PDA

View Full Version : Spain As A Playable Nation

Berdan
17th Apr 2005, 21:14
Spain (http://img136.echo.cx/my.php?image=spainnation6yl.jpg)

I have most infantry & cavalry units working for spain, no artillery yet.

Lt.Phoenix
17th Apr 2005, 21:28
nice! thanks again berdan

Lt.Phoenix
17th Apr 2005, 21:29
how did you get the recruits in?

Berdan
17th Apr 2005, 21:48
currently I have all 5 main nations working (Britain, France, Austria, Prussia, & Russia) the other countries were never intended to be played as they are considered neutral countries by the game engine. Hopefully, I will be able to get all neutral countries working though some units under certain countries are proving difficult.

P.S. if any talented artists out there want to start making skins for these countries, now would be a good time. ;)

HellAngel_666
17th Apr 2005, 21:56
keep up the good work. great idea for teh spanish. though i think it would be better to have them great marksman and poor melee fighters... as gurellies fighters were. (have you found a way to change the units attack?)

Berdan
17th Apr 2005, 22:21
keep up the good work. great idea for teh spanish. though i think it would be better to have them great marksman and poor melee fighters... as gurellies fighters were. (have you found a way to change the units attack?)

no, these are all real units that will be in the full version, the Spanish Gurrillas are considered the elite infantry unit for Spain. they may adjust their stats in the full version though.

in other news i have successfully gotten a new nation working, Ottoman Empire Arabian Line Infantry (http://img84.echo.cx/my.php?image=arabianinfantry7mr.jpg)

HellAngel_666
17th Apr 2005, 22:30
SWEET! great job! also do you know the stats for peasants...(i saw one in your screen) just wanted to plan what i'm going to build. if peasants out do in melee like 50 something then i'll make em but if there like 3 then there a waste of time!

Berdan
17th Apr 2005, 22:50
militia are very good at melee (rating of 6), especially with large quantities. you need alotta firepower to repulse a large miltia attack.

i just played a scenario that involved

Ottoman Empire - me
1 Line Infantry
1 Light Infantry
1 Miltia
Total 180
VS

Prussia -CPU
7 Miltia
Total 420

I barely won, if I hadn't put my Arabian Light Infantry in the house they would've all gotten slaughtered. it was fun though :D

Irish2
17th Apr 2005, 23:02
This game is looking better by the day! I really hope the CPU AI is good. Its cool that other Neutral nations have unique units even though you cannot play them.

Hopefully Neutral nations band together and form coalitions along with Britain, etc.

HellAngel_666
17th Apr 2005, 23:10
damn only 6... but then again you held off 480 people with only 180! you should put all your mods together in one pack. (the .bat files would act as the nation changers....) great job with the mods though!

also you think the generals are modable? i was thinking of changing them to allow for ultiment armys of 20! :-) with 3 generals a nice 60 unit fest! :D can't wait to look at those navel files though 4 ships seems small it must be modable!

Lt.Phoenix
18th Apr 2005, 02:30
so they have melee of 6? and armour of 9 or 34?

Berdan
18th Apr 2005, 02:45
so they have melee of 6? and armour of 9 or 34?

armor of 18

Lt.Phoenix
18th Apr 2005, 02:56
alright, thnx

Berdan
18th Apr 2005, 04:27
*UPDATE

I can confirm that the following neutral countries are playable although not all units can be used at current time.

Spain
Ottoman Empire
Egypt
Two Sicilies
Denmark
Sweden
Portugal

I still have 12 more nations to work on i will let you all know as soon as i have verified the others.

-Berdan :cool:

BFawlty
18th Apr 2005, 05:32
Great work on this thanks.

BF

sick
18th Apr 2005, 10:11
currently I have all 5 main nations working (Britain, France, Austria, Prussia, & Russia) the other countries were never intended to be played as they are considered neutral countries by the game engine.

The other countries are playable in the game. When you capture a province you will be able to recruit the local types of troops in that province.

The easiest way of killing that many Militia is having some Cavalry to attack them, really fun. ;)

Wassup, Basil?

mob
18th Apr 2005, 15:34
irish 2 add me to your msn

Les The Lionheart
18th Apr 2005, 15:51
Well done Brendon. If you want any research on the time period done I am happy to help.

Berdan
19th Apr 2005, 04:23
*UPDATE

I can now add the following neutral nations as playable to the list.

Lombardy
Piedmont
Papal State
Helvetian R.
Hanover

7 more countries to go.

Berdan
20th Apr 2005, 01:29
*UPDATE

Artwork on the nation of Spain has started. I'd like to show off a new unit. One of our artists the talented Pablo has designed these Spanish Artillerymen heres how they look after I tweaked them. Spanish Artillerymen (http://img201.echo.cx/my.php?image=spanishartillerymen9pn.jpg)

Spanish Units (http://img201.echo.cx/my.php?image=spanishunits4qx.jpg)

What do you all think?

Zeus Commander
20th Apr 2005, 01:38
Wow, sweet but how are you modding the game before it has even come out yet? Did it even go gold yet? Well anyway good work on the modding

Berdan
20th Apr 2005, 02:13
Wow, sweet but how are you modding the game before it has even come out yet? Did it even go gold yet? Well anyway good work on the modding

modding the demo at the moment but this should all be compatiable with the full version.

