PDA

View Full Version : IG Demo lock up part way into game

mindbender27
7th Apr 2005, 20:03
I have a Pent 4. 3.4 Gig with ATI radon 9600 and went back to Cat 5.1 drivers(after complet lock out with 5.3 drivers) with MS USB Trackball Explorer mouse and have 2 gigs of DDR Ram and DX 9.0c drivers. I have the latest drivers for my SB Live Sound Card. Great game demo but half way in I get a lock up with standard courser frezing but play will continue. I have the latest drivers for the Mouse. Funny thing the game worked the first time I played it and I used the Demo that was only 179 megs then second day it started freezing as above then tried the 209 meg demo, don't know the difference; and the freez ups with mouse started again

I would love to buy the game but will have to solve this problem first \

Any ideas? thanks to help in advance

:mad:

andytimtim
7th Apr 2005, 21:20
hhmmmmm this one's tricky! Your rig runs prefectly while playing the demo correct? Yet only your mouse freezes? How does the keyboard respond?

The only advice is could give you atm is to try the demo with a different mouse.

HellAngel_666
7th Apr 2005, 21:48
lol it's a 212 demo meaning that you may be missing some files

mindbender27
7th Apr 2005, 21:53
The key board dosen't work either nothing does except the game's graphics still keep going and once when I rebotted the mouse courser didn't show up and had to boot a second time.

mindbender27
7th Apr 2005, 21:55
The key board dosen't work either nothing does except the game's graphics still keep going and once when I rebootted the mouse courser didn't show up and had to boot a second time.

I had seen a comment somewhere that a freez is sometimes caused by the SB Live drivers being out of date or not Direct X compliant but mine were checked and are as far as I can tell,

I have no problems with any other games including mem grabbers such as Codename Panzers or AC with max units on screen :rolleyes:

I checked the mouse and it works with everything else so if it is the problem it is with this game only

andytimtim
7th Apr 2005, 21:56
lol it's a 212 demo meaning that you may be missing some files

My demo was 178mb or 170mb (cant remember which one)

Where did you download yours HellAngel?

EDIT- My download was 183.5mb from gamespot.

Check the size of the file (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/imperialglory/downloads.html)

HellAngel_666
7th Apr 2005, 23:11
lol i downloaded it from gamershell which was given by tafn. lol maybe i download a huge 40 mb virus! lol that would be REALLY bad lol :D

mindbender27
7th Apr 2005, 23:53
Using an old Logiteck 3 button works fine now. Can anyne tell me how to zoom in I don't have a wheel on the old mouse or where u can get all the commands for viewing

andytimtim
8th Apr 2005, 00:10
Using an old Logiteck 3 button works fine now. Can anyne tell me how to zoom in I don't have a wheel on the old mouse or where u can get all the commands for viewing

Try the "/" on the number pad.

Not sure about it though.

mindbender27
8th Apr 2005, 00:45
Tried it but dosen't work So I installed both mouse and use the wheel on the track ball for zoom and the logiteck for movement around screen and it works if you can beliwve that he he

:rolleyes:

Mike_B
8th Apr 2005, 09:03
lol i downloaded it from gamershell which was given by tafn. lol maybe i download a huge 40 mb virus! lol that would be REALLY bad lol :D

No it seems that they just removed directx to make the download smaller.

jaywalker2309
8th Apr 2005, 10:13
My demo was 178mb or 170mb (cant remember which one)

Where did you download yours HellAngel?

EDIT- My download was 183.5mb from gamespot.

Check the size of the file (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/imperialglory/downloads.html)

The `official` Eidos download is over 200meg as it includes directX and wasn't compressed using WinRaR :) its the exact same demo in terms of game content..