PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars: Xbox Crash issue

whatsamattau
12th Apr 2005, 16:15
I purchased Lego Star Wars last week for my kid. He's been playing it with no problems until today. He gets to a point where he's flying a clone ship and all of a sudden the game freezes & a loud screeching sound emits from the TV speakers. I checked to disk to see if it was dirty or something. I found nothing wrong with the disk. We can play any other part of the game & nothing like this occurs with any other games. Any suggestions???

Thanks

QuickDraw2005
12th Apr 2005, 16:26
Sorry to hear about another Lego Stars Wars issue. There have been many. I guess you have to wait for a patch also. My kid can not even play the PC version because the software thinks I might be a pirate. I have the disk, the box, and the sales receipt. If I thought if I could get my money back from Walmart I would. But, the Lego Darth Vader figure I would keep because it is now MINE! :D

whatsamattau
12th Apr 2005, 17:41
I contacted Eidos' tech support. They said that no one else has reported the problem I am having. They believe it is a bad CD & suggested that I take it back to where I bought it & hve it replaced. I'm on my way now.

BTW - Lego Star Wars ROCKS!!!! Despite the glich I'm having this is one great game.

Blunt Force Trauma
1st May 2005, 17:50
Bought the game Friday. Clean as a whistle. Locks up during the second lap of the pod race. No patches. Not cool. From reading the posts already here it seems that this game has a lot of bugs. Sad too, because it is a really cool game. Well, taking it back to the store... :mad:

Grey Mouser
2nd May 2005, 19:15
Well, I have finished it on my Xbox at home, not had time to finish it on my PC.

No crashes. One bug in Dexter's Diner where I got stuck on a table and could not get off, no matter what...restart from previous save was the only option. Be sure to make frequent, multiple saves on any game you play, on any system. Overwriting the same one all the time can cause corrupted save files, in many games. But LSW played fine on my Xbox.

The PC version has been entirely stable on my work test machine (P IV/1.6Ghz/512Mb RAM/GeForce 5900/SB Live/Win XP Pro/SP1)...so my experience is that the game itself seems mostly fine (bah, camera though!).

PC Advice: DO NOT OVERCLOCK!! (if you want to play games and have system stability). Also, heat-related issues can cause crashes with any game, if you are in Arizona for example, and it is warm in your computer room, and games are crashing on you (higher-end video cards/processers/hard drives produce a lot of heat)...think about better cooling.

Keep posting any troubles in this thread, or new ones in this forum. But my experience is that..SO far, the Xbox version ran perfectly - with the Dexter's Diner exception - and that the PC version has so far been fine.

Additionally, contact Eidos Support if you are having troubles with it. We'll try to help in any way we can...and there is that patch on the way that may correct some issues for some people.

GoranAgar
3rd May 2005, 06:32
You finished it before you watched the 3rd movie? Silly. :p

jaywalker2309
3rd May 2005, 08:21
You finished it before you watched the 3rd movie? Silly. :p

How you think we felt during development, before the trailers were out etc we knew who what where when and why :)

GoranAgar
3rd May 2005, 08:30
That is not very nice.

helldog
11th May 2005, 06:50
i had the same problem on xbox game i returned the game so far so good.

Umah Bloodomen
24th May 2005, 04:15
I experienced the "loud screeching sound" a few times throughout various missions as well. The only place where it was really consistent was during Episode III: Chapter 5: Ruin of The Jedi. Anytime I'd touch the red force field (be it on the ground or where the middle switch is to raise the arm from in front of the door) the sound would happen and my game would freeze. Just to test the theory that this area was buggy, I purposefully touched the force field(s) a couple of more times and it would still continue to freeze the game and produce the sound. Once I avoided the force fields, I was able to complete the level (and the game) as normal.

darkloopy
1st Jun 2005, 09:55
This is a great game for all ages and its a great shame that they have released it with this many bugs. The version I have just freezes during game play at what seems to be randoms points. Once the game freezes I get a buzzing sound from the speakers. I have noticed that it is more likely to freeze outside of the dinner.

Is there any news out there of an Xbox patch?

