it can be confusing when you haven't done it before/frequently.

ControlDevice link from the Trigger (Lever, button, roombrush etc) to a TeleportTrap.
Place the Trap is a suitable location.
Another CD link from the TeleportTrap to the StartingPoint (i.e. the object to be transported).

Extra info!
The reason you link to the StartingPoint:
When Game Mode is entered, an object is created called Player (which is you), but it only exists during Game Mode.
The PlayerFactory link from the StartingPoint copies all (most) scripts, links and properties onto the Player object.

YohnY
17th May 2005, 21:19
Good. So I am on it, maybe.

I'll place Teleport Trap on a place, where I want too be teleported. I'll link this Trap to room (concrete room), from which I want to be teleported. And I'll link Teleport Trap to Starting Point (which can be anywhere).

Yeah, that is it... :D

Yandros
18th May 2005, 14:26
I'll link this Trap to room (concrete room), from which I want to be teleported. And I'll link Teleport Trap to Starting Point (which can be anywhere).
To clarify, link the room to the trap, not the other way around. Unless you use a ~ControlDevice link. ;)

metal dawn
25th May 2005, 20:07
Easy :cool:
1. Make a teleport trap and place it where you want to go.
2. Make a control device link from it to your starting point.
3. Make a button/switch/concrete room brush and control device link it to the teleport trap. :)
Oooh, yay! I wanted to know this for a long time! :)