PDA

View Full Version : What is fiixed!!

Guevara
27th Apr 2005, 23:36
I wanna know what they fixed when they pushed IG back!!! Its really bothering me! I havent looked at the new screens, but im hoping for sdrummer boys, a hold ground command, and all the other crap we have been complaining about.. Any1 on the inside know the deal!?

Cro_Knight
27th Apr 2005, 23:39
we already discussed why u need hold ground when the soldiers have nothing to run away from due to no morale system

mob
28th Apr 2005, 11:11
there is obviusly a moral system what game wouldnt have that

this is my first hearing it wont be but i would be shocked uterly shocked if they didnt have one as its one of the most important things to a game

Lannes09
2nd May 2005, 04:04
How much do weather conditions affect your units
morale and such? Are there more factors that affect
units’ morale, like replacements or the death of a
General?

FC: We are not using the units’ morale as a factor in
the game. The fatigue is a factor, and in that sense,
the type of terrain will also affect the performance
of the units. To give you an example you can’t run or
have a cavalry charge where there is mud, snow, etc

Zeus Commander
2nd May 2005, 05:07
Implementing drummer boys into the game is not at the top of my priority list.

mob
2nd May 2005, 07:40
same
why give them a drum when you can give them a gun :confused:

redcoat17
2nd May 2005, 21:48
I wish we would stop saying "drummer boy". To just say drummer would be more correct; as in this period drummers were very often not boys at all. It isnt until the American Civil War that this becomes more of the norm.

BANANAMAN
2nd May 2005, 22:44
I sincerely hope that the hold/stand ground option has been fixed because I simply hate to see my men making a wheel movement towards the enemy all by themselves without my direct orders.

Please Pyro Studios & Eidos, hopefully there is a hold/stand ground option that really make your men in IG do just that: holding & standing on the ground/spot whatever happens. It's just hateful to see your formations/men moving while you did not gave them orders to move.

Joe 98
2nd May 2005, 23:42
same
why give them a drum when you can give them a gun :confused:

A drum is needed so the men march in step.

Cro_Knight
2nd May 2005, 23:46
thats for idiots napoloen tought his finest soldiers to hum in their heads when they march to keep step he would tell the officer to announce and they all marched

Khornish
3rd May 2005, 09:08
thats for idiots napoloen tought his finest soldiers to hum in their heads when they march to keep step he would tell the officer to announce and they all marched

I really do hope you're being sarcastic here because if you really believe this, you need to have an MRI just in case there's something in your head that isn't supposed to be there.

Drummers or Buglers were extremely important armies during the age of the musket and percussion capped rifles.

As I've already posted a lecture in another thread, just a moment ago, I'll refrain from doing it here.

I don't feel IG "needs" drummers for the game to function, but it's one of those things for appearance's sake.

Mike_B
3rd May 2005, 15:42
I sincerely hope that the hold/stand ground option has been fixed because I simply hate to see my men making a wheel movement towards the enemy all by themselves without my direct orders.

Well it wasn't in the preview version sick played. However if you make sure your men aren't set to auto attack they stay where they're supposed to be.

saddletank
3rd May 2005, 16:55
Well it wasn't in the preview version sick played. However if you make sure your men aren't set to auto attack they stay where they're supposed to be.

But surely then you have to micromanage each unit telling it when to fire and at what. And once they commence firing they will wheel stupidly out if line once their target moves out of their front arc of fire... :rolleyes: :mad:

jaywalker2309
3rd May 2005, 17:42
But surely then you have to micromanage each unit telling it when to fire and at what. And once they commence firing they will wheel stupidly out if line once their target moves out of their front arc of fire... :rolleyes: :mad:

The arc for their line of sight has been improved so they dont turn every 2 seconds if troops they attacking are on the move.

Khornish
5th May 2005, 17:49
The arc for their line of sight has been improved so they dont turn every 2 seconds if troops they attacking are on the move.

Hell's Bells!

Put that bit in as a comment and sticky it. For that matter, make a "Adjustments/Changes" thread, sticky it, and add to it...

Please!

Oststar
6th May 2005, 02:57
Drummers or Buglers were extremely important.

Too true: there's a massive difference between drill on a parade ground and being in a battle carrying equitment and marching on uneven terrain. While you can easily march around anywhere without a drum or with just an officer/NCO calling the timing intermittently, trying to keep in time with all those other considerations going through your head is very challenging without a drum to fall into step with. Once you've marched with a drum for a while you just naturally fall into step with it, you don't have to think at all.

MrOsterman
13th May 2005, 02:08
You're all forgetting the importance of uniform movements to maintain morale, a sense of discipline and to clearly show that orders are being heard and understood.

Further a pair of drummers can be heard much more cleanly over a distance then an officer's shouts.

Mr O

mob
13th May 2005, 15:32
well would there have been drums to like signefy orders from long ranges or what cause i thought a good general would need that

saddletank
13th May 2005, 16:05
Drums would have measured the step to march in with a regular beat and would have sounded out basic orders like 'rally' 'advance' 'form square' in fact most orders would have been given by drum (or bugle in cavalry/light infantry units). No way would the shouts of an officer have carried along the length of a battalion of infantry in line which could be 300+ yards.

After the battalion CO and his immediate subordinates you could argue that the drummers were the next most important people.