I now have two Xbox's, after getting the game and seeing it freeze I just assumed that my Xbox was dieing due to its age. So you could guess my stress seeing the game freeze on the new Xbox. My fault should have read these forums 1st.

martinallc70
12th Jun 2005, 10:24
i know how you lot feel we got this game for our son and we to are having the same difficulties as you lot. and we to have noticed that it keeps crashing when they go out of the diner with all of the space craft and where the charcters keep walking about. i emailed xbox about this but looking at your lots messages it seems to be a problem with the game and not the xbox which is great but not that good for my son. im hoping we can get a new replacement my son is doing really well on the game. and it will be a shame for him to lose all of his winning items and stages of the game. so im hoping someone can do something to help everyone. i mean these games are not cheap.
i even found the receipt to the xbox in preporation to take the xbox back to the shop because we have a extended warranty on it we have had it since 2001. weve even got the new power cable thingy.

i hope they can sought something out soon. im waiting to hear from the shop on the internet where i bought the game from to see if they will replace it.

i can't access technical help from the uk. eidos website i has to go through the american one because they have not got the uk website up and running propauly as yet.

im glad i found it though thankyou.

jaywalker2309
12th Jun 2005, 10:45
i know how you lot feel we got this game for our son and we to are having the same difficulties as you lot. and we to have noticed that it keeps crashing when they go out of the diner with all of the space craft and where the charcters keep walking about. i emailed xbox about this but looking at your lots messages it seems to be a problem with the game and not the xbox which is great but not that good for my son. im hoping we can get a new replacement my son is doing really well on the game. and it will be a shame for him to lose all of his winning items and stages of the game. so im hoping someone can do something to help everyone. i mean these games are not cheap.
i even found the receipt to the xbox in preporation to take the xbox back to the shop because we have a extended warranty on it we have had it since 2001. weve even got the new power cable thingy.

i hope they can sought something out soon. im waiting to hear from the shop on the internet where i bought the game from to see if they will replace it.

i can't access technical help from the uk. eidos website i has to go through the american one because they have not got the uk website up and running propauly as yet.

im glad i found it though thankyou.

We never saw any issue like this during development of the game. When you walk out of the diner what stage of the game are you at? have u unlocked lots of characters? just started?

martinallc70
12th Jun 2005, 17:39
hello. my son has unlocked lots of characters on the game and he's completed movie 1 of star wars. and he's someway through movie 2. we have had the game since thursday and he's played on it a lot.
the internet shop is sending out a replacement and we are posting back the game to them.
but they have told us to hold on to the faulty game untill we are satisfied with the replacement.
my son when he goes into the diner and then through the door to the parking lot and that's where it keeps on crashing thomas has almost completed one of the vehicles already and he's got quite a few other bits to some of the other vehicles as well.
it crashed on him twice in 20 minutes in. it does not crash in the movie parts of the game.

my son has also bought a few characters on the game as well. the most he has payed for a character is £60'000.00 it was bobba fat.

my son really loves this game. its a wonderful game and my son will carry on playing it.

its just that i was worried it was the xbox. i was just a bit surprised that it was the game that was having the problems thats all. apart from that its a fantastic and super game. my son has had lots of lego games in the past and he's got lots of lego toys.

thankyou from martin.

jaywalker2309
12th Jun 2005, 19:16
hello. my son has unlocked lots of characters on the game and he's completed movie 1 of star wars. and he's someway through movie 2. we have had the game since thursday and he's played on it a lot.
the internet shop is sending out a replacement and we are posting back the game to them.
but they have told us to hold on to the faulty game untill we are satisfied with the replacement.
my son when he goes into the diner and then through the door to the parking lot and that's where it keeps on crashing thomas has almost completed one of the vehicles already and he's got quite a few other bits to some of the other vehicles as well.
it crashed on him twice in 20 minutes in. it does not crash in the movie parts of the game.

my son has also bought a few characters on the game as well. the most he has payed for a character is £60'000.00 it was bobba fat.

my son really loves this game. its a wonderful game and my son will carry on playing it.

its just that i was worried it was the xbox. i was just a bit surprised that it was the game that was having the problems thats all. apart from that its a fantastic and super game. my son has had lots of lego games in the past and he's got lots of lego toys.

thankyou from martin.
Am glad to hear he's enjoying the game :)

When you get the new disc give it a good go, hopefully it was as simple a thing as that.

