PDA

View Full Version : Total system crash! Help!

Calculon30
8th Apr 2005, 06:31
I have just bought project snowblind. I am able to install the game and play.
The problem is that when I come to a saving point in the game, then my computer freezes and then reboots itself. This happens everytime I come to a saving point. I have an nvidia geforce 6800 oc using drivers 66.93. My system consists of an amd athlon 64 3200+ on asus k8n board. I have 512 megs of Patriot Extreme ram, 250gig ultra ata/133 HD, and 500 watts of juice powering my system! The game runs with no errors on my cheap computer with an nvidia geforce fx 5200 and 256megs of system ram. Is that messed up or what! Does anyone have the same problem I am having? If so, did you find a way to fix it? Thanx for the help...

Calculon30
8th Apr 2005, 23:20
I figured out my own problem. This may solve some other issues with drivers and the use of an nvidia geforce 6800. Just install or go back to the driver version 61.77. My system does not crash anymore game runs perfect. I have no lag during game play like I did before. I was using 66.93 before and went back to 61.77. This helped me!! I am going to use these drivers until nvidia releases a new driver with support for this game as well as others. Hope this helps you guys!!