PDA

View Full Version : Postponed :(

jackflash223
11th Apr 2005, 20:53
:mad: Although its good that it will give them more time to make some very good changes, i believe they should have put it out with a patch soon after. I simply cannot wait for this game any longer i wanted to play it so much, but since they will not be releasing it for another month. Me and my friend have decided to go with Stronghold 2. Thanks alot :mad: :mad: :mad:

mob
11th Apr 2005, 21:20
this is great news m8 trust me brilliant

HellAngel_666
11th Apr 2005, 21:34
dude i already made an artical about this.... just look down a wee bit

mob
11th Apr 2005, 22:31
weres the negitive waves dude?
save the rainforest

Psycho Pigeon
11th Apr 2005, 22:57
lmao rainforest.

Czar
12th Apr 2005, 01:49
.... i believe they should have put it out with a patch soon after....
NO. NO. NO!
I don't know about where you live - but where I live there are LAWS about this sort of thing. And so there should be.
Here we have a Fair Trading Act which refers to 'purpose of use'. When you buy a product (any product) you have a right to expect it will work as intended.
Why is it that gamers are prepared to accept this sort of crap?
{Talking industry in general not just Pyro or IG here}
As a consumer you have A RIGHT TO EXPECT A FINISHED PRODUCT.
Would you buy a car with no seats if the dealer told you "It's OK. We plan on releasing a 'patch' for the seats shortly..."?
By your post I gather you are young? Do you pay for your ISP? Probably your parents do... Why should they pay $$$ for a game and then more $$$ to download a 'patch' to make the damn thing work? :mad:
Patches to add features? = OK
Patches to make the game run? = Criminal! :mad:

Do you like the crappy state of games today? Do you like having to download patch after patch to get your games to run properly?
Well, unless consumers start saying "NO" the industry will just continue with the current state of affairs.

I simply cannot wait for this game any longer i wanted to play it so much, but since they will not be releasing it for another month. Me and my friend have decided to go with Stronghold 2. Thanks alot :mad: :mad: :mad:
If you really cannot wait I have to say that a months delay should not worry you at all.
Hell, some people waited YEARS for HL2 which came down to 20 hrs (+/-) of Gameplay according to people I know who have finished it. :rolleyes:

And on Release Dates: Again, people hounding the crap out of companies are responsible for this.
In this case the delay is less than 3 weeks IIRC. THAT is a shipping and distribution delay by the looks. And what it reflects is that somewhere someone was a bit over eager.
Honestly, it is not like this is the first game ever. The retailers should have a pretty good idea by know of how long things (each step from the game going gold) really take - but they constantly stuff it up.

Look jackflash223, sorry if you fell you copped a beating out here, but honestly your post summarised so much of what I think is wrong with consumer attitudes in this industry.
Unless consumers change their attitudes the industry will not change theirs :p

langmann
12th Apr 2005, 03:29
Look jackflash223, sorry if you fell you copped a beating out here, but honestly your post summarised so much of what I think is wrong with consumer attitudes in this industry.
Unless consumers change their attitudes the industry will not change theirs :p

Well said, this game is quite bad judging from the demos. In fact it needs more than 3 weeks to fix it. People need to want a better product rather than some fast fix.

jackflash223
12th Apr 2005, 05:33
No my parents dont pay for my games, but i wish they did. Also the car analogy isnt a correct one. I could play the game without the patch as i couldnt drive the car without the seats. Also the reasons the game got pushed back doesnt matter to me because i really dont care to much about historical accuracy. I buy it to play for fun not because i can recreate a battle precisely i play the game for fun not for a history lesson theres always pleanty of books out there to read if you want that.

I will not be picking this game up in the near future because i have other games that will come before it now that it was pushed back ( messing up my cycle of game buying :) ) maybe some time in the distant future my hands will be commanding the armies of Imperial Glory.

krazed
12th Apr 2005, 16:00
i really dont care to much about historical accuracy. I buy it to play for fun not because i can recreate a battle precisely i play the game for fun not for a history lesson theres always pleanty of books out there to read if you want that.

So you like a game where you just swarm around with masses of infantry with no real tactic to it?

StudUK
13th Apr 2005, 07:31
After playing the demo, this can only be good news

So many things need addressing