PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install

miguelbp
6th Apr 2005, 11:08
Hello, i have a trouble while installing the game. I insert dvd and the menu installation appears, and when i choose the directory where install game, it says that is not enogh space.

How it's possible? I've got 124GB free...

Maybe my pc?

I've got adm 3200+
1gb ddram
ati radeon 128mb
win98
160gb hd

... and a dvdrom and cd/rw rom

┬┐Anyone can help me?

xjesterx
6th Apr 2005, 13:43
thats one impressive hard drive! sorry dude i cant help ya maybe try again. cya
xjesterx

xjesterx
6th Apr 2005, 13:46
its because you need 256mb of ram you need to go buy another ram card, which isnt to exspensive cya
xjesterx

miguelbp
6th Apr 2005, 13:57
? I've got 1GB Ram, need 256 more? :confused:

Mike_B
6th Apr 2005, 16:10
? I've got 1GB Ram, need 256 more? :confused:

No that's not needed, it won't make any/much difference anyway on Win 98.

I however can't give you further help other than that.

Clumsyorchid
6th Apr 2005, 16:35
I find it hard to believe and probably unlikely, but is it possible Win98 is the culprit? I know it's 'not supported' in the min spec. Seems like a strange error to recieve if it's OS related, but it's something to consider. I know other Eidos titles, such as Thief 3, would not install under win98 which is why I'm considering it as a problem.

imported_mike_g
6th Apr 2005, 16:54
Clumsyorchid, why you dastardly traitor! What are you doing here? :)

Miguel, I will check out this problem straightaway, and either I or JumpinJeebus will give you an answer asap. K? However, I have to tell you, that I think the others in the thread are right. If you look at the box, it says under system requirements "Win 95/98/ME/NT Not Supported". Sorry I don't have better news for ya.

Clumsyorchid
6th Apr 2005, 16:57
Sorry, I'm a sucker for a good message board :). You'll have to ban me to keep me away haha.

imported_mike_g
6th Apr 2005, 17:04
Hey Clumsy, so when are you going to start playing P:SB on your home system? You can join my clan [eid] :)
"You can be my wingman anytime..."

Clumsyorchid
6th Apr 2005, 17:10
Hmmm, not much time for SB. Besides, my xbox and PS2 are not online atm. Also, not much of a clan player; I'm more of a lone wolf kind of player.

miguelbp
6th Apr 2005, 17:28
Clumsyorchid, why you dastardly traitor! What are you doing here? :)

Miguel, I will check out this problem straightaway, and either I or JumpinJeebus will give you an answer asap. K? However, I have to tell you, that I think the others in the thread are right. If you look at the box, it says under system requirements "Win 95/98/ME/NT Not Supported". Sorry I don't have better news for ya.

You're right, i didn't notice it before!.
Thanks for all :)

Maybe i will try it on another pc, not in mine :(

Clumsyorchid
6th Apr 2005, 17:45
On an unrelated note, doesn't Win98 only recognize up to 512 Ram? That would mean that your PC has 512 that is not being used at all, an upgrade in OS would significantly improve your performance in my opinion.

imported_mike_g
6th Apr 2005, 20:17
You're right, i didn't notice it before!.
Thanks for all :)

Maybe i will try it on another pc, not in mine :(

I'm sorry about the trouble. :( I hope you get a chance to try out the game, as I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Calculon30
8th Apr 2005, 08:03
I don't think that you will be able to use all of that 160 gigs of HD space using windows 98! Windows 98 may read that you have 123gig of free space, but I don't believe it was meant to handle that large of HD. Ugrade to winXP.