PDA

View Full Version : Legend Storyline?

Trinity34
24th Apr 2005, 19:23
From the screens we have already, care to take a guess at what the story might be?

My guess is that someone has discovered and/or is looking for an ancient artifact that has great power... great enough so that when used as a power source it can become a very destructive weapon. I am trying to link the tomb with the nuclear reactor.... best thing I could come up with. :rolleyes:

What do you all think?

Jewell
25th Apr 2005, 07:28
The name "Legend" made it sound kinda like she was going back more toward the earlier games... mostly TR1. My best guess was some South American ruins, due to the jungle, and the stone scenery... I'd be suprised if there was no artifact (always has been; in fact, I'd be disappointed if there wasn't one), I have no other ideas though.
Not sure though... I do hope they don't just come out of nowhere... I'd like them to at least close the AoD storyline, even though it doesn't look much like it... :(

Trinity34
25th Apr 2005, 23:25
Good to see ya Jewell. :)

Jewell
26th Apr 2005, 02:57
NIce to be here and see so many familiar friends :) .

GoranAgar
26th Apr 2005, 04:32
I want to learn about the story line when I play the game. Not sooner.

midroth
26th Apr 2005, 06:00
Me, too. The "surprise", you know?

Sophia Leigh
27th Apr 2005, 01:50
Me too, but it doesn't hurt to have a guess in the meantime :D I'm guessing the setting is partly South America and partly asia but that's all I've come up with.

Mangar The Dark
1st May 2005, 15:32
I'd like them to at least close the AoD storyline, even though it doesn't look much like it... :(

When I was playing AOD, I hoped to see it brought to some kind of conclusion. But, since that was a few years ago, and the story was pretty convoluted, I actually forget what it was all about. Considering that I've always been a fan of the series and even I can't remember what was going on in AOD, I bet most casual gamers would be completely lost. So I imagine it would make more sense from a marketing standpoint for Eidos to create an all-new stand alone story.

My all time favorite TR story was the one in Last Revelation. It just held together really well and kept you moving forward without seeming forced. If they can come up with something comparable to that, I'd be happy.

DaveJ
1st May 2005, 16:26
Maybe she gets to fight the Devil, save a unicorn and kiss a Princess?

(With the help of forest-folk....)

midroth
1st May 2005, 16:43
Nope, she will rescue us! :D

enoch
1st May 2005, 16:44
When I was playing AOD, I hoped to see it brought to some kind of conclusion. But, since that was a few years ago, and the story was pretty convoluted, I actually forget what it was all about. Considering that I've always been a fan of the series and even I can't remember what was going on in AOD, I bet most casual gamers would be completely lost. So I imagine it would make more sense from a marketing standpoint for Eidos to create an all-new stand alone story.

My all time favorite TR story was the one in Last Revelation. It just held together really well and kept you moving forward without seeming forced. If they can come up with something comparable to that, I'd be happy.

I think this is a comeback game. Then it would make sense to bring in Natla. However, I do think that the AOD story will be concluded after this game. With all that she has been through, both before and during that story, I very much doubt that they will trash it without further notice.

jayel
1st May 2005, 18:10

*smile* and a very young Tom Cruise (Tim Curry was a great devil).

Well, whatever the storyline, the screens and trailer sure indicate adventure and exploration, and with two guns blazing and the 'original' Tomb Raider feel I am really feeling that old Lara Croft: Tomb Raider thrill.

Trinity34
1st May 2005, 21:18

There's nothing to learn until Eidos releases the storyline. ;)

Trinity34
1st May 2005, 21:19

I think that was the first movie where I saw Tom Cruise. Lara kiss a princess? :confused:

Sophia Leigh
2nd May 2005, 01:31
The name "Legend" made it sound kinda like she was going back more toward the earlier games... mostly TR1. My best guess was some South American ruins, due to the jungle, and the stone scenery... I'd be suprised if there was no artifact (always has been; in fact, I'd be disappointed if there wasn't one), I have no other ideas though.
Not sure though... I do hope they don't just come out of nowhere... I'd like them to at least close the AoD storyline, even though it doesn't look much like it... :(

I would also like it if they closed the AoD story, even if they just did it in novel form like Amulet of Power (the official novel that tells the story between TR4 and AoD). A novel would make sense under the circumstances.

Trinity34
3rd May 2005, 01:32
I was thinking about the storyline some more and I watched some of the fmv's from TR1 and... in the opening TR1 fmv, Natla's ship crashes in Los Alamos, New Mexico, which does a lot of nuclear testing hence explains the screen shot of Lara and the nuclear reactor! :D :D So have I been thinking about this too much? :).... this is all beginning to have that "X-files" kind of feel to it....

Mangar The Dark
4th May 2005, 15:59
This is a bit OT, but on the subject of the AOD storyline-- Am I the only one who felt Lara's anger towards Werner didn't make much sense? At the end of TLR, he does attempt to save her, but there's simply nothing he can do. Then, in Chronicles, we see that he's still trying to save her. Suddenly, in AOD, she's pissed off at him for abandoning her. Huh?
I hope the designers do a better job with the continuity in Legend (I had to bring it back on topic, right?) If they steer away from the AOD storyline, I wonder if Kurtis will just be forgotten, too?

enoch
4th May 2005, 16:08
This is a bit OT, but on the subject of the AOD storyline-- Am I the only one who felt Lara's anger towards Werner didn't make much sense? At the end of TLR, he does attempt to save her, but there's simply nothing he can do. Then, in Chronicles, we see that he's still trying to save her. Suddenly, in AOD, she's pissed off at him for abandoning her. Huh?
I hope the designers do a better job with the continuity in Legend (I had to bring it back on topic, right?) If they steer away from the AOD storyline, I wonder if Kurtis will just be forgotten, too?

I agree in your wondering about her reaction towards Werner. Perhaps there is an answer to that in the first TR novel, which is supposed to be about the time between TR 4 and 6?

Personally I don't think (or at least hope) that they will abandon the story, only stall it untill TR8 as I see this game as a comeback project for Eidos/Lara.

Jewell
5th May 2005, 05:50

Well, she was pissed off because he put her in there in the first place in TRLR. Then he felt bad and tried to get her out but failed. I would be a tad peeved at him, despite the fact that he got me out of there (even though he was the reason one was in the tomb). But that's just me :D .

Mangar The Dark
5th May 2005, 14:26
Well, she was pissed off because he put her in there in the first place in TRLR. Then he felt bad and tried to get her out but failed. I would be a tad peeved at him, despite the fact that he got me out of there (even though he was the reason one was in the tomb). But that's just me :D .

Yeah, I can see that. But she specifically says, "You walked away and left me, Werner," which makes it seem like she's mainly pissed because he abandoned her there, which wasn't the case. If she said something like, "You got me into that mess, and it damn near cost me my life," it would have made more sense. Oh well.