PDA

View Full Version : About the multiplayer

Canuto
23rd Apr 2005, 13:12
Well,i read a lot of this game,but they only talk about campaign,at this moment i think,no doubt,it will be a incredible game in offline,but,what do u guys know about multiplayer?basically my most important doubt its about the troops,because in praetorians u can create the troops,and in rtw u can choose it before match,but how will be in ig? :confused: anyway if they combine the best of praetorians and rtw,this game, can be the game!,i saw some details really incredible of that,control is very similar to rome total war,and it seems like gona be anti troops like in praetorians that will be the key in the match(in rome total war are too but not so hardcore like in praetorians)anyway i saw something that i dont like cuz in rome total war flank is very important but here no,that is a negative point ,because flanking can be really important and give to the game so much posibilitys,with reference to maps, in praetorians all the maps,have his way to play,his diferents posibiltys but in rome total war except the elevated zones,maps are only a decorative element cuz dont aport nothing to the play of the game u can play in diferents maps but 90% are the same with other decoration,praetorians in this aspect was another world... i hope maps in ig are as good as in praetorians.
PD : online gona be only 1vs1 and 2 vs2¿ :(

Gorasonas
23rd Apr 2005, 13:31
i hope they patch it to a possible 3vs3 after a while.
Only 4 players in multiplayer is not really cool :(

Gorasonas
23rd Apr 2005, 16:48
It would be great to have a reeinforce system like in praetorians.
With economic points like the farms or mills to capture. Then every some minutes you get some troops. The more buildings the more troops, that would generate an aggressive multiplayer style like in praets and not that defense style like it was in most of RTW battles.

mob
23rd Apr 2005, 17:51
for a game to be good these days it needs online
no ifs and buts most games are going online more and more and some are online only wich i i say chears to :)

Canuto
23rd Apr 2005, 20:37
well in rtw a lot of matches are defensive cuz the comunity of rtw is full of lamers that want win without do nothing,in rtw happens a very weird thing,who camp have an incredible bonus i really really really hope that dont gona happen in ig,anyway that tactic can be ****ed easy,but ur team have to do a lot while the enemys just dont do nothing and if u make a mistake, u ****ed, and the enemys win without do nothing,anyway if u want **** a lamer in rtw just make all egyptian cav 10 without upgrade 10 with exp and attack and u **** all :D

Gorasonas
24th Apr 2005, 13:31
yea its so funny in RTW
- with Egypts i won about 90% of the battles
- with Babarians i won about only 30% of the battles
this multiplayer "custom army by points" system is so unbalanced and crappy

mob
24th Apr 2005, 13:35
- with Babarians i won about only 30% of the battles
this multiplayer "custom army by points" system is so unbalanced and crappy
lol
barbarions are cool they just atke ages to master

Canuto
24th Apr 2005, 13:56
well,the problem as u said is that the difirent civilizations are not all balanceds,cuz egypt are overpowered and some other civilizations are a crap but not all barbarians civilizations sux,germans are so cool and britans not bad,anyway the people of rtw dont use to play in team,they just try to play 1vs1 with the guy in front of him,exemple a lot of 3vs3 or 4 vs 4 are 1vs1+1vs1+1vs1 or 1v1+1vs1+1vs1+1vs1,but for play the real multiplayer in this game u have to combine ur armys,make only an army trying to get the best of ur civilizations,(i mean for exemple agroup the 3 playes and handle each one a determinate kind of troops making with 3 diferent armys only 1 army 1+1+1=3)exemple u can take gauls and make all hunters,other germans,make all cav,other romans and make all cohorts,doing that u can make really incredible combinations,but anybody i saw who use to do that except me and prince,anyway rtw its very great game but people ****ed the game cuz they play in normal size and in normal size game is totally bugged,and they just camp and dont do nothing, i really think people didnt learned how to play that game yet

Cro_Knight
24th Apr 2005, 17:28
i hope they patch it to a possible 3vs3 after a while.
Only 4 players in multiplayer is not really cool :(

i hope the maps get bigger for the game like those maps were small and when u add like 2000 troops half of them are stuck somewhere else