PDA

View Full Version : Lockup on start screen

happysof
11th Apr 2005, 04:20
Every time I start the game it gets past the logo screens and movie but locks up on the edios info screen with the little crosshair. It works for a second or two and then locks up, can't move the little corsshair around.

Specs:
Athlon xp 2800+
Asus a7n8x-e nforce 2 ultra
1.5 GB pc 3200
xfx 6800GT with the latest nvidia beta drivers 71-1.84
windows xp home sp2

This issue also occurs with the latest nvidia release drivers. Any help would be appreciated. I'll also note that pc games are suffering when released on the consoles at the same time :(

jEj
11th Apr 2005, 06:00
Try disabling Full Screen Effects in the Setup menu.

rogman69
11th Apr 2005, 17:01
radeon user here. how many more complaints does eidos need before they put out a patch. give us a time frame. talk to your fellow workers and give us something. i don't want to chuck the game but please toss us a bone. i've sat on this 40 bucks for three weeks and nothing! :confused:

happysof
11th Apr 2005, 19:20
Is this a common problem?

jEj
11th Apr 2005, 21:10
The locking up isn't the most common problem, but it has been noted several times. I, in fact, had the same problem until I disabled Full Screen Effects.

The biggest problem is desktop crashes.

geekoid
12th Apr 2005, 06:15
This problem partially was covered in a previous sticky. NVidia have a problematic driver, and they're working to fix it. I see you're using the same driver (as was I until I read the post), but it works fine if you uninstall the driver and put the previous version back, or go to nzone.com and download the latest beta after your version. .88 is supposed to fix the problem.

:D

happysof
12th Apr 2005, 21:38
I am using the latest Beta drivers....
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

If there is anything newer than that please post a link. I'm not a very patient person, so i'm about to give up on this game. I was looking forward to it, but there really doesn't seem to be a good reason that it should have a problem with an enthusiast video card like the 6800GT.

geekoid
13th Apr 2005, 02:29
There is actually another location to download the latest beta drivers, 71.89. go to http://downloads.guru3d.com/ and click on the ForceWare 71.89 WHQL Win2000/XP link. The latest drivers are there.

See if that helps your situation.

*edit* There are other drivers on there with apparently later version numbers. I'd suggest only trying those if the above drivers don't fix the situation, as all of those others were released before the above version.