PDA

View Full Version : New Screenshots at TR.com

yesrushdt
12th Apr 2005, 17:19
This game looks f'n amazing! CD has definitely exceeded my wildest expectations from what I've seen thus far. They even have the original TR1 title screen theme music up at the site. SWEEEEEEEET. :D

http://img167.echo.cx/img167/5999/tr7boss5og.jpg

http://img167.echo.cx/img167/1984/tr7waterfall9lq.jpg

imported_Mark_
12th Apr 2005, 17:33
What???????? I cannot access the site yet!!! :eek:

linden
12th Apr 2005, 17:36
erm.... looks pretty bull**** to me :rolleyes:

LARAMANIAC
12th Apr 2005, 17:56
:mad: :mad: What I want to know is why the hell I have to pretend to be from the US or Canada to access this site??????? :mad: :mad: Lara is British!!!!!!! :mad:

Other than that, and after I pretended to come from California, the screenshots are beautiful, Lara is gorgeous, and the 3D screen is fantastic, breathtaking!!! Gaaaaawd I can't wait!!!! ;)

Tipsko
12th Apr 2005, 18:18
I find the fake mountains on the waterfall screenshot ugly, terrible to see they will use not-fitting 2d backgrounds :(

it looks ok, but there aren't too much good screenshots. I can't say I've gotten much wiser yet...

Bullet ridden monkey
12th Apr 2005, 18:54
There seem to be some clipping problems with Lara's ponytail, and I'm wondering why exactly she isn't actually holding the guns in that blue-sweater screenshot.

Aside from that, what is shown on the website makes me giddy.

Good job Crystal Dynamics, you caught on to what Tomb Raider was about!

Notts Raider
12th Apr 2005, 19:25
Yeah, our Lara's back :D And she's looking better than ever

MissLara2U
12th Apr 2005, 19:40
Looks great!

My only criticism is that the shorts in one particular shot are SO short they look like a bikini.

Apart from that. Great stuff!

M.

Katie_Fleming
12th Apr 2005, 20:02
The 3D was a good idea - but the graphics behind it look terrible. They would have looked good 3 years ago .... hopefully they're a placeholder right now.

As for the Lara pictures. They're not bad. I still am not completely satistifed with her face - it's too round compared to the Lara we know. Some of the shots are a little better though.

Her shorts might as well be underwear. Is she really supposed to run, climb, jump, and crawl around in those?

The picture with the blue-ish looking shirt -- looks like Cate Archer in a way. Those pictures look pretty bad.

All in all? I'm not too impressed. Will have to wait for more updates...

TheMask
12th Apr 2005, 20:09
The theme did bring sweet memories, can't express how much I was glad to hear it. Lara is simply adorable, better than ever before. The model is great. The atmosphere is incredible. I'm one of those who's really happy to see Lara's new episode in a classic way. Can't wait till the game is released :)

dhama
12th Apr 2005, 20:43
Hi Mask... where you been hiding mate. :D nice to see you around again.

And Katie, keep up the good work with the stories, The two i've read were very good, and I don't normally read fiction..... but I forgot LOL, Lara is real ;)

As for the pics, not bad, but I would like to have seen an enemy or two. ;)

Notts Raider
12th Apr 2005, 20:56
As for the Lara pictures. They're not bad. I still am not completely satistifed with her face - it's too round compared to the Lara we know. Some of the shots are a little better though.

If you gave Lara her center parting back you would hardly be able to tell

http://img193.exs.cx/img193/293/newlaraoldhair1jf.jpg

Johnny
12th Apr 2005, 21:01
The 3D was a good idea - but the graphics behind it look terrible. They would have looked good 3 years ago. All in all? I'm not too impressed. Will have to wait for more updates...

