PDA

View Full Version : PC [ Project Snowblind ] [ ONLINE CHEATERS ]

admin_old
9th Apr 2005, 09:53
Well, for the first week or so of the release it was great to have no lame, pathetic, ignorant loser cheaters but here they start...

User Account: bensonfan is using some sord of speed hack. I played this lame noob like 2 days ago and he sucked a lot, all the sudden today he cant even be seen because he moves so fast, he moves around fast and rails you out of nowhere while he's moving around like a bullet.

I want EDIOS to put some sord of anti-cheat system in place, and also a MESSAGING system for us to COMMUNICATE insated of VOICE! It sucks to not be able to talk to people on the servers.

Please have bensonfan banned or spec him "i don't even think this game has spec something else it should have so we can ban cheaters from the game" the banning systems hould ban IP's + the account that was made.

Please make SURE you have such system in place for the patch release! I hate CHEATERS the ruin the game and make the RANKING system pointless.

jEj
9th Apr 2005, 14:42
Yeah about bensonfan and others....I've played him before and he seemed normal. What you're referring to I've noted with a couple of different players. They teleport around the screen randomly making them just about impossible to hit.

I attribute it more to lag/bug issues than a cheat. I could be wrong but some players seem fine on one server or map then teleport the next. Could be their connection or a game quirk.

admin_old
9th Apr 2005, 17:39
Hm...it could be, but i'm sure cheats/hacks will be out soon (if they are not out already) for MP mode. So I think it's best that EDIOS releases patches not only to address issues with gameplay, chating system, but also specing and being able to check for cheats and if cheats detected ban the IP and account of that user.

And they should also fix the teleporting issue if it is lag because they get an advantage over people that have 50ms which is not fair. We can't hit them and they can easily hit us and that's just not right for laggers.

JayJay379
9th Apr 2005, 17:42
Hey Admin, I particularly went looking around on the net for P:S cheats just to see if one was out there...And there are people that are DEFINATELY CHEATING...I have also noted in games that people are like flying around and ****, making impossible targets...Well until we get a fix I guess we'll all have to deal with it....

jEj
9th Apr 2005, 20:02
^Exactly. It's unfortunate, but hopefully Eidos will fix it.

[T]AlCapone
10th Apr 2005, 01:47
is there any way to check your ping in game, fps, etc.? is there a console?

jEj
10th Apr 2005, 03:34
I don't think so. You have to use a third party program.

DXman
10th Apr 2005, 05:39
it doesnt matter. nobody plays this game online anyway.

admin_old
11th Apr 2005, 05:37
Nobody plays this game online because of the bugs, lack of CHAT mode in the servers and control over servers. Not only that, but no specing or anything at all not even DEDICATED SERVERS "which is something any company releasing a online multiplayer game should do" if they had all these things in place we'd see many more people joining. The sad thing is i don't event hink edios cares about what we say or that anyone of them will read this message and let us know if anything is being done about it.

JayJay379
11th Apr 2005, 08:49
Hey Admin you are totaly right ... at peak hours, say after dinner you might catch a DeathMatch game with 10 players in it if your lucky...But on off hours players are forced to host their own games and sit and wait until other players come along, which can get very boring!

Also I want to address the issue of online play .... I think that the game is awesome... Especially because I don't like crowded games like Unreal 2004 where there is like 250 players in one game... It's just a damn shame that Eidos won't fix the major problems for us.

JayJay

P/S: Admin you are a killer with that HANDGUN!!! :eek:

admin_old
12th Apr 2005, 04:22
Hehe thnx jay :D I enjoy playing vs you atleast you don't leave 5 secs before the round ends to avoid getting a loss like JEJ does when he plays me :P You're a good sniper too.

We'll give them some time and see if they fix the issues with the game, the fact that they have not posted here to even address the issues with us tells me they don't really care as long as they make their $. That's not a smart way to do business if you ask me, atleast let us know you're going to do something about the issues start a PC BUG THREAD and gather as much info about it as you can and release atleast one patch asap to make the game much more playable.

jEj
12th Apr 2005, 05:27
Hehe thnx jay :D I enjoy playing vs you atleast you don't leave 5 secs before the round ends to avoid getting a loss like JEJ does when he plays me :P

:rolleyes: Meh, if you've read any of the other threads, even the one you posted in previous to this one, I've "enjoyed" several problems with my copy of the game.

I experience desktop crashes frequently and unpredictably. I don't mind taking a loss, but it's frustrating to start the game 3 times during the same map. Sometimes, I'll try and make it back, others I'll just completely reboot my comp in hopes of solving the problem. 99% of the time when you see me leave the game it's followed quickly by, "Do you want to report this error to Microsoft?"

