PDA

View Full Version : How many servers?

Sil9
23rd Apr 2005, 10:03
Hello, I just played the demo and liked it. How many servers and players are generally on, for the full game? It isn't listed in ASE or Gamespy, I don't think. Are most of the servers in North America or overseas? Ty. :)

Aris666
23rd Apr 2005, 18:12
Hello, I just played the demo and liked it. How many servers and players are generally on, for the full game? It isn't listed in ASE or Gamespy, I don't think. Are most of the servers in North America or overseas? Ty. :)
Most of the time there are only 1-2 rooms not servers especially no dedicated servers but you can create your own room. about the players there very few of them, when i play online i only see 1-6 players most of the time, the most players ive seen in one room is 10 but thats rare.

About the servers i think this game has only 1 server thats EIDOS server(online service), you only create a room and set the setting for a match like kills, timelimit and etc. and if you ask whats the difference between creating a room to a server, in creating a room it doesnt require your internet connections bandwith to host the game, even you leave your room the game still continues as long there are still players playing so in this game there is no 0 ping advantage when hosting because your not realy hosting your still connecting to eidos server,thats just my theory im not realy sure.

Cell9song
24th Apr 2005, 18:39
unfortunately the Xbox version is about the same in terms of numbers of people playing. The game just needed more time for polish and when people hear about the problems day after day they just look elsewhere.

If whatever is left of Eidos management wants to continue making games, make a game that they themselves (or their kids) would be happy to play. Quit cranking out shovelware and counting your sell-throughs instead. Todays gamers aren't stupid 10 yr olds who are strictly happy with flashy colors, many have to work for that $40-$50 thats charged and when they get taken, theyre arent happy (and they WILL spread the word).