I couldn't help but think the same thing... :(

Notts Raider
12th Apr 2005, 21:02
I couldn't help but think the same thing... :(

The detail has probably been reduced to keep the download to a reasonable sized file.

maybe you should go back and look at the older stuff to compare, I have and found these to be far more detailed

LaraAngelOfDarkness
12th Apr 2005, 21:56
Well, well, well.......so many picky people here today(for a game that isn't even finished). To comment on the mountain picture in the background, you do know that mist is rising off the waterfall and casting fog over the background? It probably gives of an affect of being low quality, or it could just be that the picture taken just doesn't do it justice at all. I usually don't judge games based on pictures, because until you see a game in full motion you can't get the full impact of what is being shown. As for Lara's shorts, they are no different than what Angelina wore in the first movie. I agree with Notts Raider about the shape of Lara's head, Its just that Lara has it parted differently than before making it seem like her head is shaped weird. The only problems I see with the game so far are just the two clipping problems visible in the screen shots(hair and guns). Personally I think that the game looks great so far and will only get better.

LARAMANIAC
12th Apr 2005, 22:41
It's nice to see the merest hint of a new Tomb Raider game and the old faces return! ;)

Nice to see you!! ;)

GoranAgar
13th Apr 2005, 04:25
To comment on the mountain picture in the background, you do know that mist is rising off the waterfall and casting fog over the background?
Hence the rainbow.

Well, well, well.......so many picky people here today
They are always here. And they won't go away. :rolleyes:

Herege
13th Apr 2005, 04:41
It seems the graphs of LoK:Defiance, I think they are using the same engine... These mountains seem of the Pillars of Nosgoth, it uses the same mountain picture in the background.

John Carter
13th Apr 2005, 10:48
[QUOTE=GoranAgar]Hence the rainbow.

Snark! :D My thoughts exactly.

I for one am way, way happy with what I've seen thus far. The environment is just fine and dandy with me, I note the mist is not all uniform and changes as you pan around the screen, very life-like.

GoranAgar
13th Apr 2005, 12:09
You people did notice that she is using two guns again? So what is there to complain about? Any more unreasonable complaining about nothing will be deleted from now on. It has been going on for years now and I am so tired of it.

Deekman
13th Apr 2005, 12:37
The effect of the waterfall pouring down whilst the mist rose up was pretty
cool in the 3-D motion sample.
Good to hear some classic Tomb Raider tunes at the site as well.

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Apr 2005, 14:04
wow...wow...WOW!!!!!
It all looks truly amazing!

I cannot wait to see the finished game!

midroth
13th Apr 2005, 14:23
You people did notice that she is using two guns again? So what is there to complain about? Any more unreasonable complaining about nothing will be deleted from now on. It has been going on for years now and I am so tired of it.
Yes, I did! :D And the rainbow and the 3 birds...
All very "yes" for me. There is real hope.

(Ohhh, my fingernails...)

Acceber
13th Apr 2005, 15:17
Wow, that site update was worth waiting for. New Lara... new great Lara, (good old Lara!) - what an exciting prospect! Consider my appetite well and truly whetted. There is more than enough there to feast on until the site unfolds further... indeed until the game is out. (but take your time, take your time...)

*itches to go exploring round those screenshot & 3d screen areas...*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Trance K
13th Apr 2005, 16:41
Love the new look tr.com, and those screenshots are lookin' mighty fine too! And two pistols...TWO PISTOLS! I missed that so much in the last game.

I can't wait to see more from this game! :D

Deckard
13th Apr 2005, 17:48
Lara looks geat! She seems to be in perfect shape and the tombraiderish atmosphere is caught perfectly in the screenshots - I just can't wait to explore these places! I haven't been too happy about TR beeing handed over to Crystal Dynamics - for no particular reason - but now I'm ready and willing to accept it as the probably wisest move Eidos could do. Now just add a few brainy puzzles and well hidden secrets, forget about the hand thingie and all's well again! Greatest comeback of the year, I'd say :D :D :D !

imported_Mark_
13th Apr 2005, 18:20
English and French sites added.

Notts Raider
14th Apr 2005, 00:06
Credit must be given to www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com)

Look at these babies:

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/7006/92021520050413screen00111gq.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/4599/92021520050413screen00212hz.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/9992/92021520050413screen00318yg.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/2343/92021520050413screen00419zl.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/4431/92021520050413screen00516yo.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/3351/92021520050413screen00615at.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/8111/92021520050413screen00716ow.jpg

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/1416/92021520050413screen00812ov.jpg

LuxAngel
14th Apr 2005, 00:19
There seem to be some clipping problems with Lara's ponytail, and I'm wondering why exactly she isn't actually holding the guns in that blue-sweater screenshot...
I kinda skipped over that picture because her face became unclear with the resizing.But I looked again after reading your post... You catch it all, don't you?

