PDA

View Full Version : question about number of whole units

warobserver
10th Apr 2005, 22:19
i just read sveland post about unit modification(great job~) and have seen the pics. i havent played the demo yet, which was not actually attractive to me, but one question pops up. i saw the player whole unit is over 3000...but in the first pic above the result, the unit number is as less than 3000..maybe 1800? so..so...is there any reinforcement system or such way in the game????really wonder. if so, i have to buy this game! if not...have yet to think more.. :rolleyes:

Berdan
10th Apr 2005, 22:27
well when you start getting up & over to 6,000 on each side the game has trouble placing the units properly in Hannover simply cuz the placement area is too small for this battlefield. i was playing the british & the damn austrians came up from right behind me with a few units out of nowhere. :D

Psycho Pigeon
10th Apr 2005, 22:46
Yeh same here. Well i don't know if it will be different in the full game but when i have loads of men like i have now it gets choppy and my system heats up like mad trying to handle all the units so i'm guessing the game will be shipped being able to control less units than i have put in the demo, unless they've done somthing for it to run smoother with all the units.

Berdan
10th Apr 2005, 22:58
i hate limitations! damn it i wanna march my grand army of 600,000 into russia!! ;)

Cro_Knight
11th Apr 2005, 02:31
i can see it now!!!!!!!!

Sveland
11th Apr 2005, 02:58
i've been having problems with unit placement when one army reaches 3000... yep, lets hope they fix this is in the real game but you know since its a demo I think its quite understandable since they didnt really expect (or i at least hope so) that we'd mod the game to allow more units onto the battlefield

Psycho Pigeon
11th Apr 2005, 03:21
lol yeh, i'm sure there will be bigger maps with more starting placments.

sdreamer98
11th Apr 2005, 03:40
Hmm....i doubt an army could have more than 2000 units at a time. they would probably be limiting it like in RTW.

i hope they have a unit size option like RTW though. Then 1 batallion could have more than just 60 men

sick
11th Apr 2005, 11:10
hate limitations! damn it i wanna march my grand army of 600,000 into russia!!

Yesterday I tried to get more than 100.000 units on the map and it worked (and Cossacks can only handle 64k... jeez. :rolleyes: ) :cool: It cost about 10 minutes to load the game, and then it had about one frame per 5 minutes. :D

I think it is possible to change unit sizes. I came across some files for that. Need to have a closer look at them though because I havn't tested yet.

sdreamer98
11th Apr 2005, 15:39
speaking of going thru the files, did u come across any files which sets the keyboard keys to a command? i believe i found a file that seems to do this. Also in this file i found commented commands. (commands that were not featured in the demo.) Among them was setting the unit to stand ground (which everyone seems to want), along with aggressive mode and defensive mode. i think its in Data.pak\Teclas\ModeloBatalla\UIDefs_HotKeyBatalla.sb