PDA

View Full Version : please sign for RTW

HellAngel_666
21st Apr 2005, 21:41
rtw petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/rtw/petition.html

Emperor Asrailius
21st Apr 2005, 22:30
and why do we care aboot this petition. what does it have to do with IG :confused:

BANANAMAN
21st Apr 2005, 22:32
and why do we care aboot this petition. what does it have to do with IG :confused:

Nothing, nada, niente, nix, zero. :D

Cro_Knight
21st Apr 2005, 22:41
to whom does it affect and what is its purpose

saddletank
22nd Apr 2005, 12:11
Because people here play IG, and a zillion other RTS games, so some will play RTW.

I had hoped the petition was to ask CA to make a Napoleon:Total War game but it seems not.

I agree it is off topic and therefore probably comes under the generic and baleful classification of spam.

Tenjo_Kalle
22nd Apr 2005, 13:26
Well if anything the list of that petition shows there are many gamers who would most likely be intrested in Imperial Glory if it turns out to be a good wargame - and you all know by this time what is necessery to include in the game.

Balance, morale, rock - paper - scissors, fatigue and so on...

Kalle

mob
22nd Apr 2005, 16:19
i signed it a while ago ca are driving me mad i doubt ill be able to play the expansion anyway cause of the 1.2 bugs being so bad on uninstallation

saddletank
22nd Apr 2005, 21:09
What is the planned expansion? I've not uninstalled it so haven't encountered those problems, what are they please?

I found v1.2 very good, a big improvement on v1.1, although I play R:TR now.

That AI lifting sieges on save/reload bug is a real pain in the neck though.

mob
22nd Apr 2005, 21:13
1.2 was the worst patch any game ever saw

kid sp is a pile of **** once you play online you frustrate me with taht gay sp rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

saddletank
22nd Apr 2005, 21:26
1.2 was the worst patch any game ever saw

What you have written is demonstrably untrue. We all know 1.2 introduced new problems but it also fixed a lot more. On balance 1.2 is a beter game than 1.1. BTW I don't play MP, I'm talking about the SP game only.

kid sp is a pile of **** once you play online you frustrate me with taht gay sp rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Some like MP, some like SP. You play it your way dude, I'll play it mine but don't criticise others who just hold different values. To me MP isn't wargaming or any kind of historical game because players just do daft stuff and exploit software loopholes or bugs and win by silly methods. Not tactics and not by playing historically. Unless you play in a formal group like I used to for years with AoS and Sea Lords, then you got some good MP games going.

mob
22nd Apr 2005, 22:17
they are called clans and

What you have written is demonstrably untrue. We all know 1.2 introduced new problems but it also fixed a lot more. On balance 1.2 is a beter game than 1.1..

i laugh at you my friend i laugh very hard

cav are way too good
cav couldnt kill a unit head on back then
sure they may be able to now but not then horses were pretty **** then
no way is 1.2 better not a chance i cant put it in words maybe im just stupid but i cant put in words how stupid that comment is

Grasshopper
23rd Apr 2005, 06:38
Try Rome:Total Realism mod, you wont look back, also the team responsible for the Napoleonic:Total War mod for Medieval:Total war (one of the greatest mods of all time) are currently working on a Napoleonic mod for Rome:Total War.

mob
23rd Apr 2005, 08:01
if you havent seen the kahn mod i can understand you liking them

it looks amazing i mean really better then rtw itself

saddletank
23rd Apr 2005, 12:19
cav couldnt kill a unit head on back then

Um, were you there? You'd need to qualify that statement a little I think.

Have you actually played R:TW? Have you tried to charge head on a unit of cavalry into a formed cohesive enemy heavy infantry unit? Because if you do the cavalry will lose. However if you apply a bit of tactical thought to the problem and move your cavalry around the flank and soften up the enemy with some skirmishers or missile troops so their morale is dented or their cohesion compromised and then send in your cavalry it will be a different story. Exactly as it should be, exactly as it has always been throughout history. The best use of cavalry, especially light cavalry, is when the enemy is already broken and running and you can chase them down.

R:TW seems to replicate real history and tactical application OK to me.

sure they may be able to now but not then horses were pretty **** then

Ah, so you're an expert on the history of horse breeding, training and the equine weapon in ancient combat and society. Sorry I didn't know that, please forgive me I'm arguing from a position of hopeless ignorance.

no way is 1.2 better not a chance i cant put it in words maybe im just stupid but i cant put in words how stupid that comment is

If you are unable to articulate your views and back them up with some examples from gameplay maybe you should refrain from making such sweeping statements in the first place.

And don't be rude to me or insult me, I'll let the moderators know if you do. Do please try and use discussion on these forums instead of your normal insulting homophobic language.