PDA

View Full Version : Demo won't even start..

Tachikoma
12th Apr 2005, 01:09
I've been thinking about playing this game, so I was glad that a demo was released. I downloaded it, and installed it without any problems. When I selected to start the demo, nothing at all happens. My system specs are.. 3ghz Pentium 4, 512mb ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro with Catalyst 5.3 driver.

Tachikoma
14th Apr 2005, 02:09
70+ views, but no replies? :confused:

vengence
14th Apr 2005, 02:14
hey where can you get the demo from :P, thats all i got

Cell9song
14th Apr 2005, 02:17
70+ views, but no replies? :confused:

Go into your start menu , and select the the Eidos tab, then the "setup" icon. Configure to what you want and then start the game normally. If it still doesn't work try a re-install.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not 100% sure but sometimes publisihers install the security software thats present on the full version game in their demos (dont ask me why, I havent a clue) . If thats the case you need to disable any virtual drives you MAY have running.

Tachikoma
15th Apr 2005, 10:49
I have tried a reinstall and disabling all virtual drives. The problem also happens with the recent Psychonauts demo..

One thing I should note is that I even tried starting it up while the 'Processes' window was open. When I double click on the icon to start up the demo, Psychonauts.exe and Snowblind-Demo.exe show up in the list, but then quickly disappear from it. No error messages pop up. I don't even get to a splash screen if there even is one.

jaywalker2309
15th Apr 2005, 15:23
Go into your start menu , and select the the Eidos tab, then the "setup" icon. Configure to what you want and then start the game normally. If it still doesn't work try a re-install.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not 100% sure but sometimes publisihers install the security software thats present on the full version game in their demos (dont ask me why, I havent a clue) . If thats the case you need to disable any virtual drives you MAY have running.

If we gave out totally `untouched` exes then it wouldn't take much to take that exe and the full game exe and go , ahh theres the wrap begin/end and give them a pointer on how to crack the game.

You'll find its becoming very common practice now.

Tachikoma
15th Apr 2005, 20:41
Well, thanks for all the help. Even though none of the suggestions had fixed the problem, I really appreciated it. I've been searching for a fix to this poblem for hours, but no luck yet, unfortunately. Also, jaycw2309 .. good luck to you and the rest of Eidos and Crystal Dynamics on the new Tomb Raider game. It's looking to be a lot more like the original, which is great. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

admin_old
16th Apr 2005, 07:55
the game has already been cracked
i use a no-dvd crack because i don't care to lose my dvd or damage it and have to BUY another one since games/software have no warranty.

And in regards to this post, what gfx card do you have?

jaywalker2309
16th Apr 2005, 22:38
I've been thinking about playing this game, so I was glad that a demo was released. I downloaded it, and installed it without any problems. When I selected to start the demo, nothing at all happens. My system specs are.. 3ghz Pentium 4, 512mb ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro with Catalyst 5.3 driver.

Do you get the company logo movies? or just nothing at all happens?

simulation
2nd May 2005, 00:05
I can't get the demo to start either. I get a total lock up before any display from the game. Not even an intro movie. Same goes for the Setup program.

Athlon 2400+ ATI Radeon 9800Pro Catalyst 5.3) 512MB RAM

simulation
2nd May 2005, 00:43
The Game plays now :o

I updated to the 5.4 Catalyst Driver.