PDA

View Full Version : Help me finding a good site for downloading demos, please!

Godfather
24th Apr 2005, 11:22
Hello there,

I only have three videogames (or their entire series; that is) and considering the fact that I've put sooo much money into my computer ... that I have a 22"-screen ... that I have one of thé most powerful videocards and God knows what ... I thought to myself: "Maybe I should buy something else than Tomb Raider, Max Payne and Splinter Cell in order to use my videocard and PC to its fullest potential". :cool:

Hence the following question:

Can you give me thé very best site for downloading demos so I can take a look at a couple of videogames before actually buying any, please? Somehow God must have punished me, because I get sick (and I'm not joking ... I really get woozy when I play First-person shooters, so the only thing I can play are 3rd-person shooters. :( :mad:

I've tried to find a proper download of the demo of "Star Wars: Knights of the old republic" but so far no such luck. Also: I'm looking for the very best 3rd-person shooter Star Wars-videogame * la Tomb Raider and Max Payne, so if you can come up with a better title than the one above, be my guest!
I just wanna have the ultimate Star Wars-3rd-person shooter coz I looove Star Wars. And I guess KOTOR II is better than the first one, right? :confused:

Last but not least: you can all (if you want to; eat least) give me titles of 3rd-person shooters ... which are of course still available at this moment.
E.g.: this videogame "thief"? Is it any good or is it somewhat crappy. I too failed to find a demo of that one as well .... I'm bit of a screw-up; i think, no? :D

Anyways: thank you very much and I hope to be hearing from y'all very, very soon ...

Bye for now

dhama
24th Apr 2005, 11:37
One place you could try is HERE (http://www.download.com/Games/2001-2012_4-0.html?tag=dir)

bedazzled
24th Apr 2005, 11:51
"Somehow God must have punished me, because I get sick (and I'm not joking ... I really get woozy when I play First-person shooters, so the only thing I can play are 3rd-person shooters."

In effect you are getting sea sick,when you play a first person perspective game your eyes tell your brain you are moving around but your sense of balance tells your brain your not moving, the result is your brain gets confused & you feel sick.

Godfather
24th Apr 2005, 12:16
In effect you are getting sea sick,when you play a first person perspective game your eyes tell your brain you are moving around but your sense of balance tells your brain your not moving, the result is your brain gets confused & you feel sick.

Wow ... ok. But how do you explain then that I never had this problem when I was a kid and I played "Wolfenstein" and "Doom (2)? Is this something that only arose as I grew older?

Anyhow ... I've come to appreciate the beauty of 3rd person shooters and as crazy/subjective/dumb as this may sound ... no fps could ever match a great tps; I think.

If I watch Lara Croft killing a T-rex whilst jumping in between a couple of Velociraptors and eventually diving in a bottomless pitt to escape these monsters only to grab a piece of rock before she splatters on the ground ... or if I watch Max Payne killing dozens of men whilst performing a diving roll in 3D slo-mo which looks more fascinating than any Matrix-movement ... or if I watch Sam Fisher in 'Splinter Cell' break a guy's neck whilst hanging by his feet on a bar 2 feet above the ground ...

you could never do any of this with fps ... fps may look smooth but aren't they all the same. You only see what you have to kill and that's it! Even though (apparantly) Doom 3 and Halo 2 are very beautiful games.

Many thanks!

Bye for now

dhama
24th Apr 2005, 12:17
Pointers for people wanting to play first person perspective games without getting motion sickness.

Limit your gameplay (no longer than an hour without a 10 minute break)
Never play when tired.
Don't play on an empty stomach.
Make sure you drink fluids.. preferably water.
Get up and walk around during rests.
Breath deeply into the lower part of your lings a few times during rests.
Play on a small monitor, and as far away from you as possible. At least 60cm (24inches) from the screen.
Sometimes sucking a mint helps, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Mike_B
24th Apr 2005, 13:41
I download everything from http://www.gamershell.com

Godfather
24th Apr 2005, 14:04
Pointers for people wanting to play first person perspective games without getting motion sickness.

Play on a small monitor, and as far away from you as possible. At least 60cm (24inches) from the screen.

Thanks for the advice, but the one above is not gonna happen as the only computer screen I have is about the biggest thing around these days (22" screen ... 's great for watching Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings however ... :-D)

Bye for now

MissLara2U
24th Apr 2005, 16:24
www.3dgamers.com

NO registration. Fast downloads.

Deckard
24th Apr 2005, 22:45
Wow ... ok. But how do you explain then that I never had this problem when I was a kid and I played "Wolfenstein" and "Doom (2)? Is this something that only arose as I grew older?

That IS possible, you know. As a kid I could read for hours during our holiday tours in the car. No problem. Even thinking about reading in a car makes me sick now! And don't get me started about boat trips - as a kid I went fishing, spent the whole night on a rocking nutshell w/o any problem. Now I'm getting seasick when I see the pier ... :D !