PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars

medulla
8th Apr 2005, 00:31
I'm running XP Service Pack 2 on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Mobility Radeon 9000 video card 64 MB, 1.2 GHz, 384 MB RAM

The game starts up fine, shows the menu, then the introduction fine. Once a new game is started, I can sometimes see the characters, it is very cut-up, appears that the player is behind walls or outside of the building but cannot determine what to do. I've check the website - no patches, checked the driver for the video card - no updates, It says it can do the pixel shadowing. I'm at a loss and my 6year old is desperately wanting to play the game.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Clumsyorchid
8th Apr 2005, 01:41
Could be an issue with the 9000 mobility. The laptop versions of the desktop cards don't get very good driver support. I noticed a lot of similar problems when Thief 3 was released to PC last year. There was a fix of sorts, it required the user to download third party drivers, which remedied the problem. The drivers can be found at http://www.omegadrivers.net/ .

Want to say though, that Eidos does not offer support on driver installation and if any problems occur from using the drivers, its on you, not them. Luckily the Eidos forums have a great userbase that are always happy to help, so ask any questions and we'll try to fix it :).