PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE get an estimated patch date?

Smoker6
23rd Apr 2005, 00:19
Please? :confused:

We bought the game. We like what works about it. When will it be fixed?

Smoker

Cell9song
24th Apr 2005, 18:45
Please? :confused:

We bought the game. We like what works about it. When will it be fixed?

Smoker

don't hold your breath. Apparently the game didn't do all that well in retail so they'll be very very reluctant to spend the cash on manpower for a patch (never mind the fact that QA probably hasn't even reproduced the problems on a consistent basis yet).

Aris666
25th Apr 2005, 01:09
We can have the patch WHEN ITS DONE :D

WHATtheDEUCE
25th Apr 2005, 21:21
Sadly, what cell9song said makes sense. Plus, isn't Eidos in the process of being bought out by another company? Perhaps they don't have the money/resources to put together a patch for a game that may not being doing great. Which is really a bummer though, because PSB could have been great if it weren't for the few problems with the multiplayer on the consoles and the unfortunate business with the PC version. Personally, I think it could have been one of the best PS2 online FPS's out there (personally I like it a lot better than killzone).

Perhaps we'll get lucky, and actually get a patch, but who knows. Either way, the game is fine on the PS2 (despite the few problems), so I'll definatley keep playing.

Jumpin_Jebus
25th Apr 2005, 22:50
Hey folks,

I just wanted to drop in and give what little info I have. I have heard rumors regarding a PSB PC patch, however nothing definite has filtered down to us yet. I would like to see them patch the game as well, but unfortunately that is the kind of decision made by the powers that be...not support. We can all keep our fingers crossed and pray, and hopefully the gods will smile on us. Sorry folks. :(

~A sad and frustrated Jebus

Pistol
26th Apr 2005, 03:36
*in shock* First time since the game was released i've heard a EIDOS person talk about a patch...but it's just a roumer sounds to be like they wanna give us hope :P

Smoker6
26th Apr 2005, 05:13
Is there anything we can do to help make minds up? Anyone we can email? Do we need to start a petition? Let us know who we can send our 2 cents to. You know, like 'write your congressman' or something.

Smoker

Sil9
26th Apr 2005, 05:23
I will buy 600 copies. :D :D :D

[T]AlCapone
26th Apr 2005, 07:15
make a rogue patch... on company time!

Cell9song
27th Apr 2005, 22:39
Hey folks,

I just wanted to drop in and give what little info I have. I have heard rumors regarding a PSB PC patch, however nothing definite has filtered down to us yet. I would like to see them patch the game as well, but unfortunately that is the kind of decision made by the powers that be...not support. We can all keep our fingers crossed and pray, and hopefully the gods will smile on us. Sorry folks. :(

~A sad and frustrated Jebus

no need to apologize friend :)

you mods have been very helpful throughout this mess. Some of us understand how corporate "protocol" works (be spineless and don't speak in definite, direct terms and make sure only YOUR ass is covered). The suits are ruining this business despite well intentioned people like yourselves. No worries ;)

-Cell9

Jumpin_Jebus
28th Apr 2005, 20:45
Thanks for the kind words Cell9. We don't hear them too often here in support. ;) I promise you all that as soon as a patch or fix is found for the problems you folks are seeing, I will post it here and on our support site ASAP. Thanks for your patience in this matter. :D

~Jebus

Smoker6
28th Apr 2005, 22:15
:rolleyes: I guess patience is one word for it.... Impatience is another. :D

Smoker

zildjian_x
29th Apr 2005, 01:41
pc :mad: what about a ps2 patch!!!

Jumpin_Jebus
30th Apr 2005, 01:00
pc :mad: what about a ps2 patch!!!

As I said zildjian, I don't know if any patches will be made, regardless of the system. I'm simply not privy to that info. I wish I was, but that just isn't how corporate America does business. When the decision is finally made regarding the patch situation, I will let you all know when I'm given the OK to do so. Until then, I am as much in the dark as you guys (and gals) :(

~Jebus

Smoker6
30th Apr 2005, 20:05
I don't know if any patches will be made, regardless of the system. I'm simply not privy to that info. I wish I was, but that just isn't how corporate America does business.

Who else can we talk to, if not support? Why would you not fix a broken product?

Also, if SUPPORT doesn't know about any updates, then I guess we're all screwed.

I tried to play again, today. I enjoyed getting my butt kicked online for a full 7 minutes before it crashed back to desktop. I feel like I have wasted forty dollars. I could have bought a SUPPORTED game.

I, for one, will NEVER buy another game made by Eidos. I will also recommend to everyone I know that they not buy any games from your company unless they feel like wasting money and being frustrated by the lack of support. I appreciate the candidness of the support team and all they have tried to do and I understand how frustrating it can be to be kept in the dark about a product that you are supposed to be able to actually help people with. I'm sorry you work for people who are more interested in getting a quick buck from a faulty product than in upholding the integrity of the company by standing behind it's products. From all accounts, the support team is not like that at all, and you are just as frustrated as we are.

My next purchase was going to be the new Lego Star Wars game, but I'm afraid to waste any more money on your company.

I had never paid much attention to which company made the games I played, before. I most definitly will from now on, if only to make sure it is not made by Eidos.

Whichever moderator reads this, please forward it to whomever makes the final decisions about long term support. I doubt it will change any minds, but you never know.

In the meantime, I have uninstalled the game and I will try to get my money back, somehow. I doubt it will happen, but I have some printouts from this forum to try and convince the store that this is a faulty product.

I'll watch the forums for a couple of days, but that's it for me. Good luck with this game. By all accounts, you'll need it.

Thanks.

Smoker

Edit: I just went to some of the other game forums in the Eidos community. Is Tomb Raider the only game that got patched? Every other game seems to have MAJOR problems, yet no one in authority seems to give a rat's ass.

Par for the course, I suppose. I hope that Lucasarts sees the mess you have made out of the Star Wars franchise and never lets you do another project for them.

I also hope that the rest of the gaming community sees how little you care for the consumer and boycotts you for life.

Smoker

vengence
1st May 2005, 05:14
i just go the game and it works fine for me :S im using an acer ferarri laptop and a custom desktop and it works perfect on both

on the laptop my specs are 3000+ amd athlon, raideon 9700 and xp pro

on the desktop its a 2500+ amd athlon, raideon 9600 AIW pro and xp home with an asus motherboard

Smoker6
4th May 2005, 16:31
I took my copy of Project: Snowblind, along with a few printed out pages from THIS FORUM that I had selected, back to Wal-mart, where I had purchased it, and spoke to a manager. The manager agreed that if they weren't going to make a patch then it was a defective product. He marked it as defective and allowed me to get a game that cost the same or more as Project: Snowblind.

There is JUSTICE!! Eidos has now made zero money off of me!! Wal-mart will send the game back to the company as defective, and Eidos will be forced to refund Wal-mart.

I feel better, now.

The game I got in return for the defective one is Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.

Nice to have a game that's supported. :D

Smoker

Raven5655
5th May 2005, 15:33
WalMart, the evil empire of retail. Destroyer of small businesses. Exploiter of low income employees. New arbiter of quality of video games. Gee, thanks. :mad:

I guess I don't blame you smoker, but I friggin hate WalMart. I also wish you had had a little more patience. Every great game I've ever had has had at least TWO patches to fix sometimes major problems, and they never arrived quickly enough to suit everyone.