PDA

View Full Version : Cossacks 2 Demo Is Out

Cro_Knight
26th Apr 2005, 05:08
NOW WE WILL SEE WHOS BETTER!!!!
even though i will get IG i hate those graphics on cossacks

Irish2
26th Apr 2005, 05:49
Its decent, I downloaded it today. The people are crazy who think that the map can support 64,000 units. There is NO WAY. The battlefields are a little too small and busy. Most battles will be fought between 3 to 5 formations. The firing is all manual so skirmishing in multiple places on the map simultaneously is very tough. The grand strategy portion of IG is going to blow Cossacks away. The battles are a matter of preference. The Cossacks Battles can take hours where IG will play out in minutes. No Navy to speak of CII. Hopefully IG takes the grand strategy portion of the conquest for Europe to new heights.

zzxxcc
26th Apr 2005, 12:26
My experiences with demo were poor. Very large, very slow download for a demo, took me over an hour at a very very sad download speed. Then, I had initial installation problems with a kinda memory over-run loop error, which luckily I was familiar to as I had had it before- With my installion of Blitzkrieg, another fine CDV product.

Finally, I got the demo installation program running, only to be informed that there was a problem, with the message that the demo download was likely damaged. Yeah... sure it was. Needless to say I've experienced as much as I need to of CDV.

I already was worried that the graphics in Cossacks II were unpleasantly similar to Blitzkrieg (in Terrain etc.), and I was very concerned that it was also going to be a similar game in terms of game play. Whether it's just that my computer hates CDV or their programing, I really didn't like Blitzkreig anyway and the demo and screen caps have only reinforced my poor impressions Cossacks II.

Anyway, how can a game claim to capture the full epic scale of the Napoleonic era, and NOT have any naval combat? Frankly, I was only initally interested in IG for JUST the incredible naval graphics. Everything else was just icing. But not to have ANY? I think I'd pass on Cossacks II, even if I didn't have IG to anticipate instead.

saddletank
26th Apr 2005, 13:01
Erm...Cossacks2 full game is out, and has been for nearly 2 weeks.

(I took my copy back to the shop, pile of plop it was).

Irish2
26th Apr 2005, 14:07
Erm...Cossacks2 full game is out, and has been for nearly 2 weeks.

(I took my copy back to the shop, pile of plop it was).

The full game comes out in North America today or tomorrow.

Cro_Knight
26th Apr 2005, 14:52
Its decent, I downloaded it today. The people are crazy who think that the map can support 64,000 units. There is NO WAY. The battlefields are a little too small and busy. Most battles will be fought between 3 to 5 formations. The firing is all manual so skirmishing in multiple places on the map simultaneously is very tough. The grand strategy portion of IG is going to blow Cossacks away. The battles are a matter of preference. The Cossacks Battles can take hours where IG will play out in minutes. No Navy to speak of CII. Hopefully IG takes the grand strategy portion of the conquest for Europe to new heights.

It Can!!!
probably demo is small map

BANANAMAN
26th Apr 2005, 19:24
The battlefields are a little too small and busy.

I agree totaly with you Irish2!

The battlemaps in Cossacks2 are just full with peasants walking around like in a hornets nest. And your soldiers in there (Cossacks2) are like ants soldiers protecting those busy bees. :D

Cossacks2 is more a AgeOfEmpires kind of pc game than a TotalWar kind of pc game.

AgeOfEmpires (& Cossacks2): Who can spit out the most soldiers from the production-line non-stop wins. :D

zzxxcc
26th Apr 2005, 21:24
I liked Age of Empires/Kings, but I never ONCE won a game just because I could "spit out the most soldiers from the production-line non-stop".

I won because I could "spit out the most soldiers from the production-line" fastest, build my army first and kick my opponents butt clean off the map before he had time to get his comfy chair *** crease warmed.

Anyone who claims they only lost or won those games because someone else produced units slightly faster or slower didn't have a problem with the game, they had a problem playing it.

BANANAMAN
26th Apr 2005, 22:29
Okey okey, but you guys know what I mean.

The battlemaps in Cossacks2 is full with busy peasant bees roaming around while you're doing battle. Now, that's what I call: a crowded room.. eh.. map. :D

This mixture of peasants and soldiers on one battlemap means you'll have to concentrate both on the features of economy & battle on one map, meaning that's just too much of a mess on the long run during the game.

