PDA

View Full Version : PC Open Deathmatch Tournament Nights Begin

imported_mike_g
8th Apr 2005, 20:31
From the Project Snowblind Community Page (http://stats.projectsnowblind.com/home/):

Project: Snowblind. PC Open Deathmatch Tournament
1400hrs 8 Apr 05

We are proud to announce the start of our official Project: Snowblind Open Deathmatch Tournament, starting 14 Apr 05. For the next six weeks, we will be hosting Thursday night deathmatch tournaments open to all PC players! Your host will be 'eidos_mikeg' also known as Mike Gonos, US online community representative for Eidos. Anyone interested in playing in the tournament, join Mike's game, 'eidos_tourney' when you see him go online Thursday nights at 5:00PM PDT (8:00 EDT). Winners will find their names in lights, posted on the official Project: Snowblind website's HONOR GUARD (and will win a small gift from Eidos as well). Please give the game format and rules (below) a quick look. So, start practicing, and we'll see you online!

For further information, please email community@eidos.com.

Tournament Format:

Game start time is 5:00 PM PDT (8:00PM EDT), Thursday Nights.*
The tournaments are open to all users on a first come; first served basis.
The game mode is Deathmatch, with options for Arms Race and Loadout varying on a weekly basis. Rounds are to be set to a score limit of 20. When a player reaches a score of 20, the round ends.*
The maximum number of players is eleven (not counting the host).
There will be an additional 'warm-up' round at the start of the tournament, and it's score does not count toward the tournament's outcome.
The host for all tournaments is 'eidos_mikeg' and the name for the tournament room will always be 'eidos_tourney'. If you do not see 'eidos_mikeg' in the match, you are in the wrong room!
Each tournament will consist of 5 rounds (plus the warm-up). Map rotation will vary on a tournament to tournament basis.
* Subject To Change

Official Rules

Players are awarded one point per round they win. The player with the most points at the end of five rounds wins. In the case of a tie for the lead, the player with the highest score in the final round is the winner. If the leaders have the same score in the final round, the player with the most kills in the final round is the winner. If the leaders are still tied, then an additional tie-breaker round will be played, and the higher scoring of the leaders in that round will be the tournament winner.
If a player is dropped from the game due to a network outage or other unforeseen occurrence, they may be replaced by another player. However, the dropped player's previous score (number of rounds won by that player) still stands. However, the score of a user within the round in which they were dropped is lost.
The tournament host will not directly participate in the combat, except during the warm-up round, but will remain in the game throughout the tournament.
A player who wins a tournament will have his/her name published on the official Project Snowblind Site, as well as in the official tournament results thread on the Eidos forum, and is also eligible to receive a prize (exception: a player who wins twice in row; see below). This prize is an official Project: Snowblind sticker.
Players must claim their prize via email to community@eidos.com with verification of their user name, the email address associated with that user profile, the player's full name and date of birth, and a shipping address, within 3 days of the tournament taking place or another user will be selected as the winner of that tournament.
No player may win a prize twice in a row. If a player wins a tournament, that player is ineligible to win a prize in the next tournament, though they are allowed to take part in the tournament and they will be recognized as the winner on the website.
By the act of claiming a prize, the player gives Eidos, Inc the right to contact that user, and to verify that user's game profile and account information.
Any violation of the terms of our online agreement by a player will disqualify them from the tournament. The copy of this agreement is located here: www.eidos.com/online/
Players under the age of thirteen years or employees of Eidos, Inc, any of its subsidiaries, or members of their families, are ineligible for prizes.

Eidos, Inc.

[eN]SplĂ­tter
9th Apr 2005, 00:44
:D
Awesome...although I have no idea what time those are, but I'll figure it out later, also I assume Agents will be allowed since having scanned the post I see no mention of them being prohibited?
Anywho GJ :D
Edit: Awww crap, just realised that 5:00 PDT is 1 in the morning in the UK :eek: Why, why, WHY :mad:
I hope they're be some for Euro players soon :rolleyes:

LT2k3
12th Apr 2005, 00:33
cool cool........
i hope i can play the tournament