PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! Lara wouldn't do that.

johnbegone
9th Apr 2005, 08:11
has anyone ever had a Tr moment when in gameplay Lara had to do something you just knew Lara wouldnt do? the one I'm thinking of is in chronicles where she sneaks up an clobbers the cook from behind killing him dead. would Lara do that? it made me feel creepy.
I'm talking about on the submarine of course. he was just a cook in the kitchen. not a guard or assassin or wrench weilding thug. if she'd have used that move on one of those types it would have felt better. anyone else ever get that feeling in any one of the games?
I played that level months ago but it still bothers me.

dhama
9th Apr 2005, 10:11
Violence in games either gets to you or it doesn't. I can only say if it does, then that's a good thing because it means you can tell the difference. ;)

Johnny
9th Apr 2005, 14:19
he was just a cook in the kitchen. not a guard or assassin or wrench weilding thug.

He wasn't just a cook... He was also a guard. He killed Lara if she wasn't quiet enough.

LARAMANIAC
9th Apr 2005, 15:07
A simple case of kill or be killed! ;)

enoch
9th Apr 2005, 22:12
I agree with the first post. It seems inhuman just wack a person that is standing with their back to you (her). But I think Dhama already explained that. I think...

Sophia Leigh
10th Apr 2005, 10:21
has anyone ever had a Tr moment when in gameplay Lara had to do something you just knew Lara wouldnt do? the one I'm thinking of is in chronicles where she sneaks up an clobbers the cook from behind killing him dead. would Lara do that? it made me feel creepy.
I'm talking about on the submarine of course. he was just a cook in the kitchen. not a guard or assassin or wrench weilding thug. if she'd have used that move on one of those types it would have felt better. anyone else ever get that feeling in any one of the games?

I agree with you thats why I like to tell myself that she just knocked him out.

Jsc
11th Apr 2005, 00:00

I've never got to that part. Can someone please post that cutscene?

Chris-Craig Michaels
12th Apr 2005, 03:27
I felt that way in TR3, at the very end… it completley ruined the ending for me, even though I got to All Hallows, when she got into the helicopter. The guy just smiled at her, and then she smiled back and shot him point blank. I think she shouldv'e at least done something as humane as hold a gun to his head and ordered him to take her somehwere, or maybe shoved him out the other side, or even just smiled and said "Well, are you going to give a girl a lift?" or at least anything short of killing him…which is what she did do.
I also didn't like the bit in the TRC Title sequence when she drops down behind the gaurd and shoves him into the fire, or the bit in TRC where, to get the secret, you had to kill the guard. I think you should have gotten the secret by figuring out how NOT to kill the guard.

johnbegone
12th Apr 2005, 05:39
I think you should have gotten the secret by figuring out how NOT to kill the guard.

I like your thinking on that. that could be a much greater challenge and keep with Lara's character.

Jsc
16th Apr 2005, 16:47
In angel of darkness Lara killed innocent Gendames, Museum Guards and Police Men in the Mnstrum Crimescene.

GeorgeMaciver
16th Apr 2005, 19:58
Lara kills things. If you don't like it, go find a tellytubbies game lol.

:D

Notts Raider
16th Apr 2005, 20:31
In angel of darkness Lara killed innocent Gendames, Museum Guards and Police Men in the Mnstrum Crimescene.

Tut tut, you dont have to kill them, you do have none lethal weapons

EddyBones
16th Apr 2005, 21:14
And you can always use the harpoon gun in the other games...

Jsc
16th Apr 2005, 22:29
Lara kills things. If you don't like it, go find a tellytubbies game lol.

I just saying .......

Shouldn't those guards arrest Lara. They just shoot first and ask questions later.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
17th Apr 2005, 02:07
I just saying .......

Shouldn't those guards arrest Lara. They just shoot first and ask questions later.

That is why I had no problem with disposing of them. I like to think of them as corrupt officers who got what they deserved.

GeorgeMaciver
17th Apr 2005, 08:49
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but when I go Raiding I shoot everything that moves! Even tried shooting the Guide in TR4 to see if he would die. And I LOVED killing all them gorillas, and lions, and crocs, and crows, and rats in TR1. I wish they'd bring them back so I could kill 'em all over again. It's great.

Jsc
17th Apr 2005, 13:06
Yes I just love killing! Antime a play a level I always have to kill Lara!

And Enimes

johnbegone
17th Apr 2005, 23:57
well this has nothing to do with killing animals or monsters. its just my perception that Lara fights smart and with some moral restraint. in other words if they are not attacking leave them alone. I dont see her as a indiscriminate person, okay? kill or be killed if you have to not because you want to. yeah, its just fantasy.