*shrugs* Hope it's patched soon.

admin_old
12th Apr 2005, 05:31
whats your specs? what drivers are you using for your gfx card?

jEj
12th Apr 2005, 15:23
I exceed the minimum requirements for the game. I also have the latest drivers. These are the first things I checked when I started having problems.

When I first got the game, I experienced a lock up after the intro. This was solved by turning off Full Screen Effects, which I currently play without. I don't know what I'm missing.

I emailed Eidos with a copy of my dxdiag to which I received no reply.

admin_old
12th Apr 2005, 16:04
When I first got the game I got the same lockup issue after the intro. I installed Nvidia 76.41 drivers and the problems went away. The only problemt hat remains is the random crashes during movies, game play and the choppy online play with people that lag.

jEj
12th Apr 2005, 17:15
76.41 eh? I guess it can't hurt to try.

On another note, when you guys have crashed have you loaded back up and found the server list screwed up?

When I went back to enter a game I clicked on the server I was in and was deposited in a completely different server. When I checked the server list there were 2 servers and they appeared to be mirrors of eachother; clicking on either one sent me the same game regardless.

D'artanian
13th Apr 2005, 23:17
i have had it all happen, crash halfway in game and lose all scores etc, servers are screwed up, ppl leaving before the game ends. but I wont lie, if i crash before a game ends, and i get back in the game and there are 30 secs left, hell yea i leave, If i kept the score, and or there is a minute or more left, i play. You still get the points recorded although not the game win/loss. ****, lol, now that I have been been beaten down from 4 to 16 and dont have the time to play to catch any of u' I just play for the fun!!! weeeeeeee :rolleyes: but i still wanna stay in the top 30. :p

[T]AlCapone
18th Apr 2005, 05:42
Hehe thnx jay I enjoy playing vs you atleast you don't leave 5 secs before the round ends to avoid getting a loss like JEJ does when he plays me :P You're a good sniper too.

Hmmm... actually jayjay just did that to me two games in a row, after I got up by about 3 each time... just goes to show how shoddy this scoring system is. Someone needs to fix that. Like maybe having a 30 second stat update or something.

admin_old
18th Apr 2005, 05:49
lol i guess i'm the only one that does not bail out when i'm losing. I just don't see a point in doing that it's just a way of cheating the stats system.

Just so the super mod here knows, incase you talk to eidos, let them know i've found a exploit where you can go #1 easily without ever really fighting anyone. If i were to keep doing this i'd be #1 in about 3hrs with over 50000 points...so if you wish to hear the issue send me a pm :)

I think some people *cough jej cough* already know about this ;)

But leaving games in general when you're losing is just lame, and when you lie about it it's even lamer. If you do leave just admit to it or ignore the msgs about it cuz lying about it makes you look worst than cheating the stats system so you have low lose ration.

admin_old
18th Apr 2005, 05:53
AlCapone']is there any way to check your ping in game, fps, etc.? is there a console?

Use FRAPS man!

http://www.fraps.com/

[T]AlCapone
19th Apr 2005, 05:45
look at JeJ's hours... I dont think hes cheating the system

JayJay379
19th Apr 2005, 12:16
Uh, Al Capone, I mean that is your name right ... Al Capone after a gangster -->Funny huh,,, Anyway before you acuse me of leaving games you need to get it right .... I never even seen that name online before in my life-> So how could we have played together, and how could I have ran away from you??? Enlighten Me AL CAPONE!!! lol

P/S: Ask admin, even when he is killing me with that handgun of his, I always stay in till the end ... If anything I leave the beginning of the next round ...

Pistol
20th Apr 2005, 05:34
I can confirm that jay does stay even if i do get him with my amazing pistol power! :P He DOES leave the game after tho which sucks :\ nobody fights me and the only person that does is a out of sync kid aris666 and he's too out of sync so it's just boring to get killed when he's facing the other way.

BUT one thing jay does that bugs me is he jumps in tanks and orges all the time speciall when it's 1 on 1 and i think that's kinda lame. I wish he would not do that so much cuz i think the tank and orge are a very noobie thing to use when you're in the top 15! You should just fight it out with your guns not get in a tank and shoot.

Other than that tho, Jay does stick around till the end and leaves @ the start of the next round.

Aris666
20th Apr 2005, 16:27
I can confirm that jay does stay even if i do get him with my amazing pistol power! :P He DOES leave the game after tho which sucks :\ nobody fights me and the only person that does is a out of sync kid aris666 and he's too out of sync so it's just boring to get killed when he's facing the other way.

BUT one thing jay does that bugs me is he jumps in tanks and orges all the time speciall when it's 1 on 1 and i think that's kinda lame. I wish he would not do that so much cuz i think the tank and orge are a very noobie thing to use when you're in the top 15! You should just fight it out with your guns not get in a tank and shoot.

Other than that tho, Jay does stick around till the end and leaves @ the start of the next round.
amazing pistol power my ASS, I OWN YOU !!!!