PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars Sound Problem

Jedi_2
6th Apr 2005, 03:40
Once in lego star wars some of the sounds are turned off, it seems like some of the sound fx's and music is usually gone. An example would be the dancing chairs scene, in the demo it played fine and everything was good. When I tried the scene in the final product no cantina music whatsoever, this problem is everywhere with missing fx's and music on many different objects. I have updated my Sound Blaster Live 5.1 to the latest drivers and have DirectX 9.0c. Does anyone know of how to fix this problem? Can any of you also tell me how big your sound effects file is because, mine is only one file@ 24.9MB and I really don't think the game's sound effects could be condensed into one file.

mauddibbers
6th Apr 2005, 17:11
I'm having an issue with Lego Star Wars sound. The sound on the main screen loops about 10 secons of sound over and over agian. In the game itself the sound works O.K. but there is no music. When cinematics begin I loose all sound.
I'm currently using onboard audio on a Soltek SL-K8TPro-939 The audio chip is a Realtek ALC850 chip. With the current reference drivers available from the Realtek website...
Any suggestions?
Only other sound card I have kicking around is an Aureal Vortex 2 card. Doubt that will work...

Jedi_2
6th Apr 2005, 19:47
I think the game is messing up because, the game disc is suppose to be 550MB and mine is only 455MB is this the right size or different from others here?

jaywalker2309
29th Apr 2005, 08:21
I'm having an issue with Lego Star Wars sound. The sound on the main screen loops about 10 secons of sound over and over agian. In the game itself the sound works O.K. but there is no music. When cinematics begin I loose all sound.
I'm currently using onboard audio on a Soltek SL-K8TPro-939 The audio chip is a Realtek ALC850 chip. With the current reference drivers available from the Realtek website...
Any suggestions?
Only other sound card I have kicking around is an Aureal Vortex 2 card. Doubt that will work...

This has been linked to using the `no cd` crack exe.. Please only use original executables.

midimusic5
27th May 2005, 18:13
Anyone else not getting ALL the sound effects in Lego Star Wars? It seems a bunch of sound effects are not playing (some light sabre sounds, blaster sounds). I even tried copying the sounds from the demo version!

I am NOT using the CD crack executable. My LegoStarwars.exe = 11,362,304 bytes.

The most noteable sounds that are missing are blasters and the light saber sound effects. No death sounds either. When I play the demo, all the sounds are there. Very interesting.

The only difference between the demo and the full version seems to be that the demo uses .WAV files and the full version has a SFX.DAT file. Copying the .WAV files over and modifying the audio.cfg doesn't help anything.

There doesn't seem to be any help over at Eidos website except a FAQ that doesn't address this sound problem.

Any help from someone who has fixed this would be greatly appreciated.

Incom_Inc
28th May 2005, 05:05
I think the game is messing up because, the game disc is suppose to be 550MB and mine is only 455MB is this the right size or different from others here?

I have the same size for my disc... 455MB and I'm having problems with blaster sound fx. I hope this can be remedied because I haven't seen any help on the website FAQ either. :mad:

zudatron
1st Jun 2005, 18:48
I know this thread is duplicated but it's an important problem so I'm posting here also.

I had the same problem and fixed it, but your results may vary.

I have a Sound Blaster Live Value and am running Windows XP. With the stock XP drivers I had sound problems as you described.

I installed SB drivers from Creative's site "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe" and now the sound plays perfectly.

So it's not an absolute flaw with the game, but some kind of incompatability between the game and some sound drivers.

Hopefully others can get it working for their cards also. It is much much better with all the correct Star Wars sounds!

Incom_Inc
2nd Jun 2005, 04:02
Thanks zudatron!! Your insight totally worked. Now the game really kicks butt!! Thanks again for your advice, downloading the latest driver for my sound card worked like a charm (in fact it's the exact same download you did). I guess I should have figured that one out for myself... maybe that's why nobody responded to my previous emails.

Dude, with the sound fully working this game totally rocks. It's seriously one of the funnest games I've played in a long time. Thanks again! :)

Inimbrium
30th Apr 2008, 17:06
For those of you still having the problem and own the game, but would like to be able to play it without the CD and are having this problem and are using a no cd executable, you can get a working copy here: http://www.megagames.com/cgi/download/download.cgi?action=search&category=cracks&search=LEGO.STAR.WARS.V1.0.ENG.RELOADED.NOCD.ZIP

Enjoy.