My Mom calls that a "fake-me-out" picture. :D Those guns do look 'slapped on' to her hands... Methinks it was a KrazyGlue job. lolol

Well, well, well.......so many picky people here today(for a game that isn't even finished)... I usually don't judge games based on pictures, because until you see a game in full motion you can't get the full impact of what is being shown.
LOLOL! Good point about the game still being in development. I agree also that the full motion of in-game play differs from still shots.

When I saw the 3D image at tombraider.com, I thought the background was loverly. :D If you pan to the spot where only a rocky area and lush greenery is behind her, the detail and crispness are --- well --- loverly. LOL! (I haven't a better word for it right now). ;)

These 2 images...

http://larashots.com/images/7/tr7_temple1.jpg http://larashots.com/images/7/tr7_temple2.jpg

give me the same feeling I got when I first saw this:

http://larashots.com/images/7/tr1credit.jpg

...They mystery, the ambience, the beauty--- the TOMBS!!!!! I am so excited about the new game!

midroth
14th Apr 2005, 00:33
Me, too... :)

Sophia Leigh
14th Apr 2005, 02:17
Seeing all these pictures make me anxious with anticipation. I really hope it isn't too long before the game is released!

BlueSkiesXXV
14th Apr 2005, 12:07
Thanks for sharing Notts Raider.
It is great to see such high quality pics (1024x768) without their web-site logo watermarking it.

Great Stuff!!!

GeorgeMaciver
14th Apr 2005, 12:25
I've been sparkling for the last two days. Looks like we've got our Lara back. Hopefully they'll make 2 or even 3 games this time before ditching the editor. And then maybe they'll even consider releasing the editor.

Good job and thanks to everyone for giving us Tomb Raider again.

8)

RaidR_84
14th Apr 2005, 18:12
I know where Lara is at in those pictures. She is in the South Pacific, probably in Asia somewhere.

I will leave you to find the details, but I guess I will give you a small clue...

BOXES.

It is in those pictures. Good luck... ;-) :cool:

Notts Raider
14th Apr 2005, 18:20

BOXES.

It is in those pictures. Good luck... ;-) :cool:

do ya mean that strange looking text that could be in a restaurant or warehouse in London's eastend :D

Tipsko
14th Apr 2005, 18:47

I´m sorry but I can´t find that much unreasonable complaining in this thread. I think that we have the right to give the new game some critisism, and I've only read fair critisism this far. Let's be fair, although I thought AOD was great (like all the other games) because of everyone's complaints they actually listened too, they are trying to make up for it with this new game.

and think of it, why is this called a discussion board? To share our thoughts on the game wether they are positive or negative.

Go on with the good job, CD, but please think some small details too

GoranAgar
14th Apr 2005, 19:13
I saw bashing, not discussion.

"I've only read fair critisism this far."
You might want to read through the thread again.

dhama
14th Apr 2005, 19:26
I´m sorry but I can´t find that much unreasonable complaining in this thread. I think that we have the right to give the new game some critisism, and I've only read fair critisism this far. Let's be fair, although I thought AOD was great (like all the other games) because of everyone's complaints they actually listened too, they are trying to make up for it with this new game.

and think of it, why is this called a discussion board? To share our thoughts on the game wether they are positive or negative.

I agree Tipsko, I have yet to hear anything unreasonable, this is the place to air views on the new Tomb Raider game.

Those people that make idiots of themselves when they critisise a game they have no interest in, are another matter... but this is a forum after all and people are given a certain amount of freedom, of speech.... within the TOU of course. ;)

I have one critisism myself on the current screenshots, but this is a critisism of most games. The main character.. i.e. Lara, does look like she's just been pasted into the scene... her colours look a little too cartoon like and ambient compared to that of the background, I personally would like to see better blending. ;)

GeorgeMaciver
14th Apr 2005, 20:20
Best graphics ever, best lighting ever, no one can deny that. I just hope the controls are the best ever too.