I like to concentrate just purely on one feature on the RTS battlemap and that is the battle-actions TotalWar style.. and Imperial Glory is providing that which is very exciting indeed.

By the way.. the sounds in Cossacks2 are just horrible unexciting. While playing the Cossacks2 demo I almost fell in an deep state of sleep, because of the unexciting & uninspiring tasteless sounds. The only thing those soldiers in Cossacks2 are saying is: "Au! au! oo! au! autch! au! au! au! au! au!" during battle, LOL! :D

(type name here)
26th Apr 2005, 23:38
lol, that sounds like sex

Cro_Knight
27th Apr 2005, 01:05
nice comment thats why u didnt bother wit ha name so u could link a ****ty demo to sex lol

BANANAMAN
27th Apr 2005, 17:30
lol, that sounds like sex

No, those soldiers in Cossacks2 sounded more like a person taking out a fresh backed hot bread just out from the oven into his hands and burns his fingers in the process. :D

BANANAMAN
27th Apr 2005, 22:53
And the tasteless sounds in Cossacks2 is just a minor problem in comparison to that of its effect on your pc.

My pc is still very well equipt to handle any pc game outthere.

In the Cossacks2 demo when I reached to population (soldiers & peasants) of about 2.300 my pc lagged and finaly gave up breathing and got stuck and I got pop up windows telling me that I dont have enough virtual memories. WTF!??!! :mad:

I HAVE MORE THEN ENOUGH VIRTUAL MEMORIES! :mad:

So, I only could go back to normal by unplugging the electricity to my pc and plug it in again.

This was just the Cossacks2 DEMO, if it was the FULL VERSION of Cossacks2 my pc would NOT have survived such an agressive software installed on my harddisk. I uninstalled that piece of crap (Cossacks2 demo) from my pc and all is running as normal as it can be.

It's no wonder at all that many Cossacks2 buyers have reffered it (Cossacks2) as garbage which its only function is to be thrown into the garbage-can right away.

Cro_Knight
27th Apr 2005, 22:54
i hear yeh man

Cro_Knight
27th Apr 2005, 22:55
i hear yeh man
it cant compete with IG

HellAngel_666
29th Apr 2005, 14:19
great game. so buying this when i can raise the cash... ig will wait for a while till good reports.

BANANAMAN
29th Apr 2005, 22:08
great game. so buying this when i can raise the cash... ig will wait for a while till good reports.

Cossacks2.. great game?????? :confused:

Only when you have a super-computer รก la NASA-systems, lol. :D

Didnt you read my post at all? Cossacks2 is a very agressive software that makes your pc go nuts at a certain point playing it. Man! You realy dare to put your pc on the line.. a very thine line.

Cossacks2.. great game, lol. I think you realy lost your mind man.

fat_man
29th Apr 2005, 22:14
just played the demo....i know it makes it more realistic but i hate the fact you need to collect lead i get into a battle and i run out of ammo and i had a big army so it took long for my troops to get enough ammo to be effective in battle once again all in all a fun game though But i will buy IG before this.

HellAngel_666
30th Apr 2005, 16:10
lol thats the best part as your able to out supplie the enemy! lol just go the back door with 2 armies and take all you can while building block houses and towers on the river. you hold the enemy back with a cupple of armies and then wait a while to build for a massive offensive which they can't stop cause they have no supplies! lol can't wait to buy it!

Bellum
30th Apr 2005, 19:15
Strange!?

Searching information/opinions about Imperial Glory and found Cossacks 2... maybee I will buy that gamed instead of....... naaaaah, just kidding :D

IG is looking good so far... (yes I have tried the demo of both game).

Wishlist:
- Morale (flame?) :p
- Patience... soon the game will hit the stores :)
- More time... (read the signature) :cool:

sqall
30th Apr 2005, 21:40
HellAngel, I see you have been converted :p

Zeus Commander
1st May 2005, 16:59

WTF!!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO BUY COSSACKS OVER IMPERIAL GLORY!!! ARE YOU MAD LOL!!! COSSACKS 2 IS JUST A RUNOFF OF AGE OF EMPIRES ORIGINAL WITH NO TACTICS WHATSOEVER!! THERE IS MORE STRATEGY IN AGE OF MYTHOLOGY THAN THAT GAME.

Gorasonas
1st May 2005, 17:18
you hold the enemy back with a cupple of armies and then wait a while to build for a massive offensive which they can't stop cause they have no supplies! lol can't wait to buy it!

