PDA

View Full Version : modders samuris

mob
23rd Apr 2005, 19:56
make a mod with samuri's like archers and crap
my faverit movie ever was the last samuri and it would be great to have something diferent
a bit of a challenge getting into combat but once there own hard and the british will be like :eek:

:D

mob
23rd Apr 2005, 23:45
come on this is cool
does no one agree with the proposition?

Zeus Commander
24th Apr 2005, 01:45
yeah of course, but you should wait for the game to come out first... lol

If you noticed in that movie, the samuri could have easily won if they continued to use tactics after the main assult. They should have kept up the smoke fogging their movement while they went around to the back of the Federalist's covering their movements with the mountains. Then, once the federalists moved their troops in to engage the samuri [even though they arnt actually there] the samuri could have swept the federalist cannons and officers from the back winning the battle easily.

Cro_Knight
24th Apr 2005, 03:41
well they wanted to make thier death honorable and sadening

Bernard
24th Apr 2005, 06:55
well they wanted to make thier death honorable and sadening

Rightly said. Better charge that machine gun position from the front.

Cro_Knight
24th Apr 2005, 17:19
exacly then it wouldnt be a motion picture that everyone wanted to see

Zeus Commander
24th Apr 2005, 22:30
Well it was based on a true story, well most of it...

(type name here)
30th Apr 2005, 21:22
Sounds interesting, add in a few arquebusiers, swords and spearman and it could make for an interesting historical battle. Of course there would have to have alot of balancing, and not to mention the machine gun. :eek:

mob
30th Apr 2005, 21:31
lol
no machine guns never
lol

not eally samuris just charge rifle men and eat still it would be hard cause the samuris have no long range so they would have alot takin from that

they need great archers with very short rang (cheap)
and very long range (expensive)

they were out numbered in the movie like 5-3 wich is big enough and they should have won

come on samuris!!!!!!!!!

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 22:58
So is it possible?

Lord Boris
19th May 2005, 00:23
It would be tricky to code in arrow shots, as the IG game is more based around rifle/musket shots. I'm no coder myself however so perhaps it wouldnt be that hard (my gut feeling says it would be however). I'd like to see such a mod, but for now in terms of a Feudal Japan kind of game, my hopes are more with the RTW engine. After all, CA have the Shogun Total War game behind them too.

IG however has potential for more expansions and mods that would suit its own engine better, perhaps the Crimean War, the Russo-Japanese war, the American civil war for example.

Muad'Dib
19th May 2005, 02:04
There is a mod in progress for RTW called Sengoku Jidai which will try to re-create the feel of STW. I've missed Shogun ever since I got XP and it would no longer run on my comp.....

Thecrisis5
19th May 2005, 02:54
yeah, good ol' shogun. I really liked that game come to think of it.

(type name here)
19th May 2005, 03:03
can you give us a link?