Superb job.

8)

LaraAngelOfDarkness
14th Apr 2005, 22:42
I just had a thought about the picture with Lara and the seemingly floating guns. What if she is doing something with them? I mean, what if she is flipping them around her index finger so she could throw them into her holster(like Angelina does in the movies)? I mean it is certainly possible, as Lara now stretches when left idle for a while. Maybe if you leave her idle with the guns, she just starts flipping them.

Anyways dhama, I guess I could see your ppoint of Lara sometimes looking pasted into the level. In the pictures that Notts Raider posted, the pictures that makes Lara shine make her look out of place.

Johnny
14th Apr 2005, 23:13

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Is this not the place to voice your own opinion about Tomb Raider, be it positive OR negative? Give me a break... :rolleyes: Have a nice day, GoranAgar.

Johnny
14th Apr 2005, 23:18
Well, well, well.......so many picky people here today(for a game that isn't even finished).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thank you. :rolleyes:

susan
14th Apr 2005, 23:22
My only criticism is that the shorts in one particular shot are SO short they look like a bikini.
Agreed ML2U, they'd look fine if she was starring in a pop video but... she's not. I find this outfit distracting and I hope for the final game they add more length to the top and the shorts.

On the other hand, I quite like the blue top, I think it goes well with her redder hair.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
15th Apr 2005, 00:25
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thank you. :rolleyes:

Sure they are, but we don't know what will be changed in the months ahead. I know some people don't like the outfit(because they don't think it is practical to wear in a dense and steamy jungle, go figure) and some people think her head is too round, but stuff like the hair and guns(if the guns aren't supposed to be doing that in the picture) will most likely be fixed way before release. Personally, I think the pictures are basically test screens that were made to keep TR fans from buring down Eidos Interactive due to lack of info on the game. :D

Most complaints about the game seem to be about Lara's clothing more than anything else and I still can't figure out why. The top is longer than that of her Tomb Raider 3 desert outfit top and the shorts seem to be the same type of material and length of the TR movie shorts. On other boards people say it is slutty looking or it's something Lara wouldn't wear(how would they know what she would really wear when she ain't real?). Maybe its just me but many people seem to act like they won't even buy the game because of the outfit(when we know good and well she has worn outfits like this in the past).*Note* I am not talking about specific people on this board who seem like this. All I'm trying to say is maybe we should wait until more info and maybe a gameplay video is released until we reserve judgement on a unfinished game. Well, that is just my opinion anyway.

susan
15th Apr 2005, 01:10
(because they don't think it is practical to wear in a dense and steamy jungle, go figure) Because of biting insects and other creatures, it's normally a good idea to be covered in the jungle and not wear teeny shorts where the leeches can get to your privates...

Also, from www.usaaf.net:

When the Americans first came to New Guinea and saw the Aussies wearing shorts and shirtsleeves cut off above the elbow, it appealed to them as a smart idea for that hot, humid, jungle service. Just as an experiment, I put long trousers and long-sleeved shirts on one squadron of a fighter group and shorts and short-sleeved shirts on another squadron for a month. At the end of the trial period, I had two cases of malaria in the long-trousered, long-sleeved squadron and sixty-two cases in the squadron wearing shorts. The evidence was good enough for the kids as well as me, so I issued the order [to wear long trousers and long sleeves].

The top is longer than that of her Tomb Raider 3 desert outfit top and the shorts seem to be the same type of material and length of the TR movie shorts.For me it's the combination of the very high cut top with the skimpy shorts - it makes her look half dressed.

The top in TR3 is teamed with trousers and the shorts in the film with a long top. I think if people don't like stuff they see now they should say because it gives the developers a chance to hear what people think before, rather than after, the point of no return.

jayel
15th Apr 2005, 02:39
She's BACK! With two guns, and mist and a rainbow, and birds! The environment looks so "Tomb Raiderish" it instantly brought on that old desire to explore for hours.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
15th Apr 2005, 03:39
Because of biting insects and other creatures, it's normally a good idea to be covered in the jungle and not wear teeny shorts where the leeches can get to your privates...

