PDA

View Full Version : Rifles??

Ginger
21st Apr 2005, 13:04
Just had a look at this game- it looks good. Nice balance of strategy and tactics. Only one slight bug. great britains rifles have GREEN JACKETS! They aint redcoats, thats for sure.

Only mentioning this becasue the rifles are my favorite napoleonic unit, it would be a pity to have them in the wrong colours!

Cheers

Tenjo_Kalle
21st Apr 2005, 13:31
How can you call it good strategies and tactics when it does not include basic wargame fetures such as morale??

In the desertgame first come the enemy cavalry - it gets shot down to last man. Then come infantry and same happens to that.

In the smaller battle the enemy lets you cross the river without opposing you. They let you form up in position withough opposing you. Finally when one fires the first artillery rounds the enemy cavalry charges head in. And a bit after comes the infantry.

The only tactical things I found so far is that it pays off to deploy good in the desert scenario. You will slaughter the enemy suffering very few own casulites if this is done properly - and this is good - it should cost to attack uphill vs prepared enemy.

The other tactic is pretending to charge enemy inf with your cavalry - this makes enemy inf form square whhile your own inf and art shoot the enemy to pieces. Once the enemy inf go out of squareformation - make another fake cav charge. Works all the time.

The game needs more tactics and better enemy and moralesystem!!!!

Kalle

(green or whatever color jackets is nonissue compared to these things)

BANANAMAN
21st Apr 2005, 14:03
Poor Ginger, is Tenjo trying to smash your thread also with his morale-system stuff?

What a partybreaker, isnt he? :mad:

Tenjo_Kalle
21st Apr 2005, 14:49
I aint smashing it. I just give my point of view on what is problematic with the game. I also agree that it is good if they can make as many details as possible correct and nice to view.

Kalle

=95th=Greenjacket
25th Apr 2005, 21:48
ginger

the 95th rifle regiment were the only regiment to wear green in the british army because they were the best

http://www.95rifles.myfreebb.com/profile.php

timspork
26th Apr 2005, 13:29
ginger
the 95th rifle regiment were the only regiment to wear green in the british army because they were the best

Your wrong. The 60th "American" Rifles also wore green jackets. Thiers had red facings while the 95th had black facings. Also several units of the King's German Leigon, part of the British army, wore green jackets and were equiped with rifles.

=95th=Greenjacket
26th Apr 2005, 23:37
yea but i was on about just the britsih,
o thanx btw i neva knew the americans wore green tho i did no about the kings german leigion

timspork
27th Apr 2005, 15:20
We the amrican Rifle Regiments, the 1st through 4th did wear green hunting frocks, But the 60th American Rifles was a British Regiment that was formed in the Revolution by Loyalists. After the war they went to England and served in in the *****lua war. The 95th's 2 batallion fought mainly in Regiment strenght but the 60th had somewhere near 12 companies and fought wherever a company of riflemen where needed. They had the exact training and equipment of the 95th and where entirely a British regiment. The Kings German Legion where also British units of germans loyal to the crown. So I was also talking about just the English units. Not to mention there where Cavalry units in England that wore green also.

=95th=Greenjacket
27th Apr 2005, 17:35
lol ok sorry, i knew that there were american rifle men but dint no they wore green and i knew them and the kings german leigon fought for the british, yea british cavs wore lots of colours think the light dragoons wore blue, the lifegaurds wore red an i dnt no which wore green lol