PDA

View Full Version : Dear Eidos

Cell9song
12th Apr 2005, 01:39
I want you to know that I work hard for my money. I have a family to support and not a lot is left over at the end of the month. One of the joys I have is my hobby which is PC gaming. You advertised your game, it looked good and so I bit the bullet and sunk my $40 into Project Snowblind. Unfortunately theres a problem which I'm sure you are now aware of, your game crashes REPEATEDLY, without fail, everytime large percentage of people play it. Had this been an isolated incident I could deal with it but the problem is that companies like yours are now killing my hobby because this is currently how things are done, accept a bunch a class-B bugs and patch them if sales permit it. Thats BS. In your zeal to cow-tow to your shareholders and potential buyers you once again pushed out a product that was NOT done. Your response may be to either a.) call support (a guy reading from a script telling me to update my drivers or in this case, roll them back is hardly adequate support seeing thats all the advice he could give me) or b.) return the game (if you're familiar with US retailers you'll know that 99.9% of them do NOT take back opened software). So now you've got me once again.

It probably won't make a whit of difference in your world but what I'm going to do is this: I'm going to post on as many forums as possible during your current demo release and tell people to NOT purchase this game until it is properly patched and supported. Further, I'll also file with the Consumer protection agency (for whatever good THAT will do...) It may not be much but its all I have to fight back against people like yourselves who really could care less whether the PC remains a viable platform for gaming. I've simply had ENOUGH.

Lastly, the fact that companies like yours have the gall to claim that piracy is killing this platform is laughable. Your doing a damn fine job of killing it yourselves by screwing the paying customers year after year.

good game.

-Cell9

Cell9song
12th Apr 2005, 01:54
BTW, your demo crashes just like the full version.....brilliant.

JayJay379
12th Apr 2005, 04:30
Hey Cell, I agree with you 100%, but fortunately enough for me I have not had one single crash since installing the game. But this is exactly the reason that EIDOS has basically gone out of business, they been putting out awesome games of poor quality for some time now ... SCI Games is currently in the process of buying out Eidos ... Hopefully they will address problems such as yours in the future... :eek:

admin_old
12th Apr 2005, 04:30
sorry tohear man, too bad they won't really respond to you on here...it would be good to see a thread by them explaining what they will do regarding all the bugs, issues, and obvious features they need to add to the game...who releases a multiplayer game WITH NO TYPE CHATING SYSTEM?! not everyone cares to use VOICE or talk over a MIC!

Cell9song
12th Apr 2005, 12:37
BTW, not to be a brownoser but I just wanna let the mods know that I' didn't join to be a flaming jerk, its just that I'm quite frustrated with the way this game has been handled. For whats its worth you guys have at least given a sympathetic ear and have done your best to help things out despite your employers total lack of concern for its (paying) customers. Thanks for not deleting my post :)

-Cell9

jaywalker2309
12th Apr 2005, 13:13
BTW, not to be a brownoser but I just wanna let the mods know that I' didn't join to be a flaming jerk, its just that I'm quite frustrated with the way this game has been handled. For whats its worth you guys have at least given a sympathetic ear and have done your best to help things out despite your employers total lack of concern for its (paying) customers. Thanks for not deleting my post :)

-Cell9

Why would we delete it? You have a genuine problem with our title, lets see if we can find a solution..

You say both the full game AND the demo crash, okay thats a start (as it means its something consistent)

Can you provide me with your machine dxdiag (email it to me at discanalysis@eidos.co.uk) and we'll go from there.

Baihuigau
12th Apr 2005, 15:50
I actually get the same problem i downloaded the demo, have reinstalle 4 different times, tryed multiple resolutions, tried checking the full effects things of and still doesnt work, heres what happens I double click the demo it starts the process in the process window but the it just closes, so i switched to 2000

compatability mode and it starts up works fine no lag nothing, but every time i move the mouse the game drops to 1fps, if i just move with arrow keys game runs fine pretty weird, i got a Ati radeon 9600 with the latest dna drivers base on the catalyst drivers, i also got the latest directx what u guys think could be

the reason, if u need my dxdiag just drop me a message and ill send it to u guys because if people cant play the demo then they wont buy the game :P and the game is awsome i really wanna give it a shot. :eek:

Cell9song
12th Apr 2005, 16:27
Why would we delete it? You have a genuine problem with our title, lets see if we can find a solution..

You say both the full game AND the demo crash, okay thats a start (as it means its something consistent)

Can you provide me with your machine dxdiag (email it to me at discanalysis@eidos.co.uk) and we'll go from there.

mail is on its way :)

-Cell9