Also, from www.usaaf.net:

For me it's the combination of the very high cut top with the skimpy shorts - it makes her look half dressed.

The top in TR3 is teamed with trousers and the shorts in the film with a long top. I think if people don't like stuff they see now they should say because it gives the developers a chance to hear what people think before, rather than after, the point of no return.

I think you forget this is a videogame. Videogames offer an escape from the real world, where physics and logic are not needed. I'm sure there are many poisonous insects and such that could give Lara a fatal disease if she got a bite. You forget though, this is the game where you can fall off a high ledge(not break a leg) and just use a health pack and be all fine and dandy. I hate to bring this up again, but in Tomb Raider 3 Lara wore her original outfit in the jungle level and no one seemed to complain about that(at least I don't think so). Why is this such outfit so different? I've noticed that the top isn't as high cut as you might think it is. The front of the shirtis right above the belly button, just like the AOD shirt. The difference is the sides of the shirt make it seem higher than it is. The shorts are also like the AOD ones except fot two things:1.The AOD shorts were unbuttoned. 2.There are no rolled part of the shorts on the Legend shorts which make them seem extremely short. Well I don't want to drag this thing out, you have a right to your opinion. I will agree with you that maybe the shorts are little too short, but the outfit is still fine to me. Well, I hope we don't drag this thing out because I know that sometimes I question others opinions when I should just respect it. I just don't hope that later you don't want the game just because of one little outfit(when gameplay really matters).

GoranAgar
15th Apr 2005, 04:18
Videogames offer an escape from the real world, where physics and logic are not needed.
Thank you.

knightgames
15th Apr 2005, 06:03
Lara wears COLLARS? She's stylin' in the jungle!

I'm looking forward to the new game.
I've played the Legacy of Kain Series from CD. The last 2 weren't very exploratory. (compared to the first Soul Reaver game back in '99.) Still good games.

So I hope that CD will have a free roaming Lara that explores, climbs and goes wherever she needs to go to finish the game BUT TO ALSO GIVE THE GAMER the fun of EXPLORATION. Secrets, or even SECRET LEVELS would be great. Say taking the hard way around the waterfall instead of the front door would reward the player with a whole different annex of the temple to explore. This would or could lead up to where the story needs you to be, but now theres a different way to get there.
Or finding a secret would give the player gas for an exciting riverboat ride that would add to the dimension of the game. A longer rope to get to a high out of reach but visible opening to explore a new area. These areas aren't necessary but add to the thrill of exploration.

AoD could have had something like this with Lara's developing attributes. But instead of opening NEW secret areas it just helped her to finish the game. Imagine passing an opening in the church in Paris for example that you couldn't reach to explore but after playing and gaining strength you could go back to find all sorts of treasure.

I realize game and story need to be somewhat linear, but gameplay doesn't have to be.

My dilemna: do I play on PS or do I get my 1st computer TR game. Decisions decisions.

Oh, I know it's early to wonder about play mechanics but I wasn't thrilled with Lara's last control scheme in AoD. The last Legacy of Kain had somewhat unweildy controls. The angle was isometric (3/4 view) and made going straight or lining up jumps an excersize in frustration. Once you were used to it it got better, but on a whole not great.
Lara needs to be 3rd person behind her. The older control scheme wasn't perfect but it was pretty darn good.

Oh............... and I want a T REX.

GeorgeMaciver
15th Apr 2005, 09:08
People are complaining about reality? There are no such things as T Rexs and raptors in the real world. There are no Yetis either. Come to think of it, there no mutant horsemen that chuck fireballs at you, no mummies, no skellies, no wraiths, no tin horsemen, no flying demons, no giant spiders, and no shiva statues.

And what's all this nonsense about alien spaceships in the Nevada desert? And underwater wrecks filled with machine gun toting bad dudes? And dragons lurking in secret temples under the Great Wall of China? And mutants in Antartica? And clockwork Nessies in Scotland? And lost worlds under the English Channel?

