PDA

View Full Version : 2000units limitation must be reconsidered

warobserver
18th Apr 2005, 09:10
As someone posted lots of threads below about how to mod, yes i have been experiencing the same way. And i found something enough to confirm about this game capacity. that or those r follows

1. 2000 units limitation-maybe at once in battlemap, not sure there be reinforcement system or not though-must be reconsidered. i modded the demo in order for me to use more units like other u guys, and that is over 2000, even 3000, 4000...but i don't see any problem with that!!!. it means that pyro making his work something sux without any reasonable and pratical cause. and the capacity that this game has is absolutely over 2000. please take a note more->this computer spec is NOT! high end one. it's just average running with average spec

2. about the gameplay. something is wrong or lack of pucntion when playing the game. example, giving order a specific units or group is hard to set in time, cuz user can only use mouse and must turn on interface below. As a word...that is really inconvient...they must think of this more.

3. ah...no more found yet but just this game deserves big hit..!. really great. without the things about gameplay and the unecessary units limitation, i be happy to buy this game.

sick
18th Apr 2005, 10:07
If you go over a certain amount of troops the troop cards on the bottom of the screen won't show all troops. Neither you can click on the "tactics" button which comes in handy sometimes.

You can place a maximum of 3 commanders in a province, and a 4th one as reinforcements. The amount of troops a commander can command depends on its rank. So that's another thing that limits the maximum amount of troops on the map; it's not only because of the limitations of the engine.

(type name here)
1st May 2005, 22:57
Is it possible to remove the unit limit threw modding? :)

Villaret-Joyeuse
2nd May 2005, 03:34
I understand what you are trying to say, Sick, however the limit of 2000 is ridiculus.

Here are some "small" Battles:
Montenotte (1796) - French 9,000; Piedmontese 6,000
Oporto (1809) - French 11,000; British 17,000
Barrosa (1811) - French 7,000l; Spanish/British 15,000
Vauchamps (1814) - French 25,000; Prussians 20,000
Quatre Bras (1815)- French ~20,000; British upto 17,000

This 2,000 man limit is just absurd!

That is not an army that is a large regiment or a really weak brigade.

saddletank
2nd May 2005, 12:11
I hear what you are saying Villaret-Joyeuse, however I have played all the TW games released so far and those permit a maximum of 4800 per army, plus a second army can be standing behind the field awaiting to come on as reinforcements. That gives a total possible maximum of 19200 men on the map with half that number fighting.

However it feels like a lot more than 4800 in your army.

The wargamers mind does funny things with small units and imagines them to be much bigger than they are. When I game with miniatures a unit of 24 metal castings is easily percieved as a 3000 man brigade, the same happens in computer games even though each man is animated individually.

So in IG even though you have a 2000 man limit I imagine it will feel like you're commanding a much larger force, although no way is any PC game currently in development going to give us Leipzig at 1:1 scale, even using 2D sprites. Be patient and give it 5 or at most 10 years.

I'm an old wrinkly and won't live to see the ultimate in computer development but I envy you youngsters who will experience amazing entertainment on the PC in 20-30 years time.

mob
2nd May 2005, 12:34
As someone posted lots of threads below about how to mod, yes i have been experiencing the same way. And i found something enough to confirm about this game capacity. that or those r follows

1. 2000 units limitation-maybe at once in battlemap, not sure there be reinforcement system or not though-must be reconsidered. i modded the demo in order for me to use more units like other u guys, and that is over 2000, even 3000, 4000...but i don't see any problem with that!!!. it means that pyro making his work something sux without any reasonable and pratical cause. and the capacity that this game has is absolutely over 2000. please take a note more->this computer spec is NOT! high end one. it's just average running with average spec.

are you sugesting that we can have games with 24,000 troups?

warobserver
2nd May 2005, 15:25
are you sugesting that we can have games with 24,000 troups?

You got me wrong. why that suggestion equal to 24,000 units? why ain't that equal to just a more bit?;i'd say 3000, 4000, 5000.

i didn't mean this game battle scale or unit size must be equivalent 'cossack2' i just request the developers had better set unit size according to the sort of option that user can select before game start like total war. 24,000 yea looks great if possible...but if i can have 5000 in a battle map, i'd be more happy than when i have just 1000 friendly units.

mob
2nd May 2005, 15:53
aaaaah i kinda get you
but still we need groups obviusly its amazing they dont have them will make play so much more frustrating