Exactly the point ! Just another TANK RUSH game :p
(yea i played the demo too - IG beats it easily)

fat_man
1st May 2005, 17:34
i hate the fact when you build units they come out one after another.

if you like stratgy buy IG

if you like rushing like a wuss buy Cossacks 2

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 17:41
Ok, someone prefers Cossacks over IG....
I admit can't understand, it but the again I don't dig fat chicks or barflies with tatoo's- but I say: to each their own- there's no accounting for personal taste.

My question is: Why you care what anyone else's taste's are. This isn't an either/or decision! You can buy one, or buy the other or even buy both, each according to their tastes. And if you prefer to buy only one- that's fine!

But what I can't figure out is: why you'd care that anyone doesn't share your unique viewpoint? Furthermore, why anyone would go out of their way to deride someone elses opinons and tastes?
What's to gain?

Do you work for the company and are worried you're competing for limited consumer dollars?

Or is it that you're REALLY not sure you're making the best choice for yourself and need to bolster your confidence by attacking others?

Or is it that you don't want to be left all alone on some other game forum having been only one to buy's it instead?

Anyway, I'm interested in NAVAL combat with a International historical strategic campaign and land based RTS element to support and flesh out the Naval portion. For me the point is moot!

I would not buy Cossacks II, unless it was the last game on Earth! It has NOTHING to offer me. I'd play cards before I spend money on another CDV product.

mob
1st May 2005, 18:12
or maybe is cause we are human and are creating discusion
now please leave this fecking forum you dumb dog

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 18:23
Because we're "HUMAN" and "creating discussion"!

LOL

My dear MOB...

You're either: Not english, illiterate or just stone cold stupid.

But why choice? You're likely all three, and ugly to boot.

But still, ask me nicely to leave and I'll think about it! K!

Anyway, If I'm a REALLY bad boy, I could always get banned!!!

sick
1st May 2005, 18:25
or maybe is cause we are human and are creating discusion
now please leave this fecking forum you dumb dog

I actually think zzxxcc had a good point here.

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 18:33
Thanks sick!

But you can call me 'Dave' if you'd like. After all zzxxcc is so formal! :)

Seriously, I hate trying to pick a good user name. But since no one would be able to remember "fdasas98" (and "Dave" is usually taken) I try to choice some nickname that made some kind of sense. The three lowest bottom right keys in sequence seemed straightforward, and that's as much like me as "Laser Phoenix" or "Hot Rocks 05'" Straightforward, I am.

LOL.

Zeus Commander
1st May 2005, 18:43
Ok, someone prefers Cossacks over IG....
I admit can't understand, it but the again I don't dig fat chicks or barflies with tatoo's- but I say: to each their own- there's no accounting for personal taste.

My question is: Why you care what anyone else's taste's are. This isn't an either/or decision! You can buy one, or buy the other or even buy both, each according to their tastes. And if you prefer to buy only one- that's fine!

But what I can't figure out is: why you'd care that anyone doesn't share your unique viewpoint? Furthermore, why anyone would go out of their way to deride someone elses opinons and tastes?
What's to gain?

Do you work for the company and are worried you're competing for limited consumer dollars?

Or is it that you're REALLY not sure you're making the best choice for yourself and need to bolster your confidence by attacking others?

Or is it that you don't want to be left all alone on some other game forum having been only one to buy's it instead?

Anyway, I'm interested in NAVAL combat with a International historical strategic campaign and land based RTS element to support and flesh out the Naval portion. For me the point is moot!

I would not buy Cossacks II, unless it was the last game on Earth! It has NOTHING to offer me. I'd play cards before I spend money on another CDV product.

Someone is a hypocrit lol :cool: I attacked his opinion because this is how my phyciatrist advises me to vent my anger, on Cossacks 2.

zzxxcc
1st May 2005, 20:14
I would only be a hypocrite, if I attacked someone elses right to like Cossacks II or not.

Argumentum ad hominem.

I argue for my own opinions, but not against another's right to have a different one.

jeffdan9
2nd May 2005, 19:06
HellAngel, WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOU? Cossacks 2 is the worst game ever as it's just like AOE, just in Napoleonoic TImes. AOE was a great game when it just came out but that style is not good anymore. I tried the demo, the graphics aren't 3d, & it's just not for me.