And what about medipaks? In real life when you get shot you die. How stupid is it to think you can just use a medipak and get full health again.

And how on earth did she get a crowbar, Uzies, a shotgun, millions of bullets and medipaks, a crossbow, and dozens of gems and keys into that silly little backpack anyway?

What's reality got to do with this? It's a game. Who the heck wants to push crates around in a warehouse in Prague? If that's reality, I'll give up computer gaming. I want to go fight dinos and monks and mutants and skellies and explore dungeons and castles and secret underground labs and temples and jungles.

Bring it on Toby mate, lets get back to what the whole thing was about in the first place - adventure and fun!

:cool:

midroth
15th Apr 2005, 10:03
@GeorgeMaciver
How this is possible in reality? To put so many things in a bag? To see dinos, yetis? To use medipacks for healing? Simple. It is not our reality, we are guest for a while in Laras reality. And there it's working and more.

GeorgeMaciver
15th Apr 2005, 10:47
@GeorgeMaciver
It is not our reality, we are guest for a while in Laras reality.

What an excellent way to put it.

8)

Deekman
15th Apr 2005, 12:17
Thank you, George!
Speaking of which...the Bottomless Backpack...I never did get to read the winning fanfic story about how Lara got her magic backpack a few years back.
Is it still around to be read somewhere?
(By the way...I'm currently playing Jungle Ruins and having a blast)

GeorgeMaciver
15th Apr 2005, 12:23
Hey Deekman, loved your review for Imprisoned Spirits. If you're still in the mood for Jungles when you're done with that one, Jungle Ruins 2 will be released in about a fortnight.

8)

susan
15th Apr 2005, 12:45
I think you forget this is a videogame. Videogames offer an escape from the real world, where physics and logic are not needed. No I haven't forgotten. I was responding to the "go figure" part of your sentence:
"I know some people don't like the outfit(because they don't think it is practical to wear in a dense and steamy jungle, go figure)" As if you think this outfit is practical to wear in a jungle. What else does go figure mean in this context other than mocking that they don't think it's a practical outfit for the jungle? You brought "reality" into the argument. And if you're talking reality then yes, these people have a point, these clothes aren't as suitable for the jungle as others.

I myself don't care if she wears shorts in a jungle scene and have never said that I do. My comments are all about how tiny the Legend version of this outfit is.

Why is this such outfit so different?Is this Lara's body covered the least of all previous models - yes it is. That's what I mean by she looks half dressed.

Well I don't want to drag this thing out, you have a right to your opinion. I will agree with you that maybe the shorts are little too short, Thank you.

I still think she shouldn't wear this outfit in snow though...in the same way that I think Lara's blood should be red and she should make splashing noises when she walks through water.

GoranAgar
15th Apr 2005, 12:51
"erm.... looks pretty bull**** to me :rolleyes:"
"...but the graphics behind it look terrible."
"Those pictures look pretty bad."
I am sorry, am I the only one who sees these replies?

Those first screenshots were tiny. Of course the graphics don't look impressive on those tiny pictures. How can they? Doesn't look very constructive to me.

Anyway, now that the big pictures have been posted everybody seems to be pleased with what they see. That pleases me. :)

midroth
15th Apr 2005, 13:35
<"erm.... these posting looks pretty bull**** to me :rolleyes:"
"...but the writer behind it look terrible."
"Those autors look pretty bad.">

Maybe they are TR-Hater? Looks so...

Deekman
15th Apr 2005, 17:01
Jungle Ruins 2 will be released in about a fortnight.
That's the main reason I picked Jungle Ruins 1 to play right now.
That, and because I had so much fun with Imprisoned Spirits.
Looking forward to 2!

LaraAngelOfDarkness
15th Apr 2005, 21:33
No I haven't forgotten. I was responding to the "go figure" part of your sentence: As if you think this outfit is practical to wear in a jungle. What else does go figure mean in this context other than mocking that they don't think it's a practical outfit for the jungle? You brought "reality" into the argument. And if you're talking reality then yes, these people have a point, these clothes aren't as suitable for the jungle as others.

I myself don't care if she wears shorts in a jungle scene and have never said that I do. My comments are all about how tiny the Legend version of this outfit is.

