PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the game

Guevara
5th Apr 2005, 08:28
before we go saying "CHECK THE FORUMS AND FAQ" i just wanted to say that i already have! I have checked all that i could and now i wanted to get some questions. I noticed in some screenshots that there are some city like battles but i read no sieges? So if we attack a city or captial is it sort of like the total war series where we do sieges and can wait it out? Or can we attack and run thru the city streets under fire from buildings and such. And im guessing we have to take the capital building to win.
Another question. After playing the demo there are a couple things that really get on my fREAKIN nerves. NOBODY stands their ground, when the damn enemy charges with there "charge AI" (which i pray changes) my men run around stupidly and dont fire until they change a formation. It ruins it and they dont stay in my opretty lil formation i make for em. Thats a big complaint.
Well though they protest the game being similar to TW it does resemble it a lot, but its still an AWESOME game and im getting very excited about it, but i dont want another dissapointment like Rome TW.
I have tons of questions but ill finish with this, the movement on the campaign map is it like RTW where u dont move province to province but rather as far as the army can in a month.year? Oh and how do we take turns? by years or months or seasons? Ill think of more later

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 12:14
no real movement. it's providence by providence as in the demo clip.

also no seiges from the looks of it as their are not cities...just the one map of the providence. so when you attack one providennce you get that map.

cites house and such don't burn. not from any of the screens that is.

Psycho Pigeon
5th Apr 2005, 14:40
Buildings can get destroyed though, well the buildings in the desert map(unlike the bridge in hanover :mad: :mad: ).

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 15:07
those buildings got knowed down? cuase i had a battle were i held out for like 5 mins and the buildings just got shelled to no avail....post a screen

Psycho Pigeon
5th Apr 2005, 16:35
Yep, well the roof collapsed but i didn't mean to fire at it i had my arty fireing over it but they're crap so they were missing and hit the house eventually gave way. :D

andytimtim
5th Apr 2005, 17:21
Yeah the buildings can collapse...happened to me at hanover as the british

Can't be bothered getting pic just now, but if no one has posted a pic in a few hours then i will :)

Psycho Pigeon
5th Apr 2005, 18:36
Prepare for a big pic :cool:

http://img173.exs.cx/img173/4949/wooofwooff6na.jpg

Thats all i could do.

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 19:32
SWEAT thats great. going to do it now!

sqall
5th Apr 2005, 19:47
sweat??? :confused:

andytimtim
5th Apr 2005, 19:56
hehe thanks Psycho Pigeon you saved me ten minutes. :D

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 20:38
lol sweet. sorry. :D it was just SOO cool that i hit my keys to fast, not thinking! anyways how is the roff top standing up? you'd think it would fall down?

Guevara
5th Apr 2005, 21:04
well this went seriously off topic.. But i just thought of another question, is there "colonies" in the game. i read that u can help simon bolivar fight off the spanish and such, but the map says only europe, russia,north africa. Now in a game that takes place during the heavy colonial period, i would hope there were SOME colonies. But probably not im guessing.
And the movement is like Medeval total war then? thats not bad, but i see screens were there are lots of buildings and such, maybe thats a town??

andytimtim
5th Apr 2005, 21:17
Now in a game that takes place during the heavy colonial period, i would hope there were SOME colonies.

I'm no historian but i thought the heavy colonising took place between 1832-1900. Mostly in india, pacific and south africa. Someone correct me if im wrong.

The timeline for IG id 1790-1820 (correct?) That was mostly the americas.

Guevara
6th Apr 2005, 00:05
there are still some occupied colonies, id like to see it.