PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars - where are the saves?

txa1265
7th Apr 2005, 17:48
Hi:

I just got this game, and have played through most of Episode I, fortunately without any of the issues seeming to plague people here. Had a couple of questions:

- Where are the save games located? I have two computers I like to game on, and therefore like to be able to move saves between them. Is that possible?

- Every time I insert the disk, I get the installation screen. I can cancel and everything is fine ... it is just a pain. Anyone else seeing this?

- Camera control is a pain ... I hate to restart the 'Retake Theed Palace' scene because I had QuiGon jump to a ledge and jump up again, and then he was obscured and I couldn't remember exactly where I started ... so I fell to my death a bunch of times ...

Other than that this is actually quite a fun game that I ... er, and my kids ... are greatly enjoying ;)

Mike

rjguillory
8th Apr 2005, 18:28
I would really like to know that also. I have 2 computers and have been playing the game on one of em but now i have an issue with the game crashing without any errors. I want to try it on second computer but i'm not to excited about starting over.

txa1265
12th Apr 2005, 10:30
OK, I did the simple thing - searched the install directory for recently changed files ... given that I knew that it hadn't 'dumped' anything into any other folder (like so many games annoyingly do!)

So, what I found:
In the c:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game directory (default install directory)
SWLEGO.BIN seems to keep track of saves
Then there is a lsw_0 folder created, which contains CODE.BIN and LSW.BIN ... copy it all - and you're done!

Works great! I don't know if additional folders get created for other saves?

Mike

jaywalker2309
29th Apr 2005, 08:19
OK, I did the simple thing - searched the install directory for recently changed files ... given that I knew that it hadn't 'dumped' anything into any other folder (like so many games annoyingly do!)

So, what I found:
In the c:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game directory (default install directory)
SWLEGO.BIN seems to keep track of saves
Then there is a lsw_0 folder created, which contains CODE.BIN and LSW.BIN ... copy it all - and you're done!

Works great! I don't know if additional folders get created for other saves?

Mike

LSW_0 is slot 1
LSW_1 is slot 2 etc etc :)

txa1265
29th Apr 2005, 08:48
LSW_0 is slot 1
LSW_1 is slot 2 etc etc :)

I discovered that when my kids added their files ... had planned to return to mention it at some point.

It is too bad how many people are having problems with the game technically, it is really a joy to play.

Mike

jaywalker2309
29th Apr 2005, 10:13
I discovered that when my kids added their files ... had planned to return to mention it at some point.

It is too bad how many people are having problems with the game technically, it is really a joy to play.

Mike

We will do everything we can to help get everyone working :)