Is this Lara's body covered the least of all previous models - yes it is. That's what I mean by she looks half dressed.

Thank you.

I still think she shouldn't wear this outfit in snow though...in the same way that I think Lara's blood should be red and she should make splashing noises when she walks through water.

I'm sorry if the "go figure" part sounded mocking, I did not intend it to. Yeah I would have to say that the shorts Lara is wearing in this new game are pretty short, compared to other outfits she has worn in previous games. Maybe the picture with Lara in the snow(with the shorts outfit on is the) was a test screen to show the level or Lara decide to switch to winter clothing when she reaches this area.

Anyways, anyone have an idea of what they think the story is about? I doubt it is a prequel, so its most likely a sequel. The question is, will it take place after AOD? Or will it just pretend it didn't happen(I hate this idea because we all know it did happen)? Will Kurtis be brought back or even Zip(Lara did tell Zip at the end of the game that she would keep in touch with him and Kurtis needs to be brought back to develope him more)?

Notts Raider
15th Apr 2005, 22:01
bring Kurtis back by all mean but I dont want him part of the gameplay

susan
15th Apr 2005, 22:14
I'm sorry if the "go figure" part sounded mocking, I did not intend it to. Yeah I would have to say that the shorts Lara is wearing in this new game are pretty short, compared to other outfits she has worn in previous games. Maybe the picture with Lara in the snow(with the shorts outfit on is the) was a test screen to show the level or Lara decide to switch to winter clothing when she reaches this area.

No worries LaraAoD, it sounds like I got the wrong end of the stick. :o

I think you're probably right about the snow scene being a test screen but even if it isn't, it's like you say - the gameplay's the important thing. It's not like I'm having sleepless nights over it or anything! :D

knightgames
16th Apr 2005, 02:01
I think the images are dang fine. There are few artistic things that aren't the way I'd do it. But I'm not making the game.

As far as image qualty goes, remember they are static shots. NO MOTION.
When we finally manage to see Lara walking around the waterfall the images will look 10 times better.

To illustrate what I mean. Load in a DVD and watch it. The image is only 720 x 480 pixels, but the image looks good. Now pause the DVD. Oh...... it suddenly doesn't look as nice because you are now watching a static image and you now can see the limitaions of TV resolution and how much movement changes our perception.

I really thought AoD looked pretty good. It's the only thing I WON'T complain about concerning AoD.

Legend should be as good or BETTER.

Are these images computer images or screenies from the PS2?

midroth
16th Apr 2005, 05:36
I hope PS2.

enoch
16th Apr 2005, 07:45
@GeorgeMaciver
How this is possible in reality? To put so many things in a bag? To see dinos, yetis? To use medipacks for healing? Simple. It is not our reality, we are guest for a while in Laras reality. And there it's working and more.

The more realistic a game looks, the more I expect it to work realistic.

And for those who talk about escapism - I am not trying to escape anything, I am just looking for an additional realm.

Johnny
16th Apr 2005, 13:37
The more realistic a game looks, the more I expect it to work realistic.

And for those who talk about escapism - I am not trying to escape anything, I am just looking for an additional realm.

Agreed... :D

Trinity34
19th Apr 2005, 01:29
"erm.... looks pretty bull**** to me :rolleyes:"
"...but the graphics behind it look terrible."
"Those pictures look pretty bad."
I am sorry, am I the only one who sees these replies?

What replys? :D

Trinity34
30th Apr 2005, 17:03
Here are some more screens from LCO....

http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/images/thumbs/TN_9955.JPG (http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/gallery.asp?ID=242)

http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/images/thumbs/TN_9956.JPG (http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/gallery.asp?ID=241)

http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/images/thumbs/TN_9957.JPG (http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/gallery.asp?ID=240)

http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/images/thumbs/TN_9958.JPG (http://tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/tr7_screens/gallery.asp?ID=239)

GoranAgar
30th Apr 2005, 18:55
It is from the second 3D screen they have on MTV.com, isn't it?

jayel
30th Apr 2005, 21:24
Aye, they are. The new 3D is very nice indeed.