Irish2
20th Apr 2005, 04:50
*UPDATE

Artwork on the nation of Spain has started. I'd like to show off a new unit. One of our artists the talented Pablo has designed these Spanish Artillerymen heres how they look after I tweaked them. Spanish Artillerymen (http://img201.echo.cx/my.php?image=spanishartillerymen9pn.jpg)

Spanish Units (http://img201.echo.cx/my.php?image=spanishunits4qx.jpg)

What do you all think?

They look great to me. How many nations in total are there? Will you be modding all the nations? Can you get inside the program to change their stats as well as the uniforms?

Berdan
20th Apr 2005, 05:01
They look great to me. How many nations in total are there? Will you be modding all the nations? Can you get inside the program to change their stats as well as the uniforms?

there is a total of 24 nations, at the moment i can confirm 17 of them are possible to play. i'm confident all nations will be but i haven't had time to confirm the others yet. the uniforms are simple to mod as they are just textures & animation files. the stats of the units aren't fully understood yet i may pursue this for when we have the full version. still much to learn, will keep you all up to date on my findings. cheers! :cool:

Irish2
20th Apr 2005, 05:08
there is a total of 24 nations, at the moment i can confirm 17 of them are possible to play. i'm confident all nations will be but i haven't had time to confirm the others yet. the uniforms are simple to mod as they are just textures & animation files. the stats of the units aren't fully understood yet i may pursue this for when we have the full version. still much to learn, will keep you all up to date on my findings. cheers! :cool:

What do you mean when you say 17 of them are possible to play? Do you mean that we can use them in skirmish mode?

Or do you mean that we can select them as a playable nation in conquor Europe mode? If we could use all of them in conquor europe mode that would add a ton to the replayability of the game.

How many land provinces are there in the strategic mode? Are most of these countries only going to have 1 province at the beginning of the game? From the map I have seen, it looks like France has 6, Britain 3, etc? It looks like Russia needs more provinces. It should take a long campaign to conquor Russia IMO.

Keep up the good work.

Berdan
20th Apr 2005, 05:14
What do you mean when you say 17 of them are possible to play? Do you mean that we can use them in skirmish mode?

Or do you mean that we can select them as a playable nation in conquor Europe mode? If we could use all of them in conquor europe mode that would add a ton to the replayability of the game.

How many land provinces are there in the strategic mode? Are most of these countries only going to have 1 province at the beginning of the game? From the map I have seen, it looks like France has 6, Britain 3, etc? It looks like Russia needs more provinces. It should take a long campaign to conquor Russia IMO.

Keep up the good work.

i mean possible to play all these nations right now in battle mode in the demo. i can't promise you anything that features in the full version yet as i don't have it in front of me to work on but theoretically i don't see why you couldn't mod it to play all nations in all the different play modes.

screamingpalm
20th Apr 2005, 06:01
Great job as usual Berdan, one question though...didn't the regular Spanish line troops wear the bicorne? I'm assuming from the white uni's that those are regular line.

Berdan
20th Apr 2005, 11:36
Great job as usual Berdan, one question though...didn't the regular Spanish line troops wear the bicorne? I'm assuming from the white uni's that those are regular line.

actually those are the grenadiers, i'll provide a closer pic when time permits..off to work at the moment :(

screamingpalm
21st Apr 2005, 01:36
actually those are the grenadiers, i'll provide a closer pic when time permits..off to work at the moment :(

Ah ok...but the grenadiers wore the bearskin. Really I was wondering if there are limits to what is moddable.

Gabriel de Araceli
21st Apr 2005, 01:51
See the post "Ni idea de ingl├ęs" for a better try of those grenadiers.

Gabriel de Araceli
21st Apr 2005, 02:55
Maybe britons need four of those weak british horses to move that lightweight canon... :D

Horse Horse Artillery (http://img259.echo.cx/my.php?image=horsehorseartillery5nm.jpg)

saddletank
21st Apr 2005, 08:50
Nice job. Is it possible to mod the gun/limber model so that the horses pull it the right way round (barrel facing backwards?). Or would that confuse the unit when it deployed so the guns faced the wrong way?

Gabriel de Araceli
21st Apr 2005, 10:15
well, I think those 3D animations, models and behavior of the units are defined in files that actually I cannot edit. That would be work for a "professional modder".

That's the problem for having models with bicorne. As far as there are not bicorne models in the demo (and not expected for the full version) we cannot have units with that, and only can skin existing ones.

Shearer9
21st Apr 2005, 13:27
so which nations are availible to play?

Berdan
21st Apr 2005, 14:16
so which nations are availible to play?

All 24 are capabale to play. some units of the 24 nations (neutral nations) are not available at press time unfortunately.

Akkra
21st May 2005, 00:25
So how is this coming along for the full version of the game Berdan?

Fantastic work btw, you and your modding team's efforts are greatly appreciated

Thrust123
21st May 2005, 11:04
Berdan, nice work. This really will add to this game. I just hope they eventually get around to modding other stuff like some sort of morale system etc. :)

ptan54
21st May 2005, 14:56
This is excellent work. Where would this mod be available?

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 17:08
so will there be extra units dto download.

Mister BeanX
18th Jun 2008, 17:55
I can't find a good download link for this mod

My internet always says the sites are forbidden or page not found

can somebody download this link and send it by e-mail?

Please help me :)

Serdal
21st Jun 2008, 10:46
uhm great, but where can i download the mod???