PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a multiplayer demo?

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 12:24
I think it would be a cool thing to do while waiting. I don't know if Pyros would be interested in doing it...but if they were i would download it! :)

Psycho Pigeon
4th Apr 2005, 14:28
Yeh me too, i will be playing mostly multiplayer anyway in the full game so it would be great to have a few level(s) to muck around on!.

Drewoid13
4th Apr 2005, 23:19
i'd like the single player demo to work first. for me nyway

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 00:10
one word...

yes :rolleyes:

three more words. but won't happen :(

Battilus
5th Apr 2005, 00:12
2 words.

yes please :D

maybe the please will help?

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 00:39
3 words then.

NOW or DIE

(tried to find image of michael jackson but he's so dead it expired....)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050223/482/carf10802230014&e=7
lol

Hannibal-Sun
6th Apr 2005, 00:12
I asked for one with the threat of not purchasing. Looks like I won't be purchasing.

Loved the graphics of the game but it's too bad you have to fight to the death in these games. Realism is not a factor in this game and therefore will limit any multiplayer strategic tactics.

I hate roll of the dice games and would rather play "I declare war" than load up my PC with a game that is just all graphics and slight on the gameplay. I think the product is not ready for release.

Rome: Total War was not ready for release and it still sucks to try to get a multiplayer going or for that matter completed.

Not sure when these developers will wise-up and understand that I represent a large number of online video game players and not a kid that sits at home to play a single player alone all weekend. Replayability is in the ability to play with different players with different skill sets. Your AI, no matter how tight will not match that of a determined kid that really wants to dominate the game.

Give us a multiplayer before you release the game. It may well be worth the investment that the feedback will give you to be able to build a competitive game that goes beyond the fact the developers "like" RTW, but to the point that they admire from afar and would rather achieve more than the kids at Creative Assembly.

I talk about the Total War series a lot because it is one of the best engines created for war strategy gaming. People need to take a hint and either follow close behind the leaders or step-up and be one.

I know this game can be better but it sounds like the developers wish to just get something out there maybe due to money running out. If I had the dough, I'd front the cash just to see these guys take a little more time to make a game that I may be playing like five years from now.

BTW: With the multiplayer, will you guys be using GameSpy?

Thanks and good luck with it.

Hannibal-Sun

Guevara
6th Apr 2005, 15:12
agreeeeeedd.. I bought RTW and was totally dissapointed, especially with the AI. i Just pray this game is different

andytimtim
6th Apr 2005, 15:38
BTW: With the multiplayer, will you guys be using GameSpy?

Only if Xfire isn't compatible

mob
6th Apr 2005, 16:11
ya but they can take the server down making it invalid once the game comes out or like 2 weeks later so it doesnt matter

Drewoid13
10th Apr 2005, 19:01
Guevara: I'm going to have to kill you or something man. RTW kicked monkey balls on fire. granted the AI sucks, but the gamplay set the base for the next generation of the RTS genre. Look at all the otehr games now that are coming out with the battle map and the campaign map elements. admit that at least