PDA

View Full Version : Generals/heroes? and level editor?

Zoph
12th Apr 2005, 00:38
Good game, has the potential to become better than Rome Total War and Praetorians.

But there's three questions I'd love to have answered:

1)Will the game have a level/map editor?
I play a lot of tactical games and a good level editor would mean I can sell my thousands of napoleonic miniatures. That will cheer some people up here :-). If there is one, it would be great if you could rename units but that's a side thing.

2)Are there generals on the battlefield?
I know there are generals, as in leaders on the campaign map but do they also have a function on the battlefield? (i.e. are they there?)
Rome Total War combined the 2, campaign map ánd battlefield but on the battlefield the commanders made the game unrealistic. What I liked most about Preatorians was the way you had to be careful with your leaders, one wrong move and they got killed, as they should.

3)if there are generals on the battlefield, is it possible to have multiple of them (on the same battlefield, let's say we have Napoleon and Ney on the same battlefield at Warshau)?

Thanks a lot for the answers, give me three times yes and this game will be perfect.

Psycho Pigeon
12th Apr 2005, 14:32
Are there generals on the battlefield?

It's a possibility, some one found code relating to generals when they were modding the demo so probably yes.

mob
12th Apr 2005, 20:50
lets mod the demo for multi get a fake server and bam no ppurchase joke

Czar
13th Apr 2005, 15:28
I know the game is already finished and on the way to distribution so this is just wishful thinking but:

Officers, Flag Bearers and Drummer Boys.

The more I think about it the more I like it. :cool:

The way the units behave could be a reflection on whether these units are present or not.
If the Officers are killed the unit is more disorderly... takes longer to respond to orders (if at all) and is more likely to break and rout. Also, with officers, a unit will be more likely to act 'sensibly'.
Ditto flag bearers and drummers (although slightly different effects)

But as I say... probably too late to include now. :(

Berdan
13th Apr 2005, 17:29
There will be officers in the full version, Lt's, Cpt's, Gen's & Field Marshals

Czar
13th Apr 2005, 18:53
Who are you Berdan?

Pyro or Eidos?

Berdan
13th Apr 2005, 20:26
neither, freelance ;)

HellAngel_666
13th Apr 2005, 20:32
how about modder?

Zoph
23rd Apr 2005, 15:19
Seeing as the game must be finished by now (picked up a gamemagazine today and it features the full review) does anyone know if the generals/marshalls in the game are also playable in the battles?

If they get killed it (which could happen through assasination etc on the campaign map) it has a negative effect on the troops morale.

So does anyone know for sure yet: is the commanding general present in the battles?

saddletank
23rd Apr 2005, 17:43
I don't get it. What's the point in issuing a demo that isn't representative of the finished game?

BANANAMAN
23rd Apr 2005, 18:14
Yes, Berdan. We realy realy realy want to know: will the officer(s) actualy be on the battlemap/field in the RTS mode?

sick
23rd Apr 2005, 19:13
Captains (requires Military Academy)
- Training Camps promotes existing Captains to Colonels

Colonels (requires Advanced Military Academy)
- Firing Ranges promotes existing Colonels to Generals

Generals (requires Elite Military Academy)

BANANAMAN
23rd Apr 2005, 19:27
Thank you for the info. sick. Sounds awesome such a upgrade. :)

Zoph
26th Apr 2005, 15:35
Captains (requires Military Academy)
- Training Camps promotes existing Captains to Colonels

Colonels (requires Advanced Military Academy)
- Firing Ranges promotes existing Colonels to Generals

Generals (requires Elite Military Academy)

But those could be the officers on the campaign map, not the actual battle map. I haven't had a word back from the dutch gaming magazine that featured IG but they did have a finished game. So I guess development has stopped on the actual game (maybe they're working on a patch or so).

All I want to know is whether Wellington/Napoleon, i.e. the commanding officiers will be on the battlefield. They just need to be like the Centurions in Preatorians and then I'm happy :-).

jaywalker2309
26th Apr 2005, 15:53
I know the game is already finished and on the way to distribution so this is just wishful thinking but:

But as I say... probably too late to include now. :(

You know this how? ;) we've not announced its gone gold.

Zoph
26th Apr 2005, 16:02
You know this how? we've not announced its gone gold.

Apparently not but this dutch magazine (power unlimited) already has a finished review of the complete game. (it got an 8.9 if I'm not mistaken). For reviews they use games that are finished.
Could be that it was a special version, shipped and now changed.
Then someone from Eidos/Pyro would have to contact the magazine because the 8.9 is for an unfinished game ;)

jaywalker2309
26th Apr 2005, 16:22
Apparently not but this dutch magazine (power unlimited) already has a finished review of the complete game. (it got an 8.9 if I'm not mistaken). For reviews they use games that are finished.
Could be that it was a special version, shipped and now changed.
Then someone from Eidos/Pyro would have to contact the magazine because the 8.9 is for an unfinished game ;)

Review code has been sent out.. not all reviews are based on retail copies.. Gamespot and the like all list what `version` they reviewed

Zoph
27th Apr 2005, 19:21
wow jay, you've made some of my all time favourite games :S

So can I start whining to you why Hitman 3 wasn't released on the gamecube? ;)

So the version the magazine reviewed isn't finished yet, or is it?

But will we have commanding officers on the field as in preatorians or not? :confused:

Zoph
28th Apr 2005, 18:14
anyone, please?

(I want to know if I have to save money for the game or not :rolleyes: )