PDA

View Full Version : TAFN new preview...

quantic
28th Apr 2005, 00:33
Wonderful new screenies and preview/review of game. The Russian winter landscapes look glorious as they all do. Well worth a look.

I seriously cannot wait for release. This game is looking to be a vast improvement on the very overrated RTW.

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/html/media_screenshots.php

fat_man
28th Apr 2005, 02:56
thanx man i kept seeing the same screenshots on the other sites these look all new :D

sick
28th Apr 2005, 09:38
Yup, all 57 screenshots are new. :D
Also, I'm working on an in-game movie, which is available shortly. :cool:
Stay tuned. (http://imperialglory.tafn.info)

saddletank
28th Apr 2005, 12:55
This game is looking to be a vast improvement on the very overrated RTW.

:rolleyes:

Irish2
28th Apr 2005, 14:17

In the preview, it said the game was won by the previewer. Was this on normal or hard difficulty. I definitely want a game that is able to beat me every once in a while. Preferrably 40-50% of the time. I love a challenge.

mob
28th Apr 2005, 14:56
wtf is there no groupings????
berdan this will be your second most important job as taht it so so so so so important
first is moral system as i heard they didnt use that either
beats me why you havent used this eidos groupings seem a simple program i mean if ea can join units together you can do a simple thing like groups
moral seems hard but is defenitly the most important

sick
28th Apr 2005, 15:18
In the preview, it said the game was won by the previewer. Was this on normal or hard difficulty. I definitely want a game that is able to beat me every once in a while. Preferrably 40-50% of the time. I love a challenge.

On the "friendly" way, as I described in the preview, you don't have to be very afraid for attacks. On the "brutal" way however (again see the preview) it will be a lot harder for you to keep attackers away. Just look at this screenshot (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/siteimages/screenshots/large/Imperial_screen189.jpg) where I played with France on the brutal way. I managed to get full control over Hanover, and launched an attack on Piedmont. All this attacking cost me pretty much of my units which was reason enough for other Empires to attack me, since they didn't have to expect much resistance from me. So yeah, you can expect it's going to be a challange, Irish2.
You can choose from 3 different difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard. I finished it with Great Britain on Normal, and started to play with France on Hard.

mob, I don't quite understand what you mean with groupings. Can you explain yourself a little bit more please?

mob
28th Apr 2005, 16:41
groups mean this:

An assemblage of persons or objects gathered or located togethern
Two or more figures that make up a unit or design

do you understand now?

Irish2
28th Apr 2005, 16:56
On the "friendly" way, as I described in the preview, you don't have to be very afraid for attacks. On the "brutal" way however (again see the preview) it will be a lot harder for you to keep attackers away. Just look at this screenshot (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/siteimages/screenshots/large/Imperial_screen189.jpg) where I played with France on the brutal way. I managed to get full control over Hanover, and launched an attack on Piedmont. All this attacking cost me pretty much of my units which was reason enough for other Empires to attack me, since they didn't have to expect much resistance from me. So yeah, you can expect it's going to be a challange, Irish2.
You can choose from 3 different difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard. I finished it with Great Britain on Normal, and started to play with France on Hard.

mob, I don't quite understand what you mean with groupings. Can you explain yourself a little bit more please?

Thanks for the reply...I honewstly hope th AI is good enough to give me a good old fashioned A$$ whoopin' from time to time.....

Are you seeing alot of unique units in different countries? Did Piedmont or Hanover have any interesting looking units?

saddletank
28th Apr 2005, 17:05
mob, that's a facetious answer. Your two definitions above both mean a UNIT in the game. I know your question isn't about units, so you'd need to explain what you mean by your use of the word groupings in the game not in a dictionary. :rolleyes:

fat_man
28th Apr 2005, 18:49

that is sick......sick LOL

Irish2
28th Apr 2005, 19:23

Did you come accross any attrition when moving an army around. Also can you give a breakdown of how many "provinces" or land regions make up each country...i.e. Russia 10, France 6, etc.

Do you fight the battle and if you win, you get to annex the provice?

Overall, does the AI make smart diplomatic and grand tactictal maneuvers?

Thanks.

mob
28th Apr 2005, 20:07
of course its about groupings
dumass
unit groupings rrgh lol

BANANAMAN
28th Apr 2005, 20:38
In this newest preview I didnt see anything about blood spilt (blood on option) on battlefield like those in the movie-trailers and screenshots. And nothing has been said about the hold/stand ground option either. I guess the previewer in his excitement forgot about these issues. But, now I'm asking about those issues.. well???.. any answers from the previewer himself please? :)

mob
28th Apr 2005, 20:59
i just remembered eidos kicked the cool champ guys out and hired new noobs (opinion)
and tried to trap people into buying a new game
anyway i doubt we will get one (an offical satement)

Lt.Phoenix
28th Apr 2005, 21:55
if you're talking about how ea managed unit groupings in Battle for Middle Earth, they were in units of 5! and still only 2 of them would go together! I have no idea how there are actually people in your clan...must be the other leader...

mob
28th Apr 2005, 22:06
nope im dislepsec give me a brake

Lt.Phoenix
28th Apr 2005, 22:10
not your typing, or your english even, it's just the things you say, and how you say them.

Mike_B
29th Apr 2005, 08:05
And nothing has been said about the hold/stand ground option either. I guess the previewer in his excitement forgot about these issues. But, now I'm asking about those issues.. well???.. any answers from the previewer himself please? :)

He told me that there's no stand ground. Just disable auto attack and your men won't go anywhere. Of course you would have to press the button to actually achieve that :p

i just remembered eidos kicked the cool champ guys out and hired new noobs (opinion)
and tried to trap people into buying a new game
anyway i doubt we will get one (an offical satement)

You should really stop slamming down the game and start posting something that makes sense. Otherwise I see no reason why you would even come here.

David
29th Apr 2005, 22:01
In this newest preview I didnt see anything about blood spilt (blood on option) on battlefield like those in the movie-trailers and screenshots.

there is more blood then you ever saw in your entire life :p

here for example:
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/siteimages/screenshots/large/Imperial_screen214.jpg

BANANAMAN
29th Apr 2005, 22:14
WOW! :eek:

fat_man
29th Apr 2005, 22:15
Thats Cool. :d