PDA

View Full Version : problems won't go away...

LeX84
20th Apr 2005, 19:27
Hello.. i'm having problems with the game :confused:
when i launch the game (the demo as well) it goes dramaticly , it starts with the intro cinematics from Eidos and Crystal.... and the menu and the game itself... it's running 2fps or something like that... i have tried a lot of stuff to fix my problem but with no succes... i have tried some settings from the setup screen and also a lot of drivers for my FX5500... but with no succes either... can anybody help my please... i want to play the game ... my system specs are as follow;
P4 2400XP
768 DDR 400
XFX 5500 (a lot of drivers)
Audigy Live 5.1 (updated drivers)
help me please...

sorry for my bad english... i'm from the NL... :o

jaywalker2309
20th Apr 2005, 19:41
Hello.. i'm having problems with the game :confused:
when i launch the game (the demo as well) it goes dramaticly , it starts with the intro cinematics from Eidos and Crystal.... and the menu and the game itself... it's running 2fps or something like that... i have tried a lot of stuff to fix my problem but with no succes... i have tried some settings from the setup screen and also a lot of drivers for my FX5500... but with no succes either... can anybody help my please... i want to play the game ... my system specs are as follow;
P4 2400XP
768 DDR 400
XFX 5500 (a lot of drivers)
Audigy Live 5.1 (updated drivers)
help me please...

sorry for my bad english... i'm from the NL... :o
So are the development team behind the game :)

Silly question have you got a game controller plugged in? or installed but NOT plugged in?

Aris666
20th Apr 2005, 19:50
If you have a gamepad that you unplugged you have to plug it again to make the game work properly thats what i did when the game starts with 8fps all the time, if you dont have a gamepad i cant help you anymore.

LeX84
20th Apr 2005, 19:54
hey... no i do not use a controller or what so ever.... when i wanna use a controller i will use my xbox... :)

But i just don't understand how it is possible that a game won't run.... have no experience with any other problem on other games like half life 2 , doom3 and many more.... just don't get it... my system specs are high enough...

what could be the problem.. or isn't it my problem , but do they just have to work on better drivers or a patch....?? :confused:

Pistol
22nd Apr 2005, 07:36
the game needs a patch and i don't think one will be released anytime soon soooooooooooo return the game, get your $ back and buy a better game like BF VIETNAM for just $19 :)

LeX84
22nd Apr 2005, 13:44
the game needs a patch and i don't think one will be released anytime soon soooooooooooo return the game, get your $ back and buy a better game like BF VIETNAM for just $19 :)

I've already got Vietnam...and many more games... also, a refund is'nt an option... :(

i just have to sit back and relax with other stuff untill there is a patch... if there is gonna be a patch at all.... :confused:

but thanks for the idea... it's great... :)

Cell9song
22nd Apr 2005, 19:17
I've already got Vietnam...and many more games... also, a refund is'nt an option... :(

i just have to sit back and relax with other stuff untill there is a patch... if there is gonna be a patch at all.... :confused:

but thanks for the idea... it's great... :)

chalk it up to an expensive lesson, that being not to purchase an Eidos game until well after the shipping date so as to allow other chu......ahhh.....customers do the beta testing. When it DOES come out buy it used so Eidos doesn't get the proceeds of the sale directly. Do this until the loss we took from Project Snowblind is paid in full.

DXman
22nd Apr 2005, 20:31
just boycott eidos. dont buy anything from them again. that'll shown to ignore us, the consumers. snowblind will be the last game that i have purchased from eidos. i couldnt refund the game, only exchange it for the same title, so i sold it on ebay for $10. $10 should've been the official retail price for this piece of crap.

Smoker6
22nd Apr 2005, 21:55
We've all bought the game. None of us can return it (unless you have a friend that can mark it defective like somebody else did...). It's too late to boycott. We've already lost our money.

We've posted crash information, we've tried to explain the problem, we've been polite, and we've been rude.

Not only is it too late to boycott, it's also too late for for any kind of close-knitt online community to grow from this (Maybe a no-patch support group?). We all feel that we've been burned. It's nearly too late for a patch as those that have the game and can't return it have either gone back to old fave's or bought a new shiny thing to ease the pain.

The best we can hope for now, is that they actually are going to make a patch. After all this time, though, I am very doubtful it will happen. The game has been out (and defective) for nearly 2 months. If they haven't done anything by now, chances are pretty good they won't.

Now that I've said that, prove me wrong and I'll be happy to apologize. Hell, just give us a release date on a patch, and I'll apologize.

In the meantime, I recommend Unreal 2004. It's everything this game is not, which is to say, it's complete.

Smoker

DXman
27th Apr 2005, 19:55
any battlefield game sucks. they should stop making it.

Cell9song
27th Apr 2005, 22:43
BF Vietnam sucks like you, that game is not even worth playing or worth my time.

On the contrary, BF:V has a mod called "Point of Existence" that is basically a refined version of the Desert Combat mod for BF42. Excellent stuff. I urge you to try it. :D

Aris666
28th Apr 2005, 04:15
any battlefield game sucks. they should stop making it.
yep your definitely right, i think the game is the most boring fps game i ever played.

LeX84
21st May 2005, 16:09
hello guys....

i just wanna ask anyone if they got any ideas for me to try or whatever...i'm sick of waiting for the 'patch' :confused: to com out... cause i don't believe there is gonna be a patch at all...

anybody has ideas for me to try out so i can play my game...?? cause it still does'nt work...

please help :D

XP2400
768 ddr 400
Geforce FX 5500 256 MB ( a lot of 'up to date' drivers)
Audigy live 5.1 (up to date drivers)

thanks...
Lex

Aris666
22nd May 2005, 18:24
I think your only option is to reformat your hard drive and hope it will run properly :) .

crazygolf
23rd May 2005, 21:49
I think your only option is to reformat your hard drive and hope it will run properly :) .

aris said the above, but get a small h/d and put a basic xp build without sp2 on it and all the drivers you require. That might help you Lex