No deck is perfect, i've got a deck which doesnt like movie dvd's anymore or anything that is dual layer for that matter (big thanks to me for giving it a bit of a shock and almost dropping it). I've had a few one off crashes on other titles which am sure is down to my deck getting way too hot (it IS just a fancy PC after all so needs to be kept as cool as possible hehe - please dont hurt me mr gates :) )

Steviemb
16th Jul 2005, 10:04
Hi,
My copy of Lego star wars also freezes up at different point throughout the game - I also get the screeching sound through the speakers.
Think I might return the game.
Has there been any official comment on these issues ???
Steve.

Steviemb
20th Jul 2005, 20:09
I have now exchanged my Star Wars game disc - just need to see if that solves the issue.....
Also on a different topic - my xbox drive was quite 'noisy' when a disc was in play - I spoke to microsoft and they suggested it could be a fault, as it was still under guarantee I got it exchanged at my local console shop . - nice one microsoft. :thumbsup:

John Danskin
11th Nov 2005, 23:59
My daughter just purchased lego star wars for the xbox, and we get the freeze and the buzz in episode 3 just as described above. It's pretty frustrating.

As far as we can tell, this mostly happens if she changes characters near a force field. If this is it, she might be able to play. We'll see.

Is there a fix for this?

thanks!
-john

John Danskin
22nd Nov 2005, 21:46
My daughter stayed away from the force fields, especially changing characters near force fields, and was able to play the game through completely.

I tried to get help from eidos, and I got an automated reply, but no-one followed up, so this doesn't seem to be a useful option.

martinallc70
24th Nov 2005, 19:26
got another replacement disc number 3 now. they did send out the replacement for the first disc the online retail shop. that went back months ago. anyway i thought i would leave it for a while just incase lego/eidos solve the problem with the game. now we have a third copy (xbox classic) now. and it crash's even now. we got the disc today 24th november 2005. got it from play.com uk website. by the way im from the uk. also the other two xbox lego star wars games were from (cd-wow). my son does not want to exchange it and he loves the game. what do i do. thomas really wants this game and he is willing to carry on playing this game whether it crash's or not.

i posted before on here back in june 2005 and its now november 2005 and this problem with the game is still here. please eidos what are you doing to try and solve this problem.

thankyou from martin uk.

greyman7
16th Jan 2006, 06:35
I was just searching around online to make sure that there was a problem with the game before I started worrying about my Xbox...glad I found this post.

I played the whole game through in co-op without a crash. And the game has been played for many hours without a problem until this weekend. It's cxrashed consistently every time it's been played. The only difference now is that almost all the characters have been unlocked with the exception on Darth Sidious, General Grievous, and all the Episode IV characters. I've seen the lockup happen in the diner, outside the diner, in Episode III and II. Not sure if this valuable info or not, but the developer on here seemed interested.

It's a great game, but it's become very frustrating for the kids playing it here, losing all their studs etc. Without a manual mid-level save they can't protect themselves from the crashes.

Without it being Live capable I'm sure there won't be any patch, but hopefully the developers can discover the bug and eliminate it from the sequel that the boys here are already clamoring for.
I will pass on the advice about the force fields and see if it makes any difference. Thanks.

XBOXDad
18th Jan 2006, 03:49
Greetings from Chilly Cleveland! Guess I may as well add my hopes and prayers to the pile. What a brilliant game, Eidos!! If only there weren't those little glitches where the game completely locks up with the screech.
<prayer>pleaseissueapatchpleaseissueapatchpleaseissueapatch. amen.</prayer>

Ah well, my boy is 4 years old and happy enough to fling Jar Jar to his death (and all the other characters, come to think of it...) once he discovered that they all utter a death cry on their way off any precipice he's very content to do that. When the game locks up he just shrugs, puts the controller down and runs over to the XBOX shouting "reboot!" (I ask you - how many 4 year olds have that word in their vocabulary? Speaking of which, he's proabably added a few colorful ones listening to my not-so-patient reactions to the freeze.

All in all an absolutely MAGIC game! I echo the previous post where the idea of continuing the saga was put forth. Keep up the great work - I have faith that you lot can sort this out! :thumbsup: