PDA

View Full Version : The very first AAR for IG. Austria - Hanover. (Demo version)

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 22:52
The very first AAR (After-Action-Report) For Imperial Glory. Thanks to Sick for making this mod which makes it able for you to play as the Austrians. :)

HellAngel_666 said it was hard-going for the Austrians at Hanover, I'll admit i giggled a little because as the british i lost my first battle there. But know i see the errors of my ways... :o

So anyway, i decided to keep the same formation the A.I had. Only difference was that i thought my Cavalry would be more affective sitting on that nice hillside.

http://img88.exs.cx/img88/5163/formation8jj.jpg

Straight away the enemy charges with their Cavalry, i counter this by releasing mine, and a small victory was won. Else where both armies Artillery open up, while the Infantry exchange blows. The british appear to be gaining the upper hand...

http://img150.exs.cx/img150/3192/therainbegins9cf.jpg

The situation seems to worsen when my right flank starts to take serious casualties. The artillery is taken a heaven toll on my troops.

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/931/dyingman2pn.jpg
Dying man is seem falling to his muddy death...

In a last ditch attempt to win the battle, i hastly rush my cavalry to destroy the British artillery ...(I think that is such a cool shot of my cavalry rushin their front lines! :D )

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/5425/lastditchattemp8wq.jpg

But that was not enought, the enemy broke through my lines killing all but a few men.

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/160/surrender9md.jpg
For this man, the war is over...

ack well you can't win them all i suppose...next time with a little more practice you never know...

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 23:06
LOL you waste ALL THAT BANDWIDTH for a LOSE! lol i give you 5 stars two tumbes way up! lol :D NIEC JOB ya had me going there. ;)

anyways try out my tatic see if it crashes

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 23:07
lol p.s. nice commentary. love the "For this man, the war was over..." lol :D

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 23:08
LOL you waste ALL THAT BANDWIDTH for a LOSE! lol i give you 5 stars two tumbes way up! lol :D NIEC JOB ya had me going there. ;)

Thanks, my first 'proper' AAR! :D Took me five minutes to type up :p

And for the bandwidth...i'm unlimited :D ;)

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 23:09
lol p.s. nice commentary. love the "For this man, the war was over..." lol :D

aww man it took me ages too get that shot, i kept missing it but in the end i finally got it :p :)

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 23:13
you should have gotten one where the guy reaches out for help. just to be tramble by infantry or cal latter :( what a way to go. also i didn't like how units will just dissapear after a while (cyaina sp) they just fade away. even the artillery not just 5 mins

HellAngel_666
3rd Apr 2005, 23:21
i know i havn't won but the best tatic i did was have my cal take out the artillery on the bridge and then attack the black watch (the killer and most POWERFULL unit on the feild, except for artillery) well i took out the artillery reatreated and all out charged the black watch. i killed them down to 6 before their other units finished me off. then i had my artillery open fire on the enemy when they cam to the house. the cal were taken out with my squares at the loss of my artillery. in all they have no cal, no artillery no black watch (well 6), and 1/3 of their other three units is out cause of my artillery. they went through my men like a hot knife through butter and i was lost my musket men, and one rifel men (the 3 unit in the list) then i tried to hold onto the house. but failed. in the end i had 300 killes. :-( just to many peeps to try and take out :(

andytimtim
3rd Apr 2005, 23:33
If you can manage to destroy their artillery you can have a good chance of beating them!

I started it again and rushed my cavlery over the river to take a cheap shot at their cannons...it wasn't too successful as their cavlery destroyed mines. :p :o

Cro_Knight
4th Apr 2005, 00:03
how did u play as austrians i want to know how

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 00:04
how did u play as austrians i want to know how

Muhahahahahaha tis a secret you shall never know!! :eek:

nah, im kididng. :p Theres a thread around here somewhere about it.

HellAngel_666
4th Apr 2005, 00:18
OMG LOL JUST LOOK! IT"S THE ONLY ONE THAT SAYS MOD! lol :eek: USE YOUR EYE's! lol you just won my loser of the week award "How do you feel? :confused: confused? well open your eyes!"

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 02:11
Hmmmm, maybe i should do one for the Desert map! :D

sick
4th Apr 2005, 09:35
Playing as Austria in Cyrenaica wasn't too difficult. I lost the first time, but that was because I completely forgot to kill their artillery. :rolleyes: Second time was a piece of cake.

Havn't completed Hannover yet, it's soooo difficult. :eek: I was close to victory, but I lost too many men when trying to kill their artillery. :mad:

Thanks for Sick and anyone else who helped make this mod
Just me. :)

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 11:17
Thanks for Sick and anyone else who helped make this mod

Just me. :)

Corrected. :)

sick
4th Apr 2005, 14:10
I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!! :D
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/jsikking/austriawin.jpg

Oke, oke, I admit, I cheated. :rolleyes:

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 14:19
I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!! :D
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/jsikking/austriawin.jpg

Oke, oke, I admit, I cheated. :rolleyes:

lol, :D how did you get 1000 odd troops? :eek:

HellAngel_666
4th Apr 2005, 17:04
LOL and you TOOK 700 kill's HAHAHAHA best i'v done is 300 on enemy all on me. :p try that on for size. also try and take teh windmill asap with all but one unit (3 unit in to gard house) game crashes for me. how bout you?

sick
4th Apr 2005, 19:04
I sent all my units attacking the enemy all at once. Didn't use any tactics, I knew I would win anyway, even though it would cost the lives of many of my brave men. :D

andytimtim, I'll make some modding guide soon, which explains everything I've discovered so far (including changing the amount of units in a troop. :) )

andytimtim
4th Apr 2005, 19:14
andytimtim, I'll make some modding guide soon, which explains everything I've discovered so far (including changing the amount of units in a troop. :) )

Hehe, thanks...im curious to see how many units i can get on the field before it craps out of me! :D

HellAngel_666
4th Apr 2005, 19:24
lol the highest i'v counted in a screen is 23 ... so there should be ALOT of units.

Psycho Pigeon
4th Apr 2005, 22:07
Hey guys, play hanover as the austrians, try and get past the red coats and lead them across the biggest bit of river(also far away from the bridge so it takes longer to get their artillary over) then as the reds are crossing get everything you have fireing into the river, it's so cool i can't stop doing it, seeing those poor defenseless men dying in that water...gives me a sense...sense of power! :eek:

HellAngel_666
4th Apr 2005, 22:19
do you win? :confused: lol

also i did that with my only cal. i took out their artillery on the bridge retreated to the house took it. then i had my two line squares at teh left windmill defeat their cal the enemy infantry immidtly went for the first house. and i charged into the water taking out 1.4 their men charge over a hill (even a water bank) has huge impact) anyways i lost due to impationence as i went on the offencive when i would have won defedning the au main house. they just wiped me out without me having loaded guns :(

anyways i tried the same tatic a minute later (in reply) and the AI KNEW my plan and wiped my out completly sending in it's cal to my artillery asap instead of mill. lol i restarted pc but to no avail. IT LEARNED! now i'm re-installing to get it back :p

Psycho Pigeon
4th Apr 2005, 22:45
Yeh i know, it knows that i retreat to the river bank so they send some infantry and cav to incircle me and it never used to do this!. It would normaly send its cav to the hill infront of me which i would take out to make sure it would send the rest there and then retreat to the river:(.

HellAngel_666
4th Apr 2005, 23:12
lol it's nice because it means never the same tatics... 51 battle maps with the SAME tatics EVERY time gets REALLY boring. so i hope this helps :(

Cro_Knight
4th Apr 2005, 23:12
MAYBE I SHOULD kick yURR SORRY ASS!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho Pigeon
4th Apr 2005, 23:32
Lol! i think hellangel will find your spelling more insulting than your challenge to ' kick his ass ' .

HellAngel_666
5th Apr 2005, 00:04
lol so true so true... anyways what did i do to po him? :confused: but trust me if you want a FIGHT :mad: I'LL TAKE YOUR @$$ DOWN!

Teuvo
6th Apr 2005, 09:50
How to play as Austria? :confused:

StudUK
6th Apr 2005, 18:06
here you go my friend

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=28

Dont know why they couldn't give out a link without being a smart arse...kids

StonedRaider
6th Apr 2005, 20:51
The first mission (the Easy one) is soo easy, you can win so many ways. The test is the Medium one. My game crashed 3 times before I finally came up with a strategy to beat it. If you have beaten the Medium mission on the Demo, post your strategy after this, I wanna see what kind of ways you did. My strategy: Since both the times I tried playing offensive crashed, I played defensive. The abandoned encampment I put a cavalry unit, and 2 infantry units (I did this for the other encampment too), then put my Riflemen in the building you spawn at, put 2 infantry units + black watch unit + cavalry unit with guns + my 3 artillery. They sent a lot of shizzle to one of my encampments which I lost, there was a huge fight basically which left me with 20 infantry against 4 single artillery. It was tough, but i killed their artillery with like 6 guys left....Pretty close win if you ask me. I need more strategy's to try out. Post em.

GeraldDuval
7th Apr 2005, 00:40
When I beat the limeys I brought my cannons flush with the right side of the objective house. I then had my infantry form squares around the front and right flank of my arty. My Cav protected my rear.

The brits sent one regiment of cav which broke like water on my squares. Then they sent a second in an effort to get my arty. What the squares didnt finish my Cav did, but not without being cut almost in half first.

by that time the Limey infantry had reached mine and with out fear of cav I formed lines to duke it out with them. All was well until my cav was destroyed knocking out a gun battery. Then the british Grenadiers and the gallant fourty-twa formed column and drove a wedge through my lines, cutting off and eventually decimating my right flank.

I had made short work of the enemy infantry on my left flank and turned to face the grenadiers and Black Watch. Using my largest contingent of men to occupy the limeys i was able to reconnect with my shattered right flank (all of 8 men) who returned to friendly lines in good order.

This put me at a 90 degree angle to my initial position with my right flank anchored on the house. Again using my largest contingent to fix the British i manuvered the 2 remaining small units around the side of the house and formed line well to the enemies rear and cut them to ribbons.

Bear in mind that all this time i was being pounded on by the Royal Horse Artillery (who were shielded by Hussars), I had saved most of my men by shielding them behind either enemy units or the house. I formed column and forced marched into the woods to the right of the house, forcing the enemy guns to change positions. During that brief reprieve from the cannon shot I wheeled the columns around and charged the guns.

My boys took a pounding in those long yards to the enemy guns. My worst fear was that the enemy cavalry would counter cherge, dashing my hopes of victory. Thankfully a small unit was able to reach the guns and kill the crew before they were cut down by the british Hussars. during the melee I had formed squares to either side of the fight. In a vain attempt to finish me off the hussars charged back and forth between the squares until they finally succumbed to the musketfire.

It was a white knuckle battle if i ever had one...

Teuvo
7th Apr 2005, 10:27
here you go my friend

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=28

Dont know why they couldn't give out a link without being a smart arse...kids

Thanks buddy

HellAngel_666
8th Apr 2005, 00:51
ok here is my victory (but first some really kick ass pictures and the horrors of war on both sides... AU solider takes the brunt of a cal charge....and in a despreat plea for help calls out to me Laughing (and YOU!)

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/1943/scotisnjigcopy6yy.th.png (http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=scotisnjigcopy6yy.png)

and then a black watch in a horrorfing posture looks at the volly of fire that just wiped 10 of his comrads, and falls to his own death

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/1943/scotisnjigcopy6yy.th.png (http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=scotisnjigcopy6yy.png)

and here is the VICTORY (best one for me on a differnt battle right after this one)

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/2603/bestauvictoryformecopy9yl.th.png (http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=bestauvictoryformecopy9yl.png)

MORE PICTURES TO COME!

ok my stragidy for AU is this (see next ph for letter meanings)

first setup have A and you E, E and C set up by the house (as close as possiable) then have both L,L set up half way between forest and house (all of units should be TOUCHING the red line, or close to) then start. zoom to the enemys start postion as he will give tatics now. if his cal heading (after 2-3 seconds to the hill with the mill then have your two L,L run to the mill and form square. then move em to the house to form the picture below (skiping the squaring actions) if the cal are going for the bridge then follow the WHOLE guild.

i take the house with my artillery (A) on the open side of the house (cal behind it for quick melee), with a elite (E) marksmen, and a regular line men (L) markesmen. take 1 E and place it infront of your A facing the bridge, take one L and place it just before your E you just placed. (same direction) square em and do the same on the other side to look like this if from Brit direction

* = house
* * C
* * -A-
--E-- * --E--
--L-- --L--

have your infantry form sqaure to take the innitial cal charge from the enemy. when it's really low it will think and move to your rear where your cal is, have you cal charge into melee and then go back to where it was. let you units go to line after this for the next cal charge (they WANT your artillery) all the while keep haveing your guns fire on anything that comes near you. let you infantry fire all at once. the effect will leave all but 10-5 cal left. then melee with your own cal. this is where things go crazy. have your infantry fire on teh enemy charging you line men will take melee or they will retreat and have your Art open. take your cal and go half way to the other house (AWAY FROM ENEMY INFANTRY) have em run. then have them engage enemy art. this is while your art is being melee'd with that said have on L engage in the enemys attck on your art whil you feint a attack on another unit with your other L. when your melee is engaged with your art (now dead) have one E fire onto that melee some what close. (they retreated most likly/or turned so they are somewhat away from the main melee) with the feint stop right infront of the enemy which has formed square and FIRE into it with you otehr E and L this will devestate that unit. retreat your L and feint again to have the enemy stay in square and then fire only one side of it's units into you(this reduces your damage) then fire again with your L and E and finish it off with your calver in the rear (as it has taken out 2 cal units and 2 art units and is none engaged) the melee that was origonaly for YOUR art is nowq over and the square is done. this leaves two units left which can be taken out with feints from for L units. when the unit is about <15 then charge with your CAL and then retreat the cal to a saft location (as always didn't mention above but you should) then do this to the other unit. you SHOULD have won.

lol I did. with little easy. it was one of my toughest battles but